Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Anybody have a Motion Pro Clutch holding tool in NW burbs

822 views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  Supergirl 
#1 ·
Please let me know!

thanks,

t.

#12 ·
i'm surprised honda started using a REGULAR nut, not the stupid special tool nut, like they used to. it is a 30mm, but still, a regular socket will do!

#19 ·
Take a picture and show us what you are trying to do. You should be able to put the impact on the nut holding the basket on and brap that thing. Or you can bring it to the track tonight, I will bring the impact and we can do the clutch there.

#23 ·
The thing I don't like about that tool you are trying to get from justin is it puts strain on the basket fins / arms. The aluminum basket is fragile and can bend easy if you put strain on it with that silly tool.

That's why I was like what the fuck is a clutch tool? I've never used one of those things.

#25 ·
yeah, i hear ya!

that's why it's not a good idea to use just anything instead either. no mcgyvering with the aluminum :lmao:

#27 ·
Please make sure there is a keeper or washer that holds that nut from backing out. If you don't put that in there and that nut backs out at speed it will destroy the inside of your motor. Same thing with a front sprocket nut. It should have some kind of fold over washer on it that goes onto the splines and folds over a side of the nut. Follow me?

#29 ·
Yea I see it. But for some reason I don't trust that. She is going to brap that off with the impact which is going to rethread it pretty much. You really have to wack the shit out of it with a punch and if it isn't done correctly it is trouble. Big trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.