lesson learned, hopefully - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
TOOS Racing

Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"

lesson learned, hopefully

so after making a couple of "operating the machine" mistakes one small error in judgment and one huge error in judgment luckily i took some good advice and called it a night early tonight.

not to make excuses, but i have been working a lot lately and not getting much sleep. but that only accounts for sloppy riding. its the bad decisions that really make me evaluate what i am doing. i am basically riding way too aggressive to ensure i have my fun. i don't want to get into here, but if you see me in person i will tell you. but trust me, its pretty stupid. i got away with something my bike and i should not have with no damage to either. unfortunately gray hair does not equal wisdom.

anyway, ride safe everyone.

and thanks germany, you are a good friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 10:37 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Glad you are okay amigo

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Lack of sleep also affects judgement. At least you had the sense to take your friend's advice and call it a night!

Ride on and ride safe!!

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 10:46 PM
TERRAdactyl

Sportbike: 07 600RR
Years Riding: on the street since 01
How you found us: accidentally stepped in it

Send a message via Yahoo to catwlights
These machines are so powerful.... we dreamed of having special power like these provide when we were kids.

Gotta make sure it doesn't fall in the hands of skelator tho.

Terra
STT Staff
Midwest Instructor
www.sportbiketracktime.com

Pushing the Limits of Life's Opportunities
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Pathological Thrill Seekr

Sportbike: Trek Marlin
Years Riding: Noob
How you found us: Followed the fast guys

Send a message via AIM to Deuces
Quote:
Originally Posted by catwlights View Post
These machines are so powerful.... we dreamed of having special power like these provide when we were kids.

Gotta make sure it doesn't fall in the hands of skelator tho.
We will..... "By the POWER of GreySkull!!"

Ride smart... stupid hurts.

Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't...

Godspeed 788!!! We miss you!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

glad u okay homie, yeah I was doin sum stupid shit lately while tired. I got pulled over going 65 in a 25 (non-residential area), and the cop didn't notice me running the stop-sign to try and get away ... I didn't even think about it I just went on the gas down the hill to get away, at the top of the next hill I realized what I was doing and pulled over ... I felt like a retard. He pulled his gun on me and everything, wtf Iowa ... wtf? Trackdays ... here I come!

Last edited by JRobbins; 05-30-2010 at 01:04 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Captain Dryspell

Sportbike: 2K4 Busa / 2K9 R1
Years Riding: About that long
How you found us: What

With great power comes great responsibility......blah blah blah

<<< Keith

NESBA #127
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:33 AM

Sportbike: 2007 GSX-R 600 ('93 Honda VFR750--GONE)
Years Riding: 7 years now
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to littleq2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwags View Post
so after making a couple of "operating the machine" mistakes one small error in judgment and one huge error in judgment luckily i took some good advice and called it a night early tonight.

not to make excuses, but i have been working a lot lately and not getting much sleep. but that only accounts for sloppy riding. its the bad decisions that really make me evaluate what i am doing. i am basically riding way too aggressive to ensure i have my fun. i don't want to get into here, but if you see me in person i will tell you. but trust me, its pretty stupid. i got away with something my bike and i should not have with no damage to either. unfortunately gray hair does not equal wisdom.

Glad your okay man, One bad judgement, one day can change the rest of your life. You made a VERY smart choice by putting the bike away. There are some days when I get on my bike..and think "what am I doing on here today". Those are the days, I turn around put the bike in the garage, and go into work late. Who knows if it saves my life or not.. but it's worth only being yelled at by the boss.

olivet.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1430400118
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:07 AM
^^^Bad for your hearing

Sportbike: 2007 gsxr 600
Years Riding: Long enough to know theres alot more i have to learn in this sport
How you found us: heard from a member

Send a message via AIM to streetracin1820
Glad your okay dude, not sure what happend but good to see the end result was good.

Thanks for posting this it kinda speaks to me a little, doing stupid things now and then is one thing if your smart about the time and place, doing it all the time can lead to bad things. and now as i should practice what i preach.

Have fun, ride safe got alot off days ahead of us this season, lets keep everyone in one piece this year please.

Everyone needs a healthy way to relax, mine Church, and two wheels, a stretch of winding road, and a pipe loud enough to give me headaches and make squirrels explode. (Fixed curtousey of PWRMAD)

Nothing is impossible the second we say ill try your already admiting you can be defeated, and the second you say i cant or its to hard youve already failed.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know...

Sportbike: more than one... one less now...
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Some girl was talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwags View Post

Dude, something was not right for you last night, as I told you I kinda had a feeling that something was gonna happen... Well anyway good you went home, better the cop didn't follow us when we cam up the ramp. I showed 135 when I saw him... You missed not too much, a lovely ride downtown and back at afun pace, some wheelies, me fucking with a cop, me fucking with a vet, me talking shit at strats. ... just a normal day.

Dennis you are a good friend!... whenever you are on time, or answer your phone, not so much when you don't...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode