Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

How to pass a drug test.

984 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  clearwaterms 
#1 · (Edited)
From another topic, folks get a lot of false ideas on how to pass tests. While I don't push for anyone to do drugs and then try to pass a test, what I try to inform people of is bad info on what they think will indeed help them pass a test. Believe it or not, back in my nutritionist days there was absolutely no shortage of people coming to me asking what to take to pass a drug test (and here as well because I've answered this question probably a dozen times for folks here privately :) ). Usually people would try to conceal that they do drugs by asking what they figure is a clever question like "I want to do a detox, but I'm looking for something that will really really clean me out because I jog in the city after work and the air is dirty so I want to get that out of me." And I enjoyed playing dumb with them as well leading them from product to product until they finally fessed up. One guys story began as he was looking for a tea for his grandmother that she asked to pick up to him finally telling me that he maybe (yes he actually said 'maybe') smoked 1/8th at a concert...now that's honesty which is second only to the guy who walked in one day and yelled nice and loud "OK, SOMEONE POINT ME TO THE POT PISS TEST TEA!!!" Everyone seems to think that they are the first person in history asking someone else how to pass a test when it's really a question on a surprising number of peoples minds.

When we talk about drug tests. 95% of the time it's referring to marijuana via urine test. The big kicker on that one is it does indeed stay in your system if you're a daily smoker. I used to know more on the topic since the demand was there for me to answer peoples questions but I believe the time frame is usually 3-6 days in your system for occasional smoker, and then up from there up to a month or month and a half for the daily smoker. To find out how long it stays in your system, the best thing to do is to try it. Stop smoking, get a few home tests, wait 3 days and test yourself, if positive, then wait another couple days and test again. This way you will know exactly how your body responds and cleanses itself.

Are home tests accurate? Surprisingly they should be pretty close to what the test is that you get at the lab. From my understanding, the labs will usually run a pallet of tests on the urine in a similar manner to the home tests (cheaper for them). If the tests are positive or inconclusive, then they go into a more detailed and accurate test. I know a few labs that do it this way...this isn't to say that others don't do a more accurate test right away.

What about taking supplement X to help cleanse me? Taking goldenseal, niacin, white willow bark, baking soda, pickles, ammonia, vinegar, bleach, detox shampoos (for hair tests), and working out won't help. Today's tests are not stupid, they know all the tricks and look for them...the ones that work at least. Other than time and water, I don't know of any supplement to help you clean your system out faster. In fact, if you take something like Niacin (because it has cleansing properties), then I might even guess that you are more likely to test positive on your test. If you have something that will magically suck the THC out of your fat faster and in greater amounts, then that means that it's also coming out with the urine in greater quantities. So my personal guess is that if a cleansing product like Niacin was to truly work, you need to do it long before the test...not during the testing phase. The same thing goes for working out. If you're burning off fat more on a heavy workout then you're also excreting the byproducts faster. Now I say that in a general way...I have no data on the excretion rates of THC being faster due to that, but that's one thing to keep in mind and research.

So what will work? Water. If you feel better by drinking it in the form of Naturally Klean tea (which will act as a mild diuretic so might be a little bit more effective than water), the so be it. But the 2 main components are time and water for THC. This isn't to say that other masking agents might not exist, but none that I know of proven or clinically tested. And some dude on some forum telling me he smoked every day and then passed a test with an hour of notice by using some supplement ain't gonna convince me either, nor should you put your job on the line for info like that.

Tell me there's something else I can do!!! Well, it starts with home testing yourself and finding out in 15 minutes initially and that's a good general indicator. But here's another thing. There are a LOT of drugs in our society and marijuana is often the least concern to some employers. "Drug Test" does not mean that every single drug is tested for. Each company when hiring a medical lab will tell them to test for certain drugs, and yes some will say to test for all illegal substances. But the biggest financial impact to a company isn't the guy or gal who smoke weed, but the guy who has a heroine or crack addiction. The guy who's likely to steal some cash to fund his habit. Tests are not cheap for companies...the more they test for the more expensive it is. I would guess that companies look for THC probably a little less often than we think if that's any peace of mind.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great post. Few minor additions. Marijuana breaks down (metabolizes) to one byproduct that they test for - THCA metabolite. It takes time for the body to process the cannabis. What does it mean? Well for one thing, if you smoke one and take a test right away, chances are that it won't be detected. It also means that time is needed to break it all down and flush it out of the system. Different people with different body weight and different metabolism rates will need different amounts of time to process everything.

Now, for the tests they use some kind of a simple screen (cheap, quick and imprecise) and then very accurate GC/MS test. The simple screen (similar to the home tests) might be fooled with drinking lots and lots of water an hour or two before the test - basically your body will have to get rid of the water faster than it processes marijuana, so the urine will be diluted and have lower concentration of THCA. Note that I said might. The problem is that a good drug lab will also check the specific gravity of the urine - basically its concentration - and if it's too low it will raise a red flag and they will run a GC/MS test which isn't fooled by this. This also prevents you from adding water to the sample trying to dilute a urine.

Basically, they run a simple screen and if it's inconclusive or positive or SG is too low, they will run a GC/MS test. The other problem is that nowadays they might run both tests or just the GC/MS.

So... How to pass the test? Don't smoke at least for a few days. Find an excuse not to take the test if it came up unexpectedly, but better have a good story at hand.

BTW, the second-hand smoke will NOT produce a positive GC/MS result, so please, don't try to play this card - it is fucking stupid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.