An American flag a racist symbol?? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

Sportbike: 1200cc of screaming “Bitch!”
Years Riding: On and off for years.
How you found us: Internet, Yahoo

Send a message via AIM to Naked Bandit Send a message via Yahoo to Naked Bandit
An American flag a racist symbol??

The Confederate flag is considered a racist symbol to many African Americans, Is an American Flag a racist symbol to Hispanics?

I have Hispanic neighbors, and I sometimes hear people suggest that I’m a racist because i'm flying the flag and disrespecting them…

-_0
_ `\<,_
(+)/ (+) ............................................

Facebook Motobecane USA CAMBr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Bek
Your Cigar Aficionado

Sportbike: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 & 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic
Years Riding: Long enough to know not long enough...
How you found us: Google-fu

Send a message via Yahoo to Bek
Are you... fucking... kidding... me?!?!?!
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Fly this flag and see what they say.

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Greg

Sportbike: 2008 HD VRSCAW, 1985 Honda XR350R (Sold), 2001 SV650s (Sold), 2002 Sea-Doo GTX Di
Years Riding: I thought I was getting the hang of it...back to the basics.
How you found us: mentioned on svrider.com

Send a message via Yahoo to gsd656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Bandit View Post
I have Hispanic neighbors, and I sometimes hear people suggest that I’m a racist because i'm flying the flag and disrespecting them…
That is just insane. Can you let us know more, is it these neighbors telling you this or ???

Greg

post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:49 AM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

I think flying the flags of other nations is disrespectful. Way too many people have she their blood for our nation and our flag. If they don't like it, PLEASE TELL THEM TO LICK THE BACK OF MY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Guns prevent pollution

Sportbike: 1996 YZF-600, 2006 Huffy
Years Riding: May '08 - Oct '12
How you found us: smartrider

- Will

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Our life is a non-stop ride to our death.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

If I tell you everything that has happen too myself living here in Minooka and the problems I have had with my neighbors... You guys would be in total disbelieve.

-_0
_ `\<,_

post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Resident Slow Guy

Sportbike: Ain't got none!
Years Riding: Since May 21, 2011
How you found us: The intarwebz

Send a message via Yahoo to ENutz
Gayest shit I've ever heard. You should tell them that displaying the Mexican flag on the hood of their cars is anti-American.

I remember a few years back on the strip in Vegas on New Years eve and there were a group of Mexicans waving the Mexican flag screaming Viva la Mexico and shit and all I kept thinking to myself was if they love Mexico so much they should move back. What's ironic was that my buddy who was with me is a Mexican from Cicero and he was saying the same thing. That being said, I don't think that the American flag being a racist symbol to Mexicans is shared sentiment amongst all Mexicans but only to a few.

<- Erwin

CCS AM #611

"Nigga if you ride, nigga you gon fall!" - Katt Williams

Ashwin Gopal, David Ryan, Baby Ronin Tyler, John George, Chris Kotacka aka 'Arch', Eva Grzegorczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob, Esq. View Post
image v. substance. Some people want to be motorcyclists, others just want to be seen as motorcyclists.
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Fat guy on a sport bike

Sportbike: Schwinn
Years Riding: 7 minutes and 52 seconds
How you found us: ask.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENutz View Post
I don't think that the American flag being a racist symbol to Mexicans is shared sentiment amongst all Mexicans but only to a few.
Exactly. It is completely ignorant for your neighbors to say those things and that is why I made an ignorant statement saying to display an Arizona flag as a symbol of racism (which I don't think is racist).
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The Benchwarmer

Sportbike: Ninja
Years Riding: Long
How you found us: Dong

thats like saying theres something wrong with the southpark flag, all i see is 4 people hanging someone.

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest - Denis Diderot
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

It's probably a misunderstanding. They are afraid of your gringo motorcycle riding gun toting arse.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

FUCK THEM ! The American flag flys at the top . I hate these assholes who come here and shit on this country , if its so bad , go back to your super shit hole country and live there . My parents dragged us through two countries to get here so that the quality of our life could improve above and beyond , it was all worth it .

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:28 AM

Sportbike: Working on it...
Years Riding: Hmm... let me see....
How you found us: Google

Quote:
The Confederate flag is considered a racist symbol to many African Americans, Is an American Flag a racist symbol to Hispanics?

Just so that we're all clear... are your neighbors the ones that suggest it or other people?

Either way, this is America, the American flag flies proudly. That is all.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

R.I.P. Ashwin
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
There is precedence here...there were people demanding that the US flag be removed from police cars for a similar reason a few years back.

People are idiots in general, always have been....what's changed is the outlets for their voices to be heard!

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

It all started 5 years ago… I just moved into my home with my GF and her daughter. I only been here a week. I seen some neighborhood kids throwing the large stones from our retention pond. I walked out and I asked them nicely if they would stop. I said, I don’t care what you guys do but, could you just leave the big stones alone because they are apart of the shoreline.

Next thing… The parents are out with their kids. The kids are back throwing stones but this time the parents are yelling back to the kids. Just throw the small ones… the next day later, now I have the kids walking their dog and shiting on my property line. Some of the parents doing the same thing. This was the start!

One night I came home from work and was getting my mail from my box as I was walking too my driveway. One of those neighbors swerved at me while driving his car. That was the start of the BIG problems. They tried to turn the neighborhood against me. Telling everyone I was a racist. After that, no one wanted to talk to me… Crazy thing, I’m part Hispanic, just don’t look it and my GF at the time was an Illegal, and her daughter was obviously Latino. I guess people see what they want too…

After some time they weren’t able too get to me, So they tried to befriend my daughter behind my back and turn her against me. They would have her over in their home and from what I learned. Try to get her to divulge information about me. I learned about this the hard way… because one day the neighbors and I almost went at it. It turned out the leader of the problems was a pastor at some local church, I remember him yelling at me “ Even your daughter doesn’t like you” This is when I realized what was going on.

Oh there is so much more. So much more…

-_0
_ `\<,_

Last edited by Naked Bandit; 05-06-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: My Bad!
post #16 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:40 AM

I remember seeing a video of high school students removing the American flag and replacing it with the mexican flag. I think this happened in Calif. I also remember a video of some Harley looking guy removing a mexican flag that was flying out in front of some mexican business.
post #17 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
The race card is getting SOOOO played. What's ironic, is that often times (IMO) it's made an issue by the very people trying to say it shouldn't be.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #18 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

I have an American flag hanging on my balcony in Germany, when I'm there...

and I have a German flag hanging somewhere in my house here...

post #19 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
It all started 5 years ago… I just moved into my home with my GF and her daughter. I only been here a week. I seen some neighborhood kids throwing the large stones from our retention pond. I walked out and I asked them nicely if they would stop. I said, I don’t care what you guys do but, could you just leave the big stones alone because they are apart of the shoreline.

Next thing… The parents are out with their kids. The kids are back throwing stones but this time the parents are yelling back to the kids. Just throw the small ones… the next day later, now I have the kids walking their dog and shiting on my property line. Some of the parents doing the same thing. This was the start!

One night I came home from work and was getting my mail from my box as I was walking too my driveway. One of those neighbors swerved at me while driving his car. That was the start of the BIG problems. They tried to turn the neighborhood against me. Telling everyone I was a racist. After that, no one wanted to talk to me… Crazy thing, I’m part Hispanic, just don’t look it and my GF at the time was an Illegal, and her daughter was obviously Latino. I guess people see what that want too…

After some time they weren’t able too get to me, So they tried to befriend my daughter behind my back and turn her against me. They would have her over in their home and from what I learned. Try to get her to divulge information about me. I learned about this the hard way… because one day the neighbors and I almost went at it. It turned out the leader of the problems was a pastor at some local church, I remember him yelling at me “ Even your daughter doesn’t like you” This is when I realized what was going on.

Just tell the pastor to go back to his 12 yr. old boy friend and STFU
post #20 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm a non-achiever.

Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops

Quote:

One night I came home from work and was getting my mail from my box as I was walking too my driveway. One of those neighbors swerved at me while driving his car. That was the start of the BIG problems. They tried to turn the neighborhood against me. Telling everyone I was a racist. After that, no one wanted to talk to me… Crazy thing, I’m part Hispanic, just don’t look it and my GF at the time was an Illegal, and her daughter was obviously Latino. I guess people see what that want too…

I not that I don't believe you, I just can't believe some people act like this. You are a good guy, because I wouldn't have been able to take that. I guess moving isn't an option?

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
post #21 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Quote:

Host a few bike nights at your place on your front lawn. Nothing says fuck off like a block full of crotch rockets.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #22 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 AM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
I'm right down the street in Channahon. Can't say I've experienced much. Though I'm a whitey. Our subdivision is brand new and really seems to just be comprised of people relocated from other suburbs who came down here to save money on new construction like we did.

I'd say the trashiest neighbors we have are the middle easterners a few houses down. Parking their car on the grass and flying down the street at all hours. The usual parents not watching children running in the streets you find in every neighborhood, etc. I haven't really spoken to a single neighbor in the 5 years I've lived here. I just don't socialize though. Wonder if they think I'm racist?

To what church does that guy belong? Our pastor lives right across the street from us. Village Christian Church- we meet at the school by Ridge next to the train tracks.

Another observation of the area is there's really just an overwhelming amount of mouth-breathers if you go west or south. Morris is... interesting.
post #23 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Slower Traffic Keep Right

Sportbike: '06 Suzuki GSXR-750 (Track); '11 HD Electra Glide (Road Sofa)
Years Riding: 30+ yrs total
How you found us: A friend at NESBA

I like it when they hang their flag from their rear view mirror. It makes it easier for profiling.

Good link to leave under their wiper: http://www.usflag.org/

Midwest Track Day CR #130
NESBA 130-Control Rider (Former Midwest Region)
STT "A" 130
Track: 2006 GSXR-750
Street: 2011 H-D Ultra Limited (Road Sofa)

www.MidwestTrackDay.com / www.MidwestTrackDay.motorsportreg.com / www.facebook.com/midwesttrackday

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member6419.png
post #24 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM

post #25 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I'm right down the street in Channahon. Can't say I've experienced much. Though I'm a whitey. Our subdivision is brand new and really seems to just be comprised of people relocated from other suburbs who came down here to save money on new construction like we did.

I'd say the trashiest neighbors we have are the middle easterners a few houses down. Parking their car on the grass and flying down the street at all hours. The usual parents not watching children running in the streets you find in every neighborhood, etc. I haven't really spoken to a single neighbor in the 5 years I've lived here. I just don't socialize though. Wonder if they think I'm racist?

To what church does that guy belong? Our pastor lives right across the street from us. Village Christian Church- we meet at the school by Ridge next to the train tracks.

Another observation of the area is there's really just an overwhelming amount of mouth-breathers if you go west or south. Morris is... interesting.

I've been too that... 9:00 and 10:30am

-_0
_ `\<,_

post #26 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
a hollow voice says plugh

Sportbike: sold
Years Riding: legally- 7
How you found us: don't remember

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Zero
Quote:
I've been too that... 9:00 and 10:30am
My wife is singing this weekend. Actually 3 weekends this month.

Nate lives right across from us.

I was assuming the pastor you mentioned wasn't him.
post #27 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Sportbike: 2006 FZ1
Years Riding: I only take walks
How you found us: Friend

Send a message via Yahoo to Cougar8000
Tell them to go FUCK then self and move to FUCK OUT OF THE COUNTRY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Just tell the pastor to go back to his 12 yr. old boy friend and STFU
This shit is funny

Alex - Certifiable MSF Instructor
2006 Yamaca FZ1
The truly happy person enjoys the scenery on a detour

A man should choose a friend who is better than himself. There are plenty of acquaintances in the world; but very few real friends.

RIDE for Kids Donations

https://www.mishacycles.com
MishaCycles on facebook
Misha Tactical Arms, Inc
post #28 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
Kalifornia. Go figure.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #29 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
My wife is singing this weekend. Actually 3 weekends this month.

Nate lives right across from us.

I was assuming the pastor you mentioned wasn't him.
No, not him... This guy lives right across from me. I'm at the end in Misty Creek

-_0
_ `\<,_

Last edited by Naked Bandit; 05-06-2010 at 12:20 PM.
post #30 of 71 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Fast enough!!

After awhile my relationship with my GF went south. After all the years of helping her with papers, teaching her how too drive, Buying her a car. It was time too move on with my life… But I was unable, She didn’t want too leave and the information she received from my neighbors left myself powerless. I had to get a lawyer so I could get her evicted. I offered too find her a place, pay the deposit and first months rent and pay off her car. Still not good enough, She was able to get an order of protection against me… I believe the idea was to keep myself from my home. It worked for three months until the eviction went through.

The day I was finally able too enter my home. I found it totally empty. Nothing left but trash and everything I worked for gone. Thanks Pastor!

But there is more. So much more!

-_0
_ `\<,_

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode