Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

Site ownership announcement

35K views 481 replies 100 participants last post by  FiReBReTHa 
#1 ·
CLSB members,

I have an announcement to make, for some time I have been looking at perspective buyers for CLSB. Due to the time constraints of my new business and Ken being busy with his new job traveling all over the country. We have not had the time to spend on the site to run it like it should be. This has been a labor of love since I breathed life into it back in 2000, as we approach our 12th anniversary I look back and can't believe how this site has grown. I originally started it as I had just gotten back into riding after a few year break, so I was looking for a few people to ride with. I never expected it to turn into this and have met so many wonderful people. It amazes me the affect this site has had on so many lives, I am proud of the site and all of you, after all it's the members that make the site what it is. I will still be around and chatting with all of you, after all someone needs to keep you all straight in the political forum.

As of today, the site is owned by Motorcycle.com. Helena, a representative of motorcycle.com will be online in a bit to answer any questions you may have as I'm sure you have many.

Thanks for all we've shared over the years.

Tony and Ken

See less See more
#114 ·
:lmao:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Helena and I work for motorcycle.com, as you have read above we are now the proud owners of chicagolandsportbikes.com. I would like to start out with letting you all know that we are not here to close this site or change this community; we are here to help improve the functionality of the site and help it grow to a new level. We have a great team of tech support that is here to fix any functional issues you have with the site, and help keep the site updated and working. I am here whenever you need help with anything, or if you have a question or concern.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

Feel free to post your concerns or questions below or you can PM me any time, you may also email me at Helena@motorcycle.com.

Thank you everyone.
Helena
:worthless:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

so wait, a forum for riders doesnt necessarily have to be run by riders?

So main question, is the hole gonna dissapear?

#6 ·
Understandable, I may be new but believe me I know how hard it is to run a site I have ran a couple and dealing with the B.S. and updating the plugins along with ddos attempts and the $600 every 6 months for Vbulletin it does have its toll, well best of luck to you sir.

#7 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Helena and I work for motorcycle.com, as you have read above we are now the proud owners of chicagolandsportbikes.com. I would like to start out with letting you all know that we are not here to close this site or change this community; we are here to help improve the functionality of the site and help it grow to a new level. We have a great team of tech support that is here to fix any functional issues you have with the site, and help keep the site updated and working. I am here whenever you need help with anything, or if you have a question or concern.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

Feel free to post your concerns or questions below or you can PM me any time, you may also email me at Helena@motorcycle.com.

Thank you everyone.
Helena

#11 ·
Hi Helena,

Welcome aboard. Would like to ask a couple of questions.

- Are you someone who is local to us? I'm guessing not?
- How do you foresee motorcycle.com's role in managing this site? Hands-on or hands-off? Thoughts on changing the culture (hopefully not)?

Thank you for your time.

#19 ·
Looking at all the other forums in the motorcycle.com forum network, not looking forward to the change..:jester
Expand on this please....

#17 ·

Reactions: spoil9
#23 ·
Reactions: GixxerDave
#24 ·
About our new Parents seeing as Mom and Dad (yes Tony, you are the Mom) don't love us anymore:

About Motorcycle.Com

Motorcycle.com is owned and operated by Verticalscope Inc., publishers of more than 240 powersports, automotive, sports, and technology web sites. Since 1994, Motorcycle.com has been the definitive information resource for motorcycle enthusiasts around the world. It is home to thousands of reviews and performance tests, giving consumers all the information they need on the latest bikes, parts, and accessories. Motorcycle.com covers the full spectrum of bikes, including sport bikes, choppers, cruisers, adventure bikes, fat boys, and everything in-between. The Motorcycle.com archive, which also includes thousands of photos and videos, is second to none. Today, over 2 million motorcycle enthusiasts per month rely on the site when they are shopping for a new bike, tuning-up their current bike, or getting ready to head to the track.

About VerticalScope Inc.

Founded in 1999, VerticalScope Inc. is a privately held Canadian corporation head quartered in Toronto. We are a leading Internet media company that provides detailed coverage and analysis of the motorsports, technology and sports vertical markets. VerticalScope’s network of industry web magazines, portals and online communities reach over five million enthusiasts and decision makers each month. A pioneer in Consumer Generated Media, VerticalScope’s targeted network of discussion forums and community web sites have in excess of one million registered members and tens of millions of consumer generated posts, articles, and blog entries. For more information please visit http://www.verticalscope.com/.

No SuperMoto Love? - Underdog.......hold me?

#30 ·
Tony and Ken, this site has made a huge impact on the areas riding culture and you two are to be commended on a fine job steering the site. I've enjoyed being a member under your guidance and wish to thank you for all that you have done.

#32 ·
+1, I got some nice tail off friends of friends on this site over the years as well. Thx bros :cheers lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.