Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

San Diego Hotels

481 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  LadyDemona 
#1 ·
Im headed to San Diego in a couple of weeks and am looking for a beachfront hotel thats decent/clean with a nice pool perhaps without spending $200+ a night.

It doesnt need to be in San Diego, could be further north as the first couple of days I'll be in Anaheim.

Family friendly beach recommendations with big waves for the kids??

#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
If you're looking for decent waves, Huntington Beach is the place; it's about 1.5 hours away from SD.

As for the SD area, anywhere in La Jolla and Pacific Beach would be good, and as whiteseat said there's always hotel del in Coronado;) .

Where will you be spending the bulk of your stay, commuting between a hotel around Anaheim or Huntington Beach and San Diego could get really tiresome when there's traffic and trust me there always is.

Don't stay in Oceanside it's a bit shady there.

#5 ·
Here's a link for hotels in the SD area

Try this site for hotels in SD.

http://www.pacificbeachonline.com/

Like I said before the best surfing in San Diego is by Pacific Beach, La Jolla has good beachfront hotels as well as Mission Bay, Del Mar and Coronado, Avoid Oceanside at all cost, too many shady areas.

Btw, highly recommend going to The Wild Animal Park while your in SD but be ready to spend the whole day there, it's huge. Also Seaport Village is a great place to go to shop and walk around, it's downtown off the 5 freeway.

Hope this helps a little.

#7 ·
Although it is close to the water, alot of transient folks live there and apparently most of your seedy scary trashy folks. Don't get me wrong there are some nice areas in Ocenaside but not enough to make you wanna actually get a hotel there. Let's put it this way it's kinda ok when there's sunlight outside.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.