Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Any guitar players in the building?

7K views 109 replies 16 participants last post by  shadrach 
#1 ·
Any of you guys guitar players?

Seems like a lot of motorcycle riders are also into guitars...

Who else thinks it would be cool to have a guitar mount on their motorcycle to bring a guitar with for the ride?

Maybe a built in amp on the bike?

I swear Ive seen something like this in the custom bike world.

#3 ·
OCC built a Peavy bike I believe.

I won't say I play, but I've dabbled.

Lots of people play guitar

#15 ·
My gallery is really out of date, but it shows some of the gear I've had in the past 10 years.

http://lonelyraven.zenfolio.com/f1004703269

Currently I have two late 60's silverface Super Reverbs I'm restoring

'54 Alamo (Texas made amp similar to a Tweed Champ)
'59 Magnatone 280 like Buddy Holly used just be fore died
'62 Magnatone 260A made here in Chicago under the Twilighter name
Champ clone made from parts rescued from a gutted '63 Blackface Champ
I have a couple 80's vintage Laney heads that were basically modded JCM 800s

The rest are custom cabinets, boutique amps, and stuff I'm cobbling together from parts. I have a Peters Dual Channel that is a one of a kind heavy metal amp, two Tweed Deluxe Chassis I'm building up for myself, another Super Reverb I'm building up from scratch, Marshall TMB 18 watt I'm fixing someone else's sloppy work, and I'm getting good at building Trainwreck amps. This one I built and sold a while back...I even laser engraved the logos and faceplate myself, back when I had access to a laser engraver at work.

#34 ·
I had my Martin strapped to the luggage rack on my Harley all the way to Sturgis then on to Colorado thru the Rockies, Steamboat, Estes and back home without any problems.

#33 ·
ENGL Powerball II, Marshall AVT150, Fender Super Sonic, 78 Fender Pro Reverb, Peavey Musician and Crate here. Also assorted acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins and ADT.:laughing:

#35 ·
Marshall JTM30, Digitech 2112, Washburn D13 acoustic, ESP LTD EC-400AT gold top, and Carvin custom shop Bolt.
Carvin is for sale if anyone is interested.
I would consider myself more of a guitar tinkerer, use to play more when I was younger but now I really need an itch to play, mostly over the winter months.

#37 ·
I just got an email today from a guy. To me it sounds like some spammer. Let me know what you guys think:

"Hi, I'm looking for bone nut, saddle for a classical and the same for a dreadnought guitar plus 6 pcs bone bridge pins. Can you fabricate these dimension for me- for dreadnought guitar the E-E string spacing is 1-6/16" at the nut, for classical 1-11/16" at the nut. The saddle dimension for the dreadnought are 72mm L x 7.30mm H x 2.40 W and the classical 80mm x 6.70mm H x 2.40mm W prefer both of these saddles to be compensated. Do you offer this service? If yes, please quote prices and shipping to my country Malaysia. Thank you.

From Jazzy Rosettes"

I almost believed it, until I saw Malaysia. You mean to tell me no one in Malaysia can do this?

#50 ·
Yea I would definitely take his credit card. :laughing: (super sarcastic voice)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.