Welfare Update - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Irony helps us play!
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: N'ville
Posts: 29,508
Location: N'ville
Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear
           
Welfare Update




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wElqMl5TJM

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....


Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Arch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Ugh, unbelievable
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 07:18 AM
stuck in 6th gear
 
Ernie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palatine
Posts: 7,632
Location: Palatine
Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day
           
ah yes....CA....one of the few States out there that makes IL feel good about it's fucked up politics and budgets
Ernie is offline  
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered User
 
under200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: norridge, IL
Posts: 5,837
Location: norridge, IL
Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search
           
I don't find this surprising. The gov. gives the people the money but cannot control how they spend it. Sure dumb asses who have no common sense and spend cash like they are rich are going to misuse the money. They are f*ckin idiots. Not a good enough reason to trash the whole program and punish those who really need it.
CA in this case should use cards like IL where you can only buy approved items like food and stuff. Just giving a cash card is dangerous, not all but some of these people are in the shape they are because of their poor decision making and spending habits, along with shitty upbringing that exploit the system.

Under200
under200 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
King Nothing


 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ur Moms House
Posts: 17,944
Location: Ur Moms House
Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by under200 View Post
I don't find this surprising. The gov. gives the people the money but cannot control how they spend it. Sure dumb asses who have no common sense and spend cash like they are rich are going to misuse the money. They are f*ckin idiots. Not a good enough reason to trash the whole program and punish those who really need it.
CA in this case should use cards like IL where you can only buy approved items like food and stuff. Just giving a cash card is dangerous, not all but some of these people are in the shape they are because of their poor decision making and spending habits, along with shitty upbringing that exploit the system.
Yeah, those cards we use in Illinois work well.............you can buy them on street corners from drug addicts for pennies on the dollar!

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Kegger is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Mmmmmm....
 
Pinkrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,402
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Sportbike: RIP Rsux
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .
           
Send a message via AIM to Pinkrider
Holy shitballs. I am moving to Cali and going on welfare. I really need a dream vacation badly!

Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard wrapped in tin foil.
Pinkrider is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered User
 
under200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: norridge, IL
Posts: 5,837
Location: norridge, IL
Sportbike: 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, 2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: web search
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Yeah, those cards we use in Illinois work well.............you can buy them on street corners from drug addicts for pennies on the dollar!
True, in a free society there will always be ways work the the system. Maybe there should be photos of the people on the cards that way they have to use it and they cannot be sold or used by others. Some credit card companies do this already to prevent fraud.

Under200
under200 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 AM
King Nothing


 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ur Moms House
Posts: 17,944
Location: Ur Moms House
Sportbike: I ride Ur Mom
Years Riding: As long as Ive known Ur Mom
How you found us: u found me
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by under200 View Post
True, in a free society there will always be ways work the the system. Maybe there should be photos of the people on the cards that way they have to use it and they cannot be sold or used by others. Some credit card companies do this already to prevent fraud.
Yeah, I agree, but the added cost to do that will then be paid for by the taxpayer - again. Why not just give them food? Show up at the welfare "store" present your state ID and get your food and/or "approved" items. No money ever changes hands. That would be worked too, but Its a lot harder to sell a dozen eggs or toilet paper than it is to sell a money card.

"When in doubt, use full throttle. It may not improve your situation, but it will end the suspense."
Kegger is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Joe Momma...
 
JoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 3,822
Location: Oak Park
Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member
           
Send a message via AIM to JoJo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Yeah, I agree, but the added cost to do that will then be paid for by the taxpayer - again. Why not just give them food? Show up at the welfare "store" present your state ID and get your food and/or "approved" items. No money ever changes hands. That would be worked too, but Its a lot harder to sell a dozen eggs or toilet paper than it is to sell a money card.
If the cost of this plan would be the same as putting photos on the cards I think this is a better plan. My initial thought is that this would be much more expensive. You would be getting the goods for cheaper since you're buying in large quantities but the logistics and costs involved with managing parishable items can be quite high. Also factor in the items that go bad.

I like the photo idea but that would put the trust in the merchant to enforce it. If they don't enforce it they get a sale, if they do they get nothing so I don't see them enforcing it very well. You'd have to police it somehow like having sting operations where people try and use cards that aren't theirs and if a merchant sells to them the merchant gets fined. That would also drive up costs too.

It's good to talk about solutions and ideas instead just complaining about it.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
JoJo is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway
 
samal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 2,633
Location: Buffalo Grove
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com
           
well, this is just statistical numbers that are at lesat partially misrepresented.

for example, my parents are retired, since they came here in their early 60s, they worked here enough time to qualify for SSI pension, but not long enough to get Social Security, so technically they are on welfare program, even though they earned it.

Me and my sister put money together couple times to send them to a vacation, once on the cruise, once to go back to old country with layover in Paris airport. if they needed some cash during that vacation, they hypothetically could use their card, doesn't mean they abuse the system, only because they went on vacation. They would be mentioned in the video as scum that went to Paris and to cruise in Mediterranean on taxpayers money

if they would buy a vacation using these funds that would be differnt, but saying 7K were withdrawn from cruise ships, proves nothing by itself - could be 2-3 lucky people that won some raffle or have children that care.

I am not saying the system is not being abused, all I as saying these stats can be misrepresented
samal is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Joe Momma...
 
JoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oak Park
Posts: 3,822
Location: Oak Park
Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member
           
Send a message via AIM to JoJo
What is SSI Pension? If it's something they earned why is it called welfare?

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
JoJo is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
 
FiReBReTHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 11,172
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins
           
Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
What is SSI Pension? If it's something they earned why is it called welfare?


its a retirement plan you earn while ON welfare.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
FiReBReTHa is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway
 
samal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 2,633
Location: Buffalo Grove
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
What is SSI Pension? If it's something they earned why is it called welfare?
they did not work here in US long enough to get Social Security benefits paid to them, so they are on this social program for people that are too old to work and are not eligible for Social Security

to get the Social Security benefits, they had to work 10 years each - which was impossible because of their age when they came to the country. for SSI, they only needed to work 5 years each and it's paid from State and federal funds, not from Social Security funds, so technically it is a form a welfare
samal is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway
 
samal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 2,633
Location: Buffalo Grove
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
What is SSI Pension? If it's something they earned why is it called welfare?
http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/
samal is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway
 
samal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 2,633
Location: Buffalo Grove
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
its a retirement plan you earn while ON welfare.
sadly and ironically, it can be abused that way, people who were on welfare during working age can qualify for SSI, and do so pretty easily.

however, even more ironically for people that were not on welfare duding working age and worked while they could, like my parents, it was almost impossible to get eligibility for this program.
samal is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
 
FiReBReTHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 11,172
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins
           
Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
sadly and ironically, it can be abused that way, people who were on welfare during working age can qualify for SSI, and do so pretty easily.

however, even more ironically for people that were not on welfare duding working age and worked while they could, like my parents, it was almost impossible to get eligibility for this program.


dumbass, your parents obviously know shit about welfare.





Work hard and earn a right to the stuff you invested in means youll never get to it!





I so want to kick a democrat right now.

www.firespeedtactical.com
Trial By Fire.
Like our page!
http://www.facebook.com/firespeedtactical

Quote:
"I'm spooning a barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building."
-Archer
FiReBReTHa is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Jewrassic Park Runaway
 
samal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buffalo Grove
Posts: 2,633
Location: Buffalo Grove
Sportbike: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 Sleeper
Years Riding: I quit smoking 6 years ago
How you found us: www.chicagorussianriders.com
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
dumbass, your parents obviously know shit about welfare.





Work hard and earn a right to the stuff you invested in means youll never get to it!





I so want to kick a democrat right now.
I am not sure what you are implying here, but if not for this program, my parents would be left without any means after they had to retire and without medical coverage, so even if the system is not flawless and abused, I am really glad, it's in place, because believe it or not, there plenty of honest people in need that are relying on it
samal is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 11:26 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D
 
FiReBReTHa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 11,172
Location: Aurora, IL
Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins
           
Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by samal View Post
I am not sure what you are implying here, but if not for this program, my parents would be left without any means after they had to retire and without medical coverage, so even if the system is not flawless and abused, I am really glad, it's in place, because believe it or not, there plenty of honest people in need that are relying on it

implying your parents deserved it and fucked up because they worked for it, they dont get it. Hence the joke that they dont know anything about it, etc etc



There are simple methods of tabulating who should be getting it and who shouldn't.
Amazing how far we came with technology. More processing power in the palm of your hand than there was in the space shuttle and we still cant support the people who deserve it.
FiReBReTHa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome