health insurance - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Ride Naked
 
mac11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NashVegas, TN
Posts: 4,205
Location: NashVegas, TN
Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express
           
Send a message via AIM to mac11
health insurance

i'm looking into buying non-employer issued health insurance for the first time. And this looks to be a real pain in the dick.

Right now I'm 28 and in good (i guess?) health. Not on any RX's and don't really go to the Dr. I live in Indiana but will be graduating with my 2nd degree in December and plan on getting the fuck out of here ASAP if the job market allows.

I talked to the guy who provides for my dads small business. He provides United Health Care policies. He was pitching me pretty hard on a health savings account with a $5000 deductible but could do a 80/20 major medical also.

He talked very salesmen. Not knowing shit about the industry, but knowing the salesmen talk I know I'm not being told the whole story, am being given an extremely 1 sided view or being out right lied to.

Any insight in the area or help with what to look for is appreciated

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
mac11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
State Farm offers health insurance. Hit up Polish Pete.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
State Farm offers health insurance. Hit up Polish Pete.
only for one year

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Interesting. Wonder why its just one year.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
Interesting. Wonder why its just one year.
They use Fortis which is an iterem policy when people switch between school and jobs or waiting for open enrollment at a new job (at least that it was used for).

HSA's are good for healthy people who just want a poicy for any catostrophic event. if something should happen, you'll need to cough up the 5k deductible and any co-insurance costs. Don't expect to have any type of medicine/dr vists covered since the deductible usually applies.

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Ride Naked
 
mac11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NashVegas, TN
Posts: 4,205
Location: NashVegas, TN
Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express
           
Send a message via AIM to mac11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditCPA View Post
They use Fortis which is an iterem policy when people switch between school and jobs or waiting for open enrollment at a new job (at least that it was used for).

HSA's are good for healthy people who just want a poicy for any catostrophic event. if something should happen, you'll need to cough up the 5k deductible and any co-insurance costs. Don't expect to have any type of medicine/dr vists covered since the deductible usually applies.
I don't really go to the Drs office or ER but it seems like if I'm paying for health insurance I should be able to.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
mac11 is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac11 View Post
I don't really go to the Drs office or ER but it seems like if I'm paying for health insurance I should be able to.
you will be able to, but your coverage won't be as inclusive as a PPO or HMO policy (but it won't cost as much as these types of policies either).

Just as an example:

Say a PPO would cost $1000/month with a $1000 deductible+copays and coinsurance, and you don't go to the doctor or er during the year. your out of pocket is 12k

the HSA with 5k deductible might cost $500/month or $6000/year out of pocket. Even with the deductible (which you should stash away in saving) you're 1k ahead of the game (of course this is a simplistic example and your broker can do all the # crunching for your real-world scenario)

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 12:52 PM

 
PolishPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbs, IL
Posts: 2,471
Location: Suburbs, IL
Sportbike: 600rr
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: From friends
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
State Farm offers health insurance. Hit up Polish Pete.
Yeah, hit me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2M View Post
only for one year

Well, the policies are written on 1 year terms, and then you renew.

Peter Katowicz
State Farm® - Agent
108 E Lake St. Unit 2
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Office: (630) 980-9809
Fax: (630) 980-9858
[email protected]
www.PeterIsMyAgent.com

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.
PolishPete is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPete View Post
Yeah, hit me up!




Well, the policies are written on 1 year terms, and then you renew.
sorry Pete not trying to stop business from going to you tho when it comes to health insurance gotta look out peeps.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
I've been in the business 31 years. After having multiple companies mess clients over I only sell BCBS. Pick a plan and deductable that fits your budget and be done. $.02

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I've been in the business 31 years. After having multiple companies mess clients over I only sell BCBS. Pick a plan and deductable that fits your budget and be done. $.02

^^^ we had that issue at work finally just went with BCBS

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 AM
God forgives, we don't
 
Turkishexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Aurora
Posts: 210
Location: Aurora
Sportbike: K7 Gixxer 600, 15 KTM Super Duke 1290 R
Years Riding: 5+
How you found us: On the interwebz
    
Good luck man. The health care system is so facked I don't trust any company out there. I had to get non employer insurance when I was getting my realtor license in VA and practiced there for a couple of years. Well paid for it through United Health Care for over a year. Then I had some heart palpitations which my doctor ordered a bunch of tests for. Luckily everything looked good but my insurance company came back and said we're not paying for shit because you didn't check the "other" box on page 576 (making that part up but it was a lot of pages lol) and declare an antibiotic you took 4 years earlier. I was like wtf.

In any case, my general attitude is fack them but good luck!
Turkishexpress is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Ride Naked
 
mac11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NashVegas, TN
Posts: 4,205
Location: NashVegas, TN
Sportbike: z1000
Years Riding: divide by zero error
How you found us: Panda Express
           
Send a message via AIM to mac11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I've been in the business 31 years. After having multiple companies mess clients over I only sell BCBS. Pick a plan and deductable that fits your budget and be done. $.02
BCBS fucked over my family when my mother was pregnant with me so $.02 is that there isnt an insurance company in any market segment that isnt fucking people over as best they can.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
Good luck man. The health care system is so facked I don't trust any company out there. I had to get non employer insurance when I was getting my realtor license in VA and practiced there for a couple of years. Well paid for it through United Health Care for over a year. Then I had some heart palpitations which my doctor ordered a bunch of tests for. Luckily everything looked good but my insurance company came back and said we're not paying for shit because you didn't check the "other" box on page 576 (making that part up but it was a lot of pages lol) and declare an antibiotic you took 4 years earlier. I was like wtf.

In any case, my general attitude is fack them but good luck!

yea i know. the more i talk to ppl the more i see this whole thing is a mess but theres not much else i can do right now.

Quote:
Oh he can drive. He can drive beyond the limits of the tires, the engine, the car or anything else.
mac11 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Old Squid on a Blade
 
Blade Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Carpentersville
Posts: 9,389
Location: Carpentersville
Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac11 View Post
BCBS fucked over my family when my mother was pregnant with me so $.02 is that there isnt an insurance company in any market segment that isnt fucking people over as best they can.
Strange, my employees love that we went back to BCBS and unfortunately we have some BIG claims around here.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Blade Runner is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Grid Marshall.
 
Cerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naperville
Posts: 29,343
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...
           
Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I've been in the business 31 years. After having multiple companies mess clients over I only sell BCBS. Pick a plan and deductable that fits your budget and be done. $.02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
Strange, my employees love that we went back to BCBS and unfortunately we have some BIG claims around here.
BCBS here, absolutely no complaints and WAY cheaper than anything else around.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Cerk is offline  
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Not too Slow Not too Fast
 
RSVMillenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bensenville, IL
Posts: 1,634
Location: Bensenville, IL
Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com
           
Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
Move to Canada or EU or Australia or any other place in the world. They all offer public health.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
RSVMillenian is offline  
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
Move to Canada or EU or Australia or any other place in the world. They all offer public health.
and then when you get sick and need treatment, you can fly back and visit the states!

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline  
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,696
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditCPA View Post
and then when you get sick and need treatment, you can fly back and visit the states!

oh snap, Obama bots, socialists, and conspiracy theorists got 0wn3d.
taledarkside is offline  
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Not too Slow Not too Fast
 
RSVMillenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Bensenville, IL
Posts: 1,634
Location: Bensenville, IL
Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com
           
Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditCPA View Post
and then when you get sick and need treatment, you can fly back and visit the states!
Interesting?

With such a great health care system, how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy? One common denominator for the 37 countries placed higher than US is the universal health care system.

The U.S. has fewer doctors per capita than comparable countries, and fewer hospital beds. But to be fair, US spends more on advanced diagnostic equipment and health tests. Which only increase the cost of health insurance without improving lives.

Two of you are poster children for the evolution theory. God would have never created such an idiot like TDS, therefore, you must have descended from the monkeys. Case solved!

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
RSVMillenian is offline  
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
Interesting?

With such a great health care system, how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy? One common denominator for the 37 countries placed higher than US is the universal health care system.

The U.S. has fewer doctors per capita than comparable countries, and fewer hospital beds. But to be fair, US spends more on advanced diagnostic equipment and health tests. Which only increase the cost of health insurance without improving lives.

Two of you are poster children for the evolution theory. God would have never created such an idiot like TDS, therefore, you must have descended from the monkeys. Case solved!
Ah...name calling..the typical lib response when someone disagrees with them (lighten up Francis...not everyone is going to agree with you, and besides based on your theory you would still be from the ooze that life evolved from!).

Just based on personal experience, my uncle (a Canadian) who had a blocked carotid artery (otherwise physically fit) had to wait 4 months before surgery could be performed because of the "wonderful" bureuacratic system Canada has. Luckily he had a winter home in FL and got it taken care of immediately.

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"

Last edited by BanditCPA; 08-15-2012 at 04:18 PM.
BanditCPA is offline  
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,696
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
Interesting?

With such a great health care system, how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy? One common denominator for the 37 countries placed higher than US is the universal health care system.

The U.S. has fewer doctors per capita than comparable countries, and fewer hospital beds. But to be fair, US spends more on advanced diagnostic equipment and health tests. Which only increase the cost of health insurance without improving lives.

Two of you are poster children for the evolution theory. God would have never created such an idiot like TDS, therefore, you must have descended from the monkeys. Case solved!

either a liberal or a conspiracy theorist.

Quote:
how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy?
And how is a good hospital going to cure obesity? Or how is a hospital going to cure the murder rate in the ghetto? Deadly car accidents?


Quote:
The U.S. has fewer doctors per capita than comparable countries
I have no problem seeing a doctor if i need one.


Quote:
Which only increase the cost of health insurance without improving lives
yes i know, we should inject people with steroids to improve peoples lives. Or give them borg implants to improve their lives.


Quote:
God would have never created such an idiot like TDS, therefore, you must have descended from the monkeys. Case solved!
Cool story bro. I know, you are not gonna reply back because you gonna run away like liberals do, when you have to counter a point after you stated your uneducated opinion.
taledarkside is offline  
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
Move to Canada or EU or Australia or any other place in the world. They all offer public health.
You get what you pay for.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
With such a great health care system, how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy? One common denominator for the 37 countries placed higher than US is the universal health care system.
D you're kidding right? Its not UHCS that places Americans a 38th. Compare lifestyles and obesity rates. We never walk anywhere, we sit on our asses eating fast food, we over eat in general, we don't exercise (when was the last time you did "One hour of vigorous exercise, 5 times a week" that's what the surgeon general now recommends) Obesity rates in this country are now in the "epidemic" range, type 2 diabetes also. You can have the best health care system in the world, its useless if you don't take care of yourself.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditCPA View Post
Ah...name calling..the typical lib response when someone disagrees with them (lighten up Francis...not everyone is going to agree with you, and besides based on your theory you would still be from the ooze that life evolved from!).

Just based on personal experience, my uncle (a Canadian) who had a blocked carotid artery (otherwise physically fit) had to wait 4 months before surgery could be performed because of the "wonderful" bureuacratic system Canada has. Luckily he had a winter home in FL and got it taken care of immediately.
Bernie....as a Canadian I limped around for almost 2 years on crutches and a cane, before I got surgery to repair my left leg, two f*cking years And the only reason it was longer was my PC doctor was the team doctor for the Bluejays and pulled strings.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Moderator
 
Chills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 23,640
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957 View Post
D you're kidding right? Its not UHCS that places Americans a 38th. Compare lifestyles and obesity rates. We never walk anywhere, we sit on our asses eating fast food, we over eat in general, we don't exercise (when was the last time you did "One hour of vigorous exercise, 5 times a week" that's what the surgeon general now recommends) Obesity rates in this country are now in the "epidemic" range, type 2 diabetes also. You can have the best health care system in the world, its useless if you don't take care of yourself.
I actually agree with Rick for once!

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
Chills is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
I actually agree with Rick for once!
WTF have I done!

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC1957 View Post
WTF have I done!
Logic and common sense win every time!

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Grid Marshall.
 
Cerk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naperville
Posts: 29,343
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...
           
Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVMillenian View Post
Interesting?

With such a great health care system, how come we are ranked 38 in Life Expectancy? One common denominator for the 37 countries placed higher than US is the universal health care system.

The U.S. has fewer doctors per capita than comparable countries, and fewer hospital beds. But to be fair, US spends more on advanced diagnostic equipment and health tests. Which only increase the cost of health insurance without improving lives.

Two of you are poster children for the evolution theory. God would have never created such an idiot like TDS, therefore, you must have descended from the monkeys. Case solved!
Simply staggering.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
Cerk is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Pierced & tattooed freak!
 
GixxerDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 3,045
Location: Oswego, IL
Sportbike: 1999 GSX-R750
Years Riding: "None of your bleepin' business!" - Joe Pesci
How you found us: Read about it in a fortune cookie
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runner View Post
I've been in the business 31 years. After having multiple companies mess clients over I only sell BCBS. Pick a plan and deductable that fits your budget and be done. $.02
I agree ... BCBS is the least bullshitty of all of them. I never had to call BCBS because of claim errors. Humana, Cigna, and Aetna are the 3 worst, based on my experience with having to argue with them repeatedly to get them to pay valid claims.

Dante: [to Randal] You never go ass-to-mouth!
Randal: [to Dante] Would you grow up!
Becky: [to Dante] OK, I'm only telling you this because we're friends, but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, it's forgivable to go ass-to-mouth.
Randal: [chuckling] Ha! I knew it.
GixxerDave is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered User
 
Zmit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: EAST of CL
Posts: 2
Location: EAST of CL
Sportbike: VF Series
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: Google
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac11 View Post
i'm looking into buying non-employer issued health insurance for the first time. And this looks to be a real pain in the dick.

Right now I'm 28 and in good (i guess?) health. Not on any RX's and don't really go to the Dr. I live in Indiana but will be graduating with my 2nd degree in December and plan on getting the fuck out of here ASAP if the job market allows.

I talked to the guy who provides for my dads small business. He provides United Health Care policies. He was pitching me pretty hard on a health savings account with a $5000 deductible but could do a 80/20 major medical also.

He talked very salesmen. Not knowing shit about the industry, but knowing the salesmen talk I know I'm not being told the whole story, am being given an extremely 1 sided view or being out right lied to.

Any insight in the area or help with what to look for is appreciated
You should definitely try state farm insurance, it's a little bit less of a pain.

@rick SO true

Live life to the fullest!

insurance
Zmit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome