health care "crisis" rant borrowed from superspud - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Sportbike: 05 ninja scooter, 07 baby gixxer yes a blue and white one
Years Riding: i like turtles so i cant drink orange juice anymore
How you found us: google

health care "crisis" rant borrowed from superspud

posted on superspud's fb page today. could not agree more

Dear Mr. President:
During my shift in the Emergency Room last night, I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one pack of cigarettes every day, eats only at fast-food take-outs, and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer. And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care? I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of a "crisis of culture" a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance. It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me". Once you fix this "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

Respectfully,
ROGER STARNER JONES, MD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 AM

Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search

Yep, pretty sad. Some people priorities are messed up. And it is not only low income urban areas but rural areas too. I have seen rows of run down trailers with a 20K bass boat and $25 HD criuser parked outside of them.
As for the medical insurance issue; how do you avoid people from leeching off the system who can afford it? Single payer. About the only solution I can think of where everyone is on the same level. I am not for people "working" the system but by the same token you cannot let someone die or deny them service because they they won't pay. Tough issue, guess that is why everything is so messed up.

Under200
post #3 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by under200 View Post
Yep, pretty sad. Some people priorities are messed up. And it is not only low income urban areas but rural areas too. I have seen rows of run down trailers with a 20K bass boat and $25 HD criuser parked outside of them.
As for the medical insurance issue; how do you avoid people from leeching off the system who can afford it? Single payer. About the only solution I can think of where everyone is on the same level. I am not for people "working" the system but by the same token you cannot let someone die or deny them service because they they won't pay. Tough issue, guess that is why everything is so messed up.
admittedly this is a complex problem but i am so tired of people not taking personal responsibility for themselves....apparently this is no longer required for anything or anybody and the sense of entitlement that people can have is sickening.
post #4 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 AM
TheRexMachine

Sportbike: '04 Yamaha R6
Years Riding: 6 seeezons and rising
How you found us: A member named Will

sounds similar to my patients. I work in a psych unit and its sad that it becomes a second home for druggies and homeless people. All they need to say is theyre depressed, suicidal or hearing voices and theyve got a free 5-7 day ride with "room and board" in our unit as long as they've got medicaid. 50% of our patients are fakers but most of them are pretty messed up. You could tell when someones faking it, like the drug seekers "Nurse, I'm agitated (just got out of bed, sleepy, with a very calm relaxed voice) I need a shot of Ativan" My response.."Really? you don't look agitated, go back to bed" and they walk away. But can't complain because their medicaid is whats paying the hospital thats giving me a paycheck, but in the end goes back to them in taxes...big nasty circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaeric View Post
sense of entitlement that people can have is sickening.
and yeah every single patient feels entitled to everything. this breakfast is bullshit! wheres my steak and eggs!?! or when a morbidly obese diabetic says "why do i only get 2 pancakes no syrup and they get sausages, and bacon and a bagel!?" these people are so used to getting everything for free abusing the system that they feel they have the right to get everything without working for anything. and sad part is thats how their parents did it and thats how they're doing it and thats how their kids will learn hot to do it and thats the only thing that they're gonna know and its gonna be normal for them. fucked up.

Last edited by RxM86; 09-16-2010 at 09:10 AM.
post #5 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:54 AM

Sportbike: R6, SV1000s, rm250
Years Riding: since 2001 in socal
How you found us: team chicago

Thanks for sharing Eric. People need to grow up.

So when should I expect you this weekend?
post #6 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: Its my first time ;)
How you found us: Leghumpers Anonymous

Stories like this make me so glad I no longer see patients

WERA CCS EX #169
I would like to thank the 2014 sponsors...
Riders Discount AllBalls Racing Woodcraft VinylSaurusRex Pit Bull Chicken Hawk Racing
post #7 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxM86 View Post

and yeah every single patient feels entitled to everything. this breakfast is bullshit! wheres my steak and eggs!?! or when a morbidly obese diabetic says "why do i only get 2 pancakes no syrup and they get sausages, and bacon and a bagel!?" these people are so used to getting everything for free abusing the system that they feel they have the right to get everything without working for anything.
exactly - step away from the buffet and get ur fat swollen grease dripping friggin fingers off of the bacon and go for a walk for gosh sakes.
post #8 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
I now crave bacon.

Welfare should also stop rewarding people who have more kids while we are at it.
post #9 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Haha...I love it, for some people the solution to this is single payer!?

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
post #10 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 AM

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: Its my first time ;)
How you found us: Leghumpers Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
I now crave bacon.

WERA CCS EX #169
I would like to thank the 2014 sponsors...
Riders Discount AllBalls Racing Woodcraft VinylSaurusRex Pit Bull Chicken Hawk Racing
post #11 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 AM
TheRexMachine

Sportbike: '04 Yamaha R6
Years Riding: 6 seeezons and rising
How you found us: A member named Will

Quote:
I now crave bacon.

Welfare should also stop rewarding people who have more kids while we are at it.
people are having kids just to benefit from the extra checks they can get per kid. so while they're blinging out, the kids aren't getting shit.
post #12 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
actually this was a letter to the editor of a Jackson, MS newspaper, not a letter to the president.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/starner.asp

Chris
post #13 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Quote:
I now crave bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxM86 View Post
people are having kids just to benefit from the extra checks they can get per kid. so while they're blinging out, the kids aren't getting shit.
welfare should look like this:

if you TRULY need help..fine...go out and clean the streets, sidewalks and parks around your house and when you're down with that i give you your welfare check. u dont get somethin for nothin

food stamps should look like this:

you TRULY need food...fine...heres a box with food that i picked out for you and you get one box a week.

that is all.
post #14 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:25 AM

Sportbike: Ducati Monster 900s,TT-R 125LE.SV650S, R6
How you found us: ChicagoMonster,aka big Jeff

Welcome to my world!
Even worse in my eyes: designer bag, fake nails, hair weave, & states " I didn't have $ to buy my child Tylenol for his fever."
FUCK YOU, YOU POS!!!!!

"The two most important days of your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why." -Mark Twain
post #15 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Greg

Sportbike: 2008 HD VRSCAW, 1985 Honda XR350R (Sold), 2001 SV650s (Sold), 2002 Sea-Doo GTX Di
Years Riding: I thought I was getting the hang of it...back to the basics.
How you found us: mentioned on svrider.com

Send a message via Yahoo to gsd656
This thread reaks of common sense...that is not what I log into CLSB for.

Ok, now that is better. Go on.

Greg

post #16 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
post #17 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
TOOS Racing

Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"

Quote:
welfare should look like this:

if you TRULY need help..fine...go out and clean the streets, sidewalks and parks around your house and when you're down with that i give you your welfare check. u dont get somethin for nothin

food stamps should look like this:

you TRULY need food...fine...heres a box with food that i picked out for you and you get one box a week.

that is all.
this.
post #18 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Reminds me of this...

Quote:
BBC: Human species 'may split in two'

Humanity may split into an elite and an underclass, says Dr Curry

Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.

Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.

Physical appearance, driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility, will improve, he says, while men will exhibit symmetrical facial features, look athletic, and have squarer jaws, deeper voices and bigger penises.

Women, on the other hand, will develop lighter, smooth, hairless skin, large clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, and even features, he adds. Racial differences will be ironed out by interbreeding, producing a uniform race of coffee-coloured people.

However, Dr Curry warns, in 10,000 years time humans may have paid a genetic price for relying on technology.

Spoiled by gadgets designed to meet their every need, they could come to resemble domesticated animals.

Receding chins

Social skills, such as communicating and interacting with others, could be lost, along with emotions such as love, sympathy, trust and respect. People would become less able to care for others, or perform in teams.

Physically, they would start to appear more juvenile. Chins would recede, as a result of having to chew less on processed food.

There could also be health problems caused by reliance on medicine, resulting in weak immune systems. Preventing deaths would also help to preserve the genetic defects that cause cancer.

Further into the future, sexual selection - being choosy about one's partner - was likely to create more and more genetic inequality, said Dr Curry.

The logical outcome would be two sub-species, "gracile" and "robust" humans similar to the Eloi and Morlocks foretold by HG Wells in his 1895 novel The Time Machine.

"While science and technology have the potential to create an ideal habitat for humanity over the next millennium, there is a possibility of a monumental genetic hangover over the subsequent millennia due to an over-reliance on technology reducing our natural capacity to resist disease, or our evolved ability to get along with each other, said Dr Curry.

He carried out the report for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6057734.stm

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #19 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
picture looks like snooki.

Chris
post #20 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerkMX View Post
Haha...I love it, for some people the solution to this is single payer!?
Now, let me get this straight.....we've passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What the heck could possibly go wrong?
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650
Years Riding: 12
How you found us: some guy at the IBM credit union told me about it

Quote:
exactly - step away from the buffet and get ur fat swollen grease dripping friggin fingers off of the bacon and go for a walk for gosh sakes.
Leave me out of this!

oh and I saw Tim posted that.. and then half an hour later I had 5 other people posting it up (and none of you knew each other as far as I can tell.. totally different groups of people)

Safe to assume this thing has gone viral.

It makes a good point, and I really hope they don't dig up dirt on it. Let this really be written by a real doctor not some disgruntled political activist... We all see this shit and it infuriates pretty much all of us, although many advocate different solutions. If they find out it wasn't written by that dr it's just going to evolve into a partisan politics article and the point will be lost.
post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Mille R Colin Edwards / 01-02 Ninj ZX6r Tracktoy / 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefib View Post
Welcome to my world!
Even worse in my eyes: designer bag, fake nails, hair weave, & states " I didn't have $ to buy my child Tylenol for his fever."
FUCK YOU, YOU POS!!!!!
I think they should change the law to allow people who need a good crack to the head be given it.

Something along the lines of - said asstard comes in - you smack them up the side of the head - cop walks in and says "why did you hit this person" you say "she is an asstard and said this xxxx" - cop says "very good then" and maybe smacks the bitch in the kneecaps with his baton just to drive the point home
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 AM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Quote:
Now, let me get this straight.....we've passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

That's the whole point...They want it to collapse so there will be an excuse to convert it to a government run single payer system...WHICH IS THE ULTIMATE SCAM AND ABUSE OF PUBLIC MONEY THAT REWARDS NOT TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF...Until you get to about 60 years old when they figure you've only got about 25 years of quality life left in a best case scenario and even then you will consume more health care dollars than the productive 20 or 30 something so they start cutting your benefits and rationong your care because everyone else is better off if you just go ahead and die!

Land of the free and home of the brave!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
now, let me get this straight.....we've passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

this!
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotgreg View Post
Leave me out of this!

oh and I saw Tim posted that.. and then half an hour later I had 5 other people posting it up (and none of you knew each other as far as I can tell.. totally different groups of people)

Safe to assume this thing has gone viral.

It makes a good point, and I really hope they don't dig up dirt on it. Let this really be written by a real doctor not some disgruntled political activist... We all see this shit and it infuriates pretty much all of us, although many advocate different solutions. If they find out it wasn't written by that dr it's just going to evolve into a partisan politics article and the point will be lost.
See I'm a trend setter. if it wasn't going on not so many people would deem it postworthy.

Just a thought.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpud View Post
See I'm a trend setter. if it wasn't going on not so many people would deem it postworthy.

Just a thought.
I'll go on there and repost it too. Couldn't do it from the iphone last night

ok.. done.
now I am part of the solution
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
CLSB's Jesus Lover

Quote:
I think they should change the law to allow people who need a good crack to the head be given it.

Something along the lines of - said asstard comes in - you smack them up the side of the head - cop walks in and says "why did you hit this person" you say "she is an asstard and said this xxxx" - cop says "very good then" and maybe smacks the bitch in the kneecaps with his baton just to drive the point home
this i like.

asstard= not necessarily stupid because some people just are but more like stupid because they arent thinking or definitely if its due to laziness. some people just give you a headache trying to figure out why they do what they do or what they are trying to say when they dont make any sense whatsoever.

but mainly LAZY. that drives me crazy. at least try for gosh sakes.
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I'll go on there and repost it too. Couldn't do it from the iphone last night

ok.. done.
now I am part of the solution
So I reposted this like I said I would - and Vcook goes on there and corrects it there too.

The guy is like the internet edit wizzzzzard
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:21 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Quote:

And the vast majority of Americans DO NOT WANT.

Proud to say I've never owned a Japanese car
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Wisconsin FIB

Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1

Quote:

If we are no longer going to listen to hypocrites, why should I listen to my Doctor when he tells me to wear a helmet, but rides without any gear. Or to loose weight, but he's fatter than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceptor View Post
And the vast majority of Americans DO NOT WANT.
But will use at some point in their life. What people WANT and NEED are two very different things. And if a majority of Americans understood this, we wouldn't have half the problems we do today.

Damn, wheres the "pot stirring" smiley.... can't find it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode