MS Walk - May 1st, 2005 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Charity events This forum is dedicated to the numerous charity events that our members are involved in. Please visit this forum often and do what you can to help out, Only you can make a difference.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

MS Walk - May 1st, 2005

CLSB Community:

One of my best friends and his family have been touched by this affliction in a very personal way. His twin sister has been fighting this disease for years. Together they have endured the good days, and the very very bad days - all in the hopes that someday there would be a cure.

As we all know, research and awareness cost money. If you have the means to donate to their cause - please follow the link provided below. Their website will allow you to track the progress of their fund raising, and provide links to additional information. I encourage everyone to drop in a couple of bucks if they can, or better yet get involved with the walk itself! Thanks everyone in advance for your kindness. From myself, and the Shimp Family.

Click to visit the donation page - Thanks!

ps - If you donate, please add your name to their scrolling list along with "CLSB". It's always nice to see the bikers helping out!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Letter from Jon -

Dear Friends and Family,

Every hour, another person is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. For 18,000 people in Illinois and some 400,000 nationwide, including my twin-sister, Katie, that hour has already arrived. This past year has been an especially difficult one for Katie and her battle against this disabling disease. As a result, my resolve to help cure this disease is greater than ever!

It's not easy to pinpoint the cause of multiple sclerosis and so far, the cure rests on continued research. This is why I am writing to you: I need your help, generosity and support! As a participant in the 2005 MS Walk on Sunday, May 1, I am raising money so the Greater Illinois Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society can continue to provide programs and services for Illinois families impacted by multiple sclerosis while funding vital research into the cause and cure of multiple sclerosis.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides approximately 77% of every dollar raised to programs that actively help people with multiple sclerosis and their families, public and professional education and research. A portion of your donation will help fund more than 300 multiple sclerosis research projects.

Please consider making a donation on my behalf to help me reach my fundraising goal.

It's faster and easier than ever to support the fight against multiple sclerosis: online donations can be made simply by clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. Or you can send a donation made payable to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to me at 1215 N. Orleans Ct, Unit 401, Chicago, IL 60610. Every dollar makes a difference in this fight against multiple sclerosis.

Also, please check out my personal page to learn why I'm walking in this great event on May 1, 2005. You can even check on my fundraising progress and if you've made a donation, look for your name scrolling in the fundraising honor roll. Your support is so important to me and to those living with multiple sclerosis.

I truly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress! Together we can help end this nightmare for Katie and the countless others who, like her, battle the effects of this horrible affliction every day!

Sincerely,

Jon Shimp

<---- Patrick

Last edited by Underdog; 03-09-2005 at 03:38 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Note about Donations: If you choose to donate an amount other than the denominations listed - you can write in your own amount in the last option. This should be obvious to you web savvy cats - but I thought you should know that there is no minimum donation. Every bit helps etc.

That is all. Thanks again - and thanks to the Admins for lighting up this fancy new sub-forum!!

<---- Patrick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2005, 04:07 PM

Big Props

THIS IS GREAT YOU POSTING THIS!!!!

YOU GET MAJOR PROPS FROM D. WOLF!!!!!!!!!

(as if that really means something? lol)

I've won two things today.

Last edited by Loki_D_Wolf; 03-09-2005 at 04:09 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Well the walk is this weekend. Thanks to all members of the CLSB community that donated so far! I really appreciate it. All donation links will be up and running through the weekend if you are interested in helping out.

Thanks!!

<---- Patrick

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 03:17 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

Done!!

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

my wife is walking again in this sunday, and in that she takes my donation.

thanks to everyone that helps what they can

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
Listen to Motley Crue

Sportbike: POSER
Years Riding: 3 Years
How you found us: Shadrach

My cousin (who has MS) will be holding a party at Goose Island on Saturday night. From 8-??? If you are not doing anything please stop by and support this cause!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode