Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

I want to be....

2K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  SmartBiker 
#1 ·
Another career change! HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Yep, throwing away my career as a firefighter here to go live in the mountains. My wife accepted a job just outside of Denver. I've taken a few fire department tests out there (the economy there is MUCH better than here in the public sector) but none of my certifications in the lovely state of Illinois will transfer to Colorado (or the rest of the country for that matter). What should I do now? I'm only 27 so I'm still young enough to start over... I'll be keeping my paramedic license and getting a nationally recognized certification but pay is pretty low (low 40's) and I don't want to be stuck on a diaper wagon forever. I started taking some college classes last semester and I'm thinking of going for a degree in mursing, or physical therapy. Anyone here work in wind energy?

P.S. Anyone want to buy some rescue certifications with someone else's name on it? You can hang them on your wall to impress the ladies :1pimp

oh ya.....

:flip

See less See more
#7 ·
Denver is the Washington DC of the West. USAJobs.gov

#14 ·
haha I'm not denying that. It's why we're renting instead of buying. :laughing: To be honest though with all the traveling I've done I haven't found a place besides the Front Range area where I thought I could move and instantly be happy. Our apartment is in Boulder, which might prove to be a little over the top but it's a great location to start out. I think just outside of Boulder would be perfect.

#15 ·
Life is way to short to be concerned about political B.S. Believe in whatever you want, it doesn't bother me :) Colorado is actually very conservative outside of Boulder... hell they even have concealed carry which is more than you can say for IL. :flip

#20 ·
14ers.com

Great climbing forum out that way. Quit your job all together. Be a stay at home spouse, and be a broke climber full time. What a life.

#31 ·
off the top of my head in Colorado- Denver, Aurora, Louisville (an awesome place!), Ft Lupton, and Castle Rock.

I've already went to the vet and had his breed changed from APBT to Weimaraner mix LOL. Boulder doesn't have breed restrictions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.