Vehicles and Fuel..... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Vehicles and Fuel.....

So with this recent gas hike being probably the worst I'VE seen, and no obvious end in sight.....

Who out there if anyone, has/will or is unsure of what there going to do with there current vehicle or trading out to get something more economical on gas? And whats your daily personal/work commute "Look" like? I'm curious.

Or has just said F' it and your fighting the system and purchased a MONSTER with no regard to fuel costs!


I'll start by saying that, I currently drive 60+ miles a day at LEAST 6 days a week and thats JUST for work... I'm currently averaging tops 21.9-22mpg HIGHWAY, and NO work vehicle or gas card to reap any benefits of cost deflection... Unfortunately I'm considering the option of efficiency for now (Which is a frustratingly saddening thought, for a guy that LOVES cars/performance!) and may be trading into something on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in regards to vehicle but I'm going to TRY to wait it out till after motorcycle season

Tom

Last edited by IceCold81; 04-23-2011 at 06:50 PM.
IceCold81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
I said fuck it. Hemi Durango FTW. Ballers roll like that.

Dave13 is offline  
post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
I said fuck it. Hemi Durango FTW. Ballers roll like that.

Excellent! Whats your commute like daily?

Tom
IceCold81 is offline  
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Registered User
 
AgentofDarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Niles
Posts: 2,761
Location: Niles
Sportbike: 05 CBR600RR
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: CBR Forum
           
Send a message via AIM to AgentofDarkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold81 View Post
So with this recent gas hike being probably the worst I'VE seen, and no obvious end in sight.....

Who out there if anyone, has/will or is unsure of what there going to do with there current vehicle or trading out to get something more economical on gas? And whats your daily personal/work commute "Look" like? I'm curious.

Or has just said F' it and your fighting the system and purchased a MONSTER with no regard to fuel costs!


I'll start by saying that, I currently drive 60+ miles a day at LEAST 6 days a week and thats JUST for work... I'm currently averaging tops 21.9-22mpg HIGHWAY, and NO work vehicle or gas card to reap any benefits of cost deflection... Unfortunately I'm considering the option of efficiency for now (Which is a frustratingly saddening thought, for a guy that LOVES cars/performance!) and may be trading into something on the complete opposite side of the spectrum in regards to vehicle but I'm going to TRY to wait it out till after motorcycle season
My car gets about the same if I drive normally. Few weeks ago I started driving at exactly 65MPH and my fuel economy went up to about 27-28 MPG. People get pretty pissed on I-55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
In motorcycle terms, that's like taking your Ducati to a dealer for service, and they hand you back a 1979 backfiring Honda 400 Hawk.. because after all, a bike is a bike.
AgentofDarkness is offline  
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentofDarkness View Post
My car gets about the same if I drive normally. Few weeks ago I started driving at exactly 65MPH and my fuel economy went up to about 27-28 MPG. People get pretty pissed on I-55.
Not gonna lie, I use to set my cruise control SPOT ON 78-79mph and cruise....

Ever since these damn gas prices have gone up, I've been setting it on anywhere between 65-70 and it's def helped gas mileage a little bit, but holy SHIT I have a hard time staying off the petal! I feel like I'm CRAWLING!

Also my Mpg's before I started doing that, were lower then 20-21 ON AVERAGE! And again thats 90% highway!

Tom
IceCold81 is offline  
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Wisconsin FIB
 
TripleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rosendale, WI
Posts: 2,241
Location: Rosendale, WI
Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1
           
Long story short, I drive a Smart Car. So does the G/F.
37mpg tank average in winter. 41mpg tank average in summer.
My commute is 15 miles, and I drive like I stole it.

The G/F commutes 60 miles one way, and could not afford to work where she does if it wasn't for that car.

Besides the MPG, you need to look at $/mile. The Smart car is cheap per mile, around $0.30 without doing the math again. (At $4 gas). Tires are cheap, maintenance is cheap, repairs are cheap (if I would end up in a ditch during winter). Insurance is only $300 for full coverage a year.

I also have a 350Z I drive in the summer. I almost puked the first time I filled the tank this spring. Bike is cheaper, but not as good as the Smart Car.

Edit://
Found my previous post on this matter....
Quote:
With depreciation, gas, maintenance, insurance, etc.....

Smart Car Costs: $0.18 / mile (20,000 miles per year)
Speed Triple Costs: $0.47 / mile (5000 miles per year)
350Z Costs: $0.68 / mile (10,000 miles per year)

If I drive them all 20,000 miles (impractical), it would cost...
Speed Triple: $0.26 / mile
350Z: $0.45 / mile

Last edited by TripleZ; 04-23-2011 at 07:21 PM.
TripleZ is offline  
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Long story short, I drive a Smart Car. So does the G/F.
37mpg tank average in winter. 41mpg tank average in summer.
My commute is 15 miles, and I drive like I stole it.

The G/F commutes 60 miles one way, and could not afford to work where she does if it wasn't for that car.

Besides the MPG, you need to look at $/mile. The Smart car is cheap per mile, around $0.30 without doing the math again. (At $4 gas). Tires are cheap, maintenance is cheap, repairs are cheap (if I would end up in a ditch during winter). Insurance is only $300 for full coverage a year.

I also have a 350Z I drive in the summer. I almost puked the first time I filled the tank this spring. Bike is cheaper, but not as good as the Smart Car.
Yea true story, smart cars are pretty killer on gas, but I'm also trying to consider the recoup period in terms of investment, so I've actually been looking at the new Hyundai Elantra which gets 40MPG'S! And I'd probably only spend about 5-10k TOPS after my trade in to get the car.... So we'll see.

Tom
IceCold81 is offline  
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Wisconsin FIB
 
TripleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rosendale, WI
Posts: 2,241
Location: Rosendale, WI
Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1
           
Elantra City / Highway / Average 29 / 40 / 33

Ill bet you'll get closer to 30 overall.

If you're driving 450 miles a week, 22mpg, at $4.50 a gallon, you spend $4786 a year on gas.

Raise the MPG to 33 average for the Elantra, you spend $3190 a year on gas.

Savings per year is $1596, so a 6 year payoff for the Elantra. But you really need to look at total costs plus depreciation, insurance, basically $/mile.
TripleZ is offline  
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Viva La Figa!!
 
Downforce137's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In Diana
Posts: 6,215
Location: In Diana
Sportbike: negative.
Years Riding: long enough to know better.
How you found us: cycleforums.com
           
Send a message via AIM to Downforce137
I was getting 16mpgs on regular with my S10, so I bought an Acura RSX Type S that gets 22 on premium. I think its about a wash really. It's still almost $60 to fill up, but I can go about 40 more miles in the RSX on a tank.
Downforce137 is offline  
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered User
 
JRSMAIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Johnsburg, Il
Posts: 9,428
Location: Johnsburg, Il
Sportbike: A weed wacker
Years Riding: Just started today as a matter of fact..
How you found us: A dream I had once
           
Send a message via MSN to JRSMAIL
Still have my 91 CRX Si that get 40 mpg all day long if I stay off the loud pedal. HHR get 26-28 and a Tahoe that can not do better then 10...

Once kids out of school, it's pedal to work time....

Jon
MSF Instructor


<---- Useless

Always Stand For What You Believe In... Even If Means You Stand Alone...
JRSMAIL is offline  
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Elantra City / Highway / Average 29 / 40 / 33

Ill bet you'll get closer to 30 overall.

If you're driving 450 miles a week, 22mpg, at $4.50 a gallon, you spend $4786 a year on gas.

Raise the MPG to 33 average for the Elantra, you spend $3190 a year on gas.

Savings per year is $1596, so a 6 year payoff for the Elantra. But you really need to look at total costs plus depreciation, insurance, basically $/mile.
on price per year in gas for my current ride.... DON'T REMIND ME! HAHA...

Also factor in some pretty heavy level maintenance intervals for my current vehicle coming up: Spark Plug change, timing belt, brakes/rotors, possible turbo/intercooler "Issues" now we have a bit of a dynamic situation to consider

And yea your spot on with depreciation which is marginal, but INSURANCE, I'm SURE my insurance would drop fairly well.

Tom

Last edited by IceCold81; 04-23-2011 at 08:00 PM.
IceCold81 is offline  
post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold81 View Post
Excellent! Whats your commute like daily?
About 60 miles a day. 95% is highway. The Durango averages 16.5 mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSMAIL View Post
Still have my 91 CRX Si that get 40 mpg all day long if I stay off the loud pedal.
Mileage gets better and better as the doors continue to rust off. Just sayin'.
Dave13 is offline  
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered User
 
SilentAlero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Alsip
Posts: 8,508
Location: Alsip
Sportbike: 01 Giggy 7fidday
Years Riding: been riding your mom for years
How you found us: The hobo on lower wacker sold me the link.
           
Honestly for me, moving closer to wherever my job is, is very much worth it. No spending $250mo + on gas. No 2 hour commute.

Dgrsuspension.com

~ High Performance Coilovers

Silentedition.com
Quote:
Watching the Cubs lose is the opposite of appreciating a fine wine — it’s like watching a car accident in progress. It’s horrifying, yet gruesomely riveting, and you can’t help but watch and sympathize with the poor souls inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntash View Post
coming to CLSB for relationship advice is like asking fat people in mcdonalds about nutrition.
SilentAlero is offline  
post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAlero View Post
Honestly for me, moving closer to wherever my job is, is very much worth it. No spending $250mo + on gas. No 2 hour commute.
Yea I did that once, when I was working up off of LAWRENCE AND LAKESHORE, and commuting from PLAINFIELD IL!!!! Ugh that was an absolute NIGHTMARE! But true story I HATED living in the city!

Tom
IceCold81 is offline  
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 PM

 
PolishPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbs, IL
Posts: 2,471
Location: Suburbs, IL
Sportbike: 600rr
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: From friends
           
My opinion is different than others, because of the whole enjoying life thing.

I enjoy cars. I have nice cars. I drive them like they're supposed to be driven. I drive a lot. And every time I get in my cars I smile and I'm happy that I'm in that car.

The extra $ I spend on my cars/driving habits/etc, is an investment in my happiness.

I've worked very hard my whole life to be able to afford these things, and I work hard now to continue to be able to afford them.

For people who don't care what they drive, they just need a car, that's all fine and I'm not bashing that at all.

Simply put, for me, I'm not letting the price at the pump affect my driving habits, only my voting habits.

Peter Katowicz
State Farm® - Agent
108 E Lake St. Unit 2
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Office: (630) 980-9809
Fax: (630) 980-9858
[email protected]
www.PeterIsMyAgent.com

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.
PolishPete is offline  
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Lookin to Ride!
 
IceCold81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Plainfield IL.
Posts: 4,459
Location: Plainfield IL.
Sportbike: 2008 CBR 1000RR and 2010 Victory Jackpot premium
Years Riding: One could say, I've been around the block a few times....
How you found us: Through the "GrapeVine"
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPete View Post
Simply put, for me, I'm not letting the price at the pump affect my driving habits, only my voting habits.
WORD!

And I'm with ya, but my car isn't a race car by any means and for now it's temporary, because like you, I ALSO LOVE performance and cars and what not, but even my CURRENT car isn't what I really want, what I want can't be on the roads 7 months of the year! And THATS what I'll get when the times right!

Tom
IceCold81 is offline  
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 PM

 
PolishPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbs, IL
Posts: 2,471
Location: Suburbs, IL
Sportbike: 600rr
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: From friends
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold81 View Post
WORD!

And I'm with ya, but my car isn't a race car by any means and for now it's temporary, because like you, I ALSO LOVE performance and cars and what not, but even my CURRENT car isn't what I really want, what I want can't be on the roads 7 months of the year! And THATS what I'll get when the times right!
Audi Quattro baby. Performance (420 hp) and all wheel drive that is excellent in winter conditions. I guess by that same token you could get a Lambo (all wheel drive) but that wouldn't be so hot in the winter.

Peter Katowicz
State Farm® - Agent
108 E Lake St. Unit 2
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Office: (630) 980-9809
Fax: (630) 980-9858
[email protected]
www.PeterIsMyAgent.com

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.
PolishPete is offline  
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
I wanted something nice that can tow nearly anything I want. The Durango is rated to tow 8950 lbs. And the hemi engine is so smooth. Performance wise it's stock. It's also nice and quiet. I like that.
Dave13 is offline  
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Presonally dont care. SO sick of hearing "you should get a smaller car". Or because some people know I'm looking for a tahoe, the first thing they whine about is "gas mileage sucks on those". Well a tahoe gets better mileage than my v6 dakota. Uh no I'm not getting a fucking smaller car. A fucking focus cant pull a 6X12 or a boat. Much less bring home 4x8 ply and 2x4x8's. I'm sick of being cramped in small cars.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Serious inquiries only
 
Mort82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Never-Neverland
Posts: 13,775
Location: Never-Neverland
Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google
           
Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPete View Post
Audi Quattro baby. Performance (420 hp) and all wheel drive that is excellent in winter conditions. I guess by that same token you could get a Lambo (all wheel drive) but that wouldn't be so hot in the winter.
This means he charges too much if he's burning gas in an overpriced car.

Tommy, you can get a Golf TDI or another diesel that gets about 40mpg. You won't sacrifice much in terms of style, looks, or much in performance.

Silly americans.
Mort82 is offline  
post #21 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:27 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
I said fuck it. Hemi Durango FTW. Ballers roll like that.
A real baller would have work paying for his gas your not quite there dave and I don't think UP will even go there

Takes 100 to fill my shit up and that is every other day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day im glad work pays for it. As far as the bikes well 15 dollars is nothing for the fun i have on it

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #22 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
This means he charges too much if he's burning gas in an overpriced car.

Tommy, you can get a Golf TDI or another diesel that gets about 40mpg. You won't sacrifice much in terms of style, looks, or much in performance.

Silly americans.
But I dont think many here are willing to turn in their man card to buy a VW.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #23 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:42 AM
Irony helps us play!
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: N'ville
Posts: 29,508
Location: N'ville
Sportbike: 2000 F4
Years Riding: Long enough to know better
How you found us: some hot MILF whispered it in my ear
           
This is one of the main reasons I strived to work from home the past 12+ years... no commute (gas prices? Fuck em) and the time I don't spend on the roads are worth it.

Everyone Exaggerates

We're being taken for a ride... agaaaaaaain.....


Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Arch is offline  
post #24 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 AM
Wisconsin FIB
 
TripleZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Rosendale, WI
Posts: 2,241
Location: Rosendale, WI
Sportbike: Speed Triple 06 Blue
Years Riding: Since June 2002
How you found us: Pilotx1
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
Presonally dont care. SO sick of hearing "you should get a smaller car". .......
Us in the smaller cars say that, because were sick of hearing people in big fucking SUVs and Trucks (all they do is commute to work) complaining about the gas prices. YOU started it...

How often do you pull a 6x12, carry 4x8 sheets of plywood, or pull a boat?

Most of the time, I get shit delivered from Menards or Home Depot, because its too big for a normal truck anyway. And If I really need a truck, Ill borrow or rent one. Still WAY cheaper than driving one every day.
TripleZ is offline  
post #25 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Armed law abiding citizen
 
Dave13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Posts: 19,055
Location: Middleburg, Florida
Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google
           
You have to be way up on the food chain to get a company car and fuel for the UP. I'll be a peon and do my job and go home.
Dave13 is offline  
post #26 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Moderator
 
Chills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 23,640
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Elantra City / Highway / Average 29 / 40 / 33

Ill bet you'll get closer to 30 overall.

If you're driving 450 miles a week, 22mpg, at $4.50 a gallon, you spend $4786 a year on gas.

Raise the MPG to 33 average for the Elantra, you spend $3190 a year on gas.

Savings per year is $1596, so a 6 year payoff for the Elantra. But you really need to look at total costs plus depreciation, insurance, basically $/mile.
I had a 2002 Elantra and I averaged 34 mph city/highway with a 40%/60% split. I bet these new Elantras are even better on gas so I could see them getting closer to 36-38 mph combined.

I never got above 2200 rpm when accelerating and I kept the speed at 65 on the freeway.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
Chills is offline  
post #27 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:41 AM
vroom vroom
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 2,246
Location: Peoria, IL
Sportbike: '05 Z750S
Years Riding: 10 yrs
How you found us: Katanaplanet
           
I drive about 45 or so miles/day all highway to work. My car(HHR SS) gets about 28MPG on the commute and will be paid off in a couple months so it isn't going anywhere. If I want to drive it hard of course the mileage is way less, but commuting to work it is very good. My wife's car doesn't get as good mileage, but it's paid for. I see no reason to take on a car payment to "save" on gas costs.

-Mike
pitbull76 is offline  
post #28 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 AM
Administrator
 
HDTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 45,956
Location: Plainfield IL
Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.
           
Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I bought an avalanche, but luckily my wifes to and from work commute is about 16 miles total, and I have a company car. So I'm not too worried about it. But ya it does suck when 50 bucks only gives me a half tank




HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
HDTony is offline  
post #29 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleZ View Post
Us in the smaller cars say that, because were sick of hearing people in big fucking SUVs and Trucks (all they do is commute to work) complaining about the gas prices. YOU started it...

How often do you pull a 6x12, carry 4x8 sheets of plywood, or pull a boat?

Most of the time, I get shit delivered from Menards or Home Depot, because its too big for a normal truck anyway. And If I really need a truck, Ill borrow or rent one. Still WAY cheaper than driving one every day.
I dont whine about gas prices. Only people I hear whining is the nimrods in the small cars ironically. And unlike yuppies, I actually use my truck for what its intended. Really funny to see a truck thats a few years old that doesnt have a bedliner not have one scratch in the inside of the bed.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #30 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Serious inquiries only
 
Mort82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Never-Neverland
Posts: 13,775
Location: Never-Neverland
Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google
           
Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
But I dont think many here are willing to turn in their man card to buy a VW.
Exactly, their ego won't allow them to live within their means, or live with less waste.
Mort82 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome