Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

RA RA World Tour in Full Swing

1K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  ronhix 
#1 ·
Well folks, another Memorial Day weekend, and another RA RA World Tour is under way.

Ron, Brent and myself are the repeat riders from last year, and we have three new folks on the trip with us. Dan Gizynski and Brian & Stacey Flannery are making the trek with us. Brian & Dan hit Road Atlanta earlier this year, so they have already gotten to sample the new pavement.

Ron, Brent and I are looking forward to the long weekend. Two days of Road Atlanta, followed immediately the next morning by two days at Road America. Two of the fastest tracks in the country back to back. Nothing like four straight days of AMA tracks.

Then we head home for Wed and Thursday only to leave for Blackhawk on Friday. SO... I LOVE this time of year!!

Anyhow, we are on I-65, north of Indy at the moment. This is my favorite annual trip, with the trip to Miller being almost as good.

Pass me another Corona...

#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! So far so good. South of Louisville now, headed toward Nashville. Wink at the helm, the rest of us praying and hanging on.

We slept in the the Flying J parking lot last night, slept like a baby. Should be at Road Atlanta late afternoon but...trying to decide if we want to tour the Jack Daniels factory on the way down.

Decisions, Decisions.

#10 ·
trying to decide if we want to tour the Jack Daniels factory on the way down.

Decisions, Decisions.
I heard it's in a dry county. You can tour, but you can't taste.....

#12 ·
Just hitting Hotlanta now. Brent at the helm, Hix destroying Coronas....

watching Tombstone, GREAT flick!

#15 ·
You guys have a great time...wish i could be there with all of you. I may meet you guys up at Road America..just to spectate!

ENJOY!!

#16 ·
See ya at Road America, Dave! Wish you were coming with us, this is your anniversary of your bump to "A"!

#22 ·
See you on Tueday honey. Don't forget to bring us some Chinese Firewater! LOL!

#20 ·
I have the chatterboxes with me I think. I haven't ever gotten around to hooking them up, but I think that they are in the trailer.

#23 ·
Well, we are on the road again, BFLY driving, Brent is ordering pizzas at the moment, and Ron is sacked out.

Stacey has become an excellent pit crew this weekend, and is really having fun learning all about the stuff we deal with all weekend. And Dan is listening to the Dave Moss DVD, Moss is a suspension genius.

Anyhow we should hit Road America around 7 am, hoping there will be a place for us to park.

Tons of fun, no off road excurions at Road Atlanta for any of us, and Ron and I both got to personal bests here this weekend.

Looking forward to Road America and seeing all the familiar faces in the morning.

#25 ·
If oyu are there both days Steve, we can set them up and try them out Monday night. Gonna be a little rushed in the morning to deal with it.

See ya there!

#27 ·
I thought you were over that toe fetish. But if your not, your in foot heaven!

#28 ·
Gas is quite a bit cheaper in Southern IN then in IL.

As of now..

Hix - currently attending classroom sessions and taking notes.

Wink - sleeping

Brent - sleeping

Flannery - Driving with the RV's MPH gauge pinned with the CB on hoping he will hear the truckers talking about him this time.

Me - Sitting here starting at the road...or the computer...or the track map...waiting to sleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.