6 Hour Go Cart Endurance Race for DuPage PADS - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Charity events This forum is dedicated to the numerous charity events that our members are involved in. Please visit this forum often and do what you can to help out, Only you can make a difference.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: '03 SV 650S turned Nakid, '13 Empulse R
Years Riding: Enough
How you found us: Google

6 Hour Go Cart Endurance Race for DuPage PADS

ChicagoIndoorRacing is putting on a six-hour endurance race for charity on February 27th at their Addison location, and I am planning on putting a team together. The Charity is to fight local homelessness (http://www.dupagepads.org/). While there will probably be some local businesses with teams in the event, I suspect that there will also be several teams made up of amateur racers from several walks and that competition will be very good for the top spot. The cost and team size is TBD, although I expect the cost to be between $600 and $1000 per team and team sizes to range between 10 and 16 drivers (based on what the director has said in driver meetings for local league events).

They are planning on having starting positions based on the amount of funds raised by each team, although given the running time of the race, starting position will be trivial to the final results. Every team will also be required to make the same number of driver changes and fuel stops, but it sounds like there may be some charity-based shenanigans, too.

I plan on doing an “arrive and drive” day sometime in mid February to give those who have never ran at this venue a chance to familiarize themselves with the track, too.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will forward you more information as it comes along. Also, I would like commitments by February 7th, and if I don't have a full team I'll be looking to combine with another team.

Sean
03 SV650
13 Empulse R
05 Mazdaspeed Miata
13 JSW TDI

It is far better to be thought of as a smartass than an dumbass. And as American Humorist Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumbass question will inevitably appear smartassed". - Bob Hall (creator of the Miata)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:31 PM
G2G

Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom

Im interested if the cost is under $100
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk

Same here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

As well as me.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 PM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Using the locations carts, or private?? Either way, I'm definately in. I'll PM you now. Those carts are fun!!

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
Im interested if the cost is under $100
add me to the list as well...

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

It will be CIR's carts.

Sean
03 SV650
13 Empulse R
05 Mazdaspeed Miata
13 JSW TDI

It is far better to be thought of as a smartass than an dumbass. And as American Humorist Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumbass question will inevitably appear smartassed". - Bob Hall (creator of the Miata)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

More details are out. The official website is https://dupagepads.myetap.org/drivefor25/

The entry fee is $600/team, but they require matching funds for charity, so figure $1,200 total per team. People can donate to your team through the website, which could help lower out-of-pocket expenses.

I don't know how anyone thinks they'll be able to make it with just four drivers; when I do the iron man races, which are about 55 minutes in a cart at one time, I need three or four days before I regain full use of my hands again. I would still like to get 10 to 15 drivers on my team, which will also make fund raising easier and is a whole lot easier on the body.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Sean
03 SV650
13 Empulse R
05 Mazdaspeed Miata
13 JSW TDI

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

I know some of you were disappointed I couldn't get a team together. I ended up jumping on a team of a guy that races in some of the league events. The event was a huge success. The goal was to raise $25,000 but by the end of the race the grand total was $50,002 (I heard people were adding donations right at the end just to double the goal). Since it was such a huge success, I am sure they will be running again next year. I still hope to get a CLSB team together when they do run it again.

The team I was on finished 9th out of 18 at 25 laps behind the leader, which is pretty amazing considering three of our drivers had never been in a cart before. The team captain and I were trading fast laps throughout the day, but he got me by 6 thousandths of a second during the last session with a 30.300. Times were a little slow since a lot of the drivers were novices and dealing with traffic meant the driving style had to be changed, but I still had tons of fun. Can't wait until next year!

Sean
03 SV650
13 Empulse R
05 Mazdaspeed Miata
13 JSW TDI

Last edited by SopFu; 02-27-2011 at 06:22 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM
he who is absent foreskin

Sportbike: Z1000
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: Search Engine

Send a message via AIM to Loki047
Re: 6 Hour Go Cart Endurance Race for DuPage PADS

I was there too - donated money for one of my clients teams - to cheer it on. Some of those kids were freakishly fast.

I think 20k of that came from continental dealers.

Jordan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode