Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Cheap HID kits

917 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
#6 ·
It's not street legal on a car unless it's a factory setup.

That said, I retro-fitted my Eclipse and was only given the highbeams from passing cars occansionally. Here's a comparision pic with one HID and only standard Halogen:

#7 ·
hid kits, oober ghey.

Its a straight path to being a bike ricer. I think they package it with a copy of biker boyz.

spend the money and time and become a real pimp.
hidplanet.com/forums

here is my One projector setup

i used these components

to get this result

#11 ·
Ok, I'll admit that your HID setup is the nicest retrofit I've ever seen, but the real issue for me is the cost. I'm not against dropping $200 on an HID kit, but your setup must have cost the better part of $1,000 for everything, if I'm dropping a grand more on my bike, it's not going to be on headlights.

#9 ·
the only "it" in hid setups should be "retrofit" because the "it" in "kit" is "shit"
How long did it take you to come up with that? :jester

#13 ·
I just read your writeup about it and see that you had a stock projector on the bike when you got her, thus the ability to swap and go. I have reflectors, so no such luck. Maybe I'll go the opposite route and set up some headlight Blackouts, like Steve Mcqueen's in The Great Escape...

#14 ·
you do have reflectors, but that doesnt stop the other 90% of retrofitters.

Mine was just EASIER. Yours just needs another piece called a "shroud" which will cover the projecter, sans the lens.

Blackouts are sexy, just keeping an eye out, "friends dont let friends install crappy HID Kits"

#18 ·
you live in wheaton........

I live in naperville/Aurora. pretty darn close one might say.

I also did my Talon,

:)

HID is better than crack, every time you mount it, your like... dayyyummmm.... you will see mine when riding season starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.