Biker hits construction sign. RIP - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
With your mom.

Sportbike: bigwheel
How you found us: referred for some reason..

Send a message via AIM to Gamble
Biker hits construction sign. RIP

Another one guys
RIP
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6...ffic-sign.html

Quote:
A 25-year-old man died early Wednesday after the motorcycle he was driving crashed into a traffic sign on the Far Northwest Side.

After midnight, a 25-year-old man driving a motorcycle crashed into a neon arrow traffic control sign at 6142 S. Harlem Ave., a Jefferson Park District lieutenant said.

The man -- identified as Ronald L. Bizeau Jr., 25, -- was pronounced dead at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge at 1:40 a.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

The police Major Accident Investigation Unit is investigating.

90 ex500 (Sold)
02 F4i (Sold)
92 F2 (Sold)
04 600RR (Sold)
01 ex500 (Sold)
93 vulcan 150 (Sold)
92 GSXR 750 (Sold)
94 Ex500 - Current
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM

Sportbike: 600rr
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: From friends

Rip

Peter Katowicz
State Farm® - Agent
108 E Lake St. Unit 2
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Office: (630) 980-9809
Fax: (630) 980-9858
[email protected]
www.PeterIsMyAgent.com

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

This is another one that needs to be thouroughly investigated. If the arrowboard was placed without proper signage placed at the legally prescribed places and if it was unlit there is some seriuos liability for the agency and/or contractor(s) involved.
Nothing can bring back the unfortunate who hit the sign and it is possible he is the one at fault but if not, those responsible for the gross negligence that cost him his life should not be allowed to get away with it!
Motorcyclists need to be vocal and make sure that those responsible for negligence are held responsible or the negligence will only continue!

God speed and Rest in Peace Ronald L. Bizeau

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
And I'll take the other end of that argument and say Darwin might be at work.

Either way RIP.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 04:40 PM

My friend, there is no argument. If you read my post completely you would see that I concede it could have been the riders fault.
I don't intend to speak ill of the dead here regarding this or any other accident.
There are far too many incidents and accidents that are not the fault of the rider that get overlooked or go uninvestigated and those who neglected to conduct their tasks responsibly or failed to consider the safety of others are never held responsible. To me and hopefully to you and everyone else, that is unacceptable.
If this 25 year old was driving a car this very well likely would have been property damage only. But, a young human life was lost and if someone other than him was responsible or shares the responsibility for this tragic incident, they should be held accountable and answer for that rsponsibility.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Weapons Tech Guru

Sportbike: Borrowed Ones
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: through SBN

Send a message via Yahoo to Ofc. Ponch
I agree entirely that too many accidents are clearly blamed on the rider when in fact many of the factors were either out of or not argali his/hers fault. On the same note I'm sure we can all agree that not everyone who rides a bike should be on one. My comment wasn't intended to slander the dead but to take one side of the argument, not that you presented, that will always rage. Who's fault was it. And the end of the day only this poor fellows family is left to have answer. And fir that god be with them.

Arrogance has to be earned.
Serve, Protect and Break a ......
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 PM

I didn't take what you said as a slander to the victim. We're on the same page. We just differ slightly in our perception, I think.
Yes, God be with his family and with us all when we ride.

Please ride safe, everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode