Group Buy: USB Personal Medical Record Card - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2003 Honda CBR F4i
Years Riding: 1.5 yrs
How you found us: Member

Group Buy: USB Personal Medical Record Card

Hello All,

My name is Kevin DiVito and I am involved with a company that sells a USB portable electronic medical record card. Let me start with saying that I have discussed the product and this post with Ken Odysseys and he was very excited about it, and suggested I post this here for the benefit of all. The card is a bit thicker that a credit card and easily fits in your wallet. The product and all of its features and benefits can be seen at the link below.

www.911allusa.com

I have been marketing these to many different groups and the response has been tremendous, but I was riding earlier this week with the beautiful and realized what better group that could benefit than us.

I am offering a group buy to the forum at a discounted price that will depend on volume. They retail for $40, but I can imagine the group buy price landing in the $30 range.

Another thing that I would like to do with this is offer a $3 donation to a riding charity fund. I have a few in mind but suggestions are welcome and I will settle on one when the group buy is completed.

We are prepared to ship these via USPS and I will collect shipping and billing information as soon as the group buy list is confirmed.

I feel this is a very valuable item for all of us to have in our wallet, and could save a life. Anything that can make such a dangerous hobby safer is important, and this is something cheaper than a new jacket or helmet that could have a profound impact in the (god forbid) event of an accident.

Feel free to ask any questions that are not answered on the website, and I will answer them as quickly as possible.

If you are interested I would like to keep a running list of the members who are. Please follow the format I have left below as an example.

1. John Doe
2. Jane Doe
3. Ect
4. Ect

Thank you for your time and the space and I appreciate any interest, comments, or suggestions.

Don't forget to recommend riding charities for the donations, because I would really like to give back to the community with this as well.

Kevin DiVito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

For sure I totally dig these and they CAN save someones life with having that info at hand

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

I think it is a great idea. Simple question, Maybe Jeff can chime in. Would this info be used with an EMT and hospital? Are most EMT and hospitals equipped for this? I skimmed the Q&A section on the site listed and did not see this listed.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

So far virtually all of the EMT's I have talked to use them and have at least heard of them or a like product. They come with a sticker to put on the inside of your wallet to make it easier to find. Hospitals are hit or miss, because a lot of them have their USB ports disabled due to the risk of medical information being taken. We are currently working with local area hospitals on that issue.

Kevin
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Zydrate addict

Sportbike: no more riding for me :(
Years Riding: ridin what?
How you found us: I lost a bet, this was my punishment

Send a message via AIM to Piercedqt78
There are also bracelets available. I checked them out on ebay. They run about $25 shipped. They are 1gig, but that should be plenty of space. When our daughter was diagnosed with a bleeding disorder this was one of the first things I thought about. I'm still looking at the different options for her.

I don't ride, I cook!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:11 PM
tequila hangover

Sportbike: 02 Yamaha R6
Years Riding: '09
How you found us: it came to me in a dream

Send a message via AIM to billytuffnuts
whats the difference between this and having a regular portable usb with my medical information?
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
The Halo hides my Horns

Sportbike: SV650
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytuffnuts View Post
whats the difference between this and having a regular portable usb with my medical information?
If you lose that, you just lost all your personal information and anyone can get at it. The medical ones are typically encrypted somehow.

aut cum scuto aut in scuto

http://www.firespeedtactical.com

My ZenFolio Gallery: www.LonelyRaven.ZenFolio.com
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Zydrate addict

Quote:
the ones I looked at had a medical emblem on them and also they came with a cd of a medical form that you filled out on your computer and then added to the usb drive. It was a very well organized, universal form.

I don't ride, I cook!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Yes there are many products available that do similar things. I invested in this after doing extensive research in what is available in the market today. Hardware alone this is the best card on the market at this time and is very strong and durable. I keep one in my wallet and have for some time. I go through broken/cracked credit cards all the time and this card looks good as new.

The software is very good and the best that I have dealt with.

I believe that any portable form of electronic medical record is better than none, but I also believe that this is the best on the market and has the best future for the evolving industry.

Kevin DiVito
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Zydrate addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by damax03 View Post
Yes there are many products available that do similar things. I invested in this after doing extensive research in what is available in the market today. Hardware alone this is the best card on the market at this time and is very strong and durable. I keep one in my wallet and have for some time. I go through broken/cracked credit cards all the time and this card looks good as new.

The software is very good and the best that I have dealt with.

I believe that any portable form of electronic medical record is better than none, but I also believe that this is the best on the market and has the best future for the evolving industry.

Kevin DiVito
It's not really kid friendly. My almost 9 year old doesn't carry a wallet. Do you offer anything that would work for her as well? I'm not trying to give you a hard time at all, just asking questions. I like to make sure I'm getting the best option available.

I don't ride, I cook!
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

I would look at the medallion, it is geared for senior citizens. The idea being they can put it on a necklace and around their neck. It is very light and also very durable. That would be the best option, it is about the size of a silver dollar.

Kevin DiVito
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Sportbike: 955i Speed Triple, 100AE Road King, AP1 Honda S2000
Years Riding: 1/3rd of my life.
How you found us: Cave Johnson

Don't really see the point of these, someone explain the benefits to someone who is healthy. I'd somewhat understand if I were on dialysis or something but can't see why I'd drop $30 on this.

What does this do that dog tags or a blood type card in their wallet do not? If one had an outstanding medical condition, wouldn't they be wearing a medical alert bracelet? If it were a more serious condition would they be riding anyway?

Brian
NESBA #22
الكافرة مع بندقية سوداء
Si vis pacem parabellum

Quote:
Yeah, I quit doing blow, not being rad!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Zydrate addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartDrug View Post
Don't really see the point of these, someone explain the benefits to someone who is healthy. I'd somewhat understand if I were on dialysis or something but can't see why I'd drop $30 on this.

What does this do that dog tags or a blood type card in their wallet do not? If one had an outstanding medical condition, wouldn't they be wearing a medical alert bracelet? If it were a more serious condition would they be riding anyway?
Brian, our daughter has a bleeding disorder. She will be able to ride if she wants when she is old enough. But if she were in an accident and they didn't get her the proper coagulant protein she could bleed for an extended amount of time. A simple nasal spray or injection would make a world of difference in her care. It's not a condition that would change her ability to do normal activities, but would change the type of care she would need. If she were to be unconciuos and bleeding this type of information could really benefit her. Some conditions are too complicated to put on a card or dogtag. I believe we have a member here that has their organs on the wrong side or both kidneys on one side. That would also be very very important for ER docs to know. Someone in shock might not be able to give complete medical information, so that's another option. I believe if you are being transferred from one hospital to another they can add xrays, ctscans and MRI images as well.

My concern is that not all hospitals are able to read these cards, and if the information is encripted, do you need a password? If you are not able to give medical info, how can you give a password?

I don't ride, I cook!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

There are more things than blood type and specific medical conditions that can have a huge impact to how you are treated. Even Advil, being that it is a blood thinner can have an adverse affect when combined with other drugs. Even vitamins and vaccines need to be known to a doctor for them to make an informed and accurate decision on how to treat a patient. The program in this product has a specific place for all of this information to be entered in an organized way.

Kevin DiVito
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:34 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Mandy...

His point was for a healthy person. I can completely see the need in something like this for anyone with a specific condition.. but every time I have been rushed into an ER (which we all know has been too many times) I have said "No" to all of the questions

Are you allergic to anything
Bleeding or clotting disorders

Man I can't remember all of the questions.. but I know I have never said anything that changed their course of treatment.. as I imagine 90% of us out there haven't.

For those of us, having to read in that card would or could add in extra time.

I suppose the card could say "right leg made of titanium" or something cool like that.. but really I'd probably only be able to use that to impress the girlies or dirt bike guys

I am not saying it's a bad idea.. Just that I get Brians point... I was going to ask the same question.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 05:56 PM
YO MAMA

i got one of these for myself and for tony in today.

ill give a write up review when i have time in the next few days.

for what its worth, its worth having if i am knocked the fuck out more then likely from a motorcycle injury. not that i even hope it happens but the chances are it could..so i plan to carry this card.

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Is A Silly Goose....

Sportbike: 07 Gsx-r 750
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: A Friend

Send a message via AIM to polishstud
Quick question... Can these be used to access the records by Non-Medical personnel?

Where I am going with that is, hypothetically, lets say you meet a girl at a bar, you feel lucky, and are going to sleep with her. Can you use her card to see if she is healthy (or vise versa for the ladies) and have a peace of mind that STD's or something more serious are not within risk factors. Pending on how current the updated medical record is?

In Poland, people have a medical book on them every time they visit the doctor, it comes in handy for the above situations or for its actual cause(the same as this product) when they time comes.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Yes anyone that has a computer can plug this in and read the information. If you were knocked out and needed a password for emergency personnel to read it, that would defeat the purpose of carrying the card.

Kevin DiVito
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

Re: Group Buy: USB Personal Medical Record Card

Are people actually buying this thing?
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 07:42 PM
YO MAMA

well i got my card loaded with all my medical and personal info enough to for any EMT or Doctor to fully understand my history in case i am unable to do so for myself.

really easy to use, straight forward a monkey can do it.

if i loose my wallet this is the last item i am worried about a thief getting a hold of btw.

great product could be a live saver, hope i never have to use to..but just in case?.... its there.

post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
Are people actually buying this thing?
On this forum? No. But elsewhere yes, actually have a few doctors offices that have purchased them for their entire patient list to speed up check in and increase the likelyhood of the patient returning to their office.

Kevin DiVito
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
TMC

Sportbike: Yamaha R6, YZ250f
Years Riding: 10+
How you found us: local riders

OK, a bit of a gimmic since it's just a USB drive but...the clear statement that it contains emergency medical info right on it is very nice and a nice legible form for emergency workers to read would be nice.

I'm personally pretty healthy, no problems to report. My wife however, has some weird allergies to medications and is at the tail end of recovering from pulmonary embolisms that were caused partly by the combination of bed rest, pregnancy and surgery as well as possible genetic reasons. So, she now wears a medical alert bracelet but this may be a great addition to what she carries as a precaution.

Troy Carter
2006 R6
2006 YZ250f
I take pictures of people.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM

How are the medics supposed to know to go through your wallet though?

How is it better/worse than carrying a normal jump drive with the same info on it? Keys would seem more obvious/accessible. Right?
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 PM

Btw I am not trying to bash your product here. I would imagine these are legit questions you get every day. Right?
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Any EMT is trained to look for identification when treating anyone especially people that are unconscious. Most EMT's also have heard of this product at this point and the ones that haven't will. There is a sticker that is placed on the inside of the fold of the wallet that says "Electronic Medical Record Inside".

As far as a jump drive, yes that is better than nothing. There is no way that a normal USB drive will be as organized as this program is. Secondly, you would be surprised how many computers out there do not have the common office programs on their computer. Making Excel and Word useless as a program to write this in.

Lastly, there are many electronic medical record programs that doctors offices use in house. We are working with many of them to have this care auto populate the fields in their system to make check-in and paperwork that much faster and easier.

Kevin DiVito
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered lunatic

Sportbike: 1984 FXE, 1966 Triumph, 2000 FLHTC
Years Riding: Bought new 1984, Riding 44yrs
How you found us: ABATE of Illinois, Chicago

The 32 gb I carry is password protected, I want one of these.

Quote:
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Heck, you should market this to BCBS and other providers as a member service benefit. Replace the traditional insurance card with one of these.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
King Nothing

Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me

EMT's dont have the ability to read these, maybe of value at the hospital, but by then it may be too late.................my .02

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:12 PM
TERRAdactyl

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
Can it give my phone number to the EMT guy with a note saying: "allow me to repay my thanks for saving my life"

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode