Anyone Recommend a Good Doctor - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Instigator

Sportbike: 2003 Yamaha R6
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Google!

Anyone Recommend a Good Doctor

I have a history of sleep issues -- i have an erratic schedule that causes me to have short bouts of insomnia or just some general trouble staying asleep once i get to sleep.

Years ago i found a doctor that prescribed me ambien for it, but he has since moved away, and i find myself without a doctor. With my (2 year old) ambien supply running out (i only need it maybe 2-3 times a month MAX), i need to see someone again.

Can anyone recommend a good doc around or in chicago for this sort of thing, that isn't going to try to make me change my excercise, diet, etc all over again (I've already tried these remedies)

Ideally just a good solid general practitioner is what i need (since i dont currently have one)

Thanks

2003 Yamaha R6 Raven Limited Edition

Cages:
1999 Ford F250 (Gas Sucker)
2001 VW Golf TDI (Gas Saver)

Last edited by bigbaddiesel; 05-20-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:08 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Your past Doc should have turned his patients records over to another either in the same practice, or sold his practice to another Doc or group. They should have your records and what course of treatment he was taking with you. In most cases they will continue the same course or try varients along the same line.
Contact your old Doc's office or group and find out who is handling the patients he was seeing and go from there.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Instigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
Your past Doc should have turned his patients records over to another either in the same practice, or sold his practice to another Doc or group. They should have your records and what course of treatment he was taking with you. In most cases they will continue the same course or try varients along the same line.
Contact your old Doc's office or group and find out who is handling the patients he was seeing and go from there.
Yeah there was no group - he was just a one man show with a couple nurses, etc -- id been going to him since i was a kid. I am actually in posession of my own records at the moment, as when he closed practice they offered to X-fer them and i was in the middle of a move to chicago, so i just brought them along (not knowing what doctor id use)

Cages:
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM

If you have your records you have half the battle won. Make an appointment with a doc that is close and convenient to you and bring your records and tell him you want to continue to follow your previous docs course because it was working for you.
Dude...you're the boss...unless you are blatently trying to get him to give you drugs you don't need (and he'll catch on to that pretty quick) you have much more input in your treatment than you think!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!

Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie

I go to Suburban Lung Associates and the Chicago Sleep Group for treatment of my sleep issues. They have offices all over Chicagoland. They have been beyond awesome.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Instigator

Quote:
Dude...you're the boss...unless you are blatently trying to get him to give you drugs you don't need (and he'll catch on to that pretty quick) you have much more input in your treatment than you think!
Haha -- if i was fishing for meds, i think i could do a lot better than sleep meds ... think ... vicodin? lol

Cages:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaddiesel View Post
Haha -- if i was fishing for meds, i think i could do a lot better than sleep meds ... think ... vicodin? lol
I wasn't suggesting you were doing that. Just pointing out that it would really be a Docs only objection to you suggesting or requesting a specific course of treatment or continuation of the previous Docs treatment strategy.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Instigator

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting you were doing that. Just pointing out that it would really be a Docs only objection to you suggesting or requesting a specific course of treatment or continuation of the previous Docs treatment strategy.
Didn't think you were -- simply stating better options than sleep meds, for such a situation. I wasn't offended, more amused lol

Cages:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode