Sick Of These PED Charges In Sports - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Sick Of These PED Charges In Sports

I say if these motherfuckers are getting paid millions to swing bats, tackle dudes, peddle bikes, swim in a pool, or even turn laps on a 1000, let 'em juice the fuck up - I wanna see a 27-19 Baseball game with the D Train Runnin - I wanna see 350lbs lineman blocking for the back and just smashing the fuck outta someone - FUCK IT - it is their body and they are the ones who have to live with the consequences after they retire

I know the main argument is "For The Record Books" - Hey, START A NEW FUCKING RECORD BOOK????? - Fuck it, who cares - IT IS SPORT - let 'em do what they want for our entertainment a that is what it is really for - They get paid millions to play for our entertainment so fucking juice so I don't lose interest.....fuck yeah, supersize that shit

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Worked out pretty awesome in the Last Boy Scout. I agree!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:00 AM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

Have too disagree, Bug...The main argument is NOT the record books. The MAIN argument is about the youth...the kids who aspire too be like these athletes...the example being set. What happens is kids get all wrapped up in juicing and never make it to the top of the sport they aspire to compete in...Now you have thousands walking around seriously damaged by steroids...Also...it detracts from the purity of human endavor...if you can blow off the hard work and dedication to reach the top and just juice your way there...what's the point?

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Sportbike: I don't ride
How you found us: google

to get the benefits from juicing, you do need hard work and dedication. Shit don't magically make you badass. I know because I weigh 133lbs and can bench press 1500lbs.

<---- Useless Mufugga
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Ciao Marco

Sportbike: 50 cc Chinese POS
Years Riding: best years of my life..
How you found us: member

Same Circus, Different Clown
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
Have too disagree, Bug...The main argument is NOT the record books. The MAIN argument is about the youth...the kids who aspire too be like these athletes...the example being set. What happens is kids get all wrapped up in juicing and never make it to the top of the sport they aspire to compete in...Now you have thousands walking around seriously damaged by steroids...Also...it detracts from the purity of human endavor...if you can blow off the hard work and dedication to reach the top and just juice your way there...what's the point?
Dude, don't be like that and jump on the "Society" bandwagon - I supposed the kid's parents who offed himself while listening to Ozzy Osbourne had a case too huh? - That is a Parents Job, not a "Sport's Job" to educate the kids

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 AM

Like it or not Sports heroes are role models. I agree good parenting is important in all aspects of raising kids but parents need help and one of the places they should get it is from the highly paid and glorified athletes that kids look up to.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Clever Girl

Sportbike: 'Fightered F3
Years Riding: 3 years
How you found us: I woke up here.

Send a message via AIM to Noodles
I completely agree.

Shit, I bet most, if not all, of those people at the top of their respective sports at one time or another have used some sort of "enhancement drug." Guess what all the best players on my high schools football team were doing? Lifting, eating and injecting steroids. Same shit going into college. You just have to stop a couple months prior to a drug test, which you know when it's going to be way in advance (for most athletes).

They're all doing it anyway, make it legal, allow them to be educated on the proper way to use it, get it from legit sources and not some underground lab in Thailand and everything will be fine.

You'll always have the few that overdo it and seriously hurt themselves or die, but you have that now, so what's the difference?

To me, this topic is similar to the War on Drugs. Legalize the shit and make it safer. You're not going to stop the use of it, so educate people on how to use safely and properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
and one of the places they should get it is from the highly paid and glorified athletes that kids look up to.
I disagree - Because I play a Sport, I have to be a a model citizen because you can't be strong enough to explain to your kid that it is a "Sport" and with that sport comes a consequence?

post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Bug

I love Fro - jeff Emig just Tweeted, "I did PDD, Performance Decreasing Drugs and got to keep my medals....

post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I love Fro - jeff Emig just Tweeted, "I did PDD, Performance Decreasing Drugs and got to keep my medals....
But...It still cost him his career!

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
But...It still cost him his career!
He was past his prime and is prob making more $$ now and enjoying life a helluvah lot more - Between Speed, CBS Sports and Fuel TV and still being a (4) time AMA Champ, he is fine - He surfs everyday when he is home in SoCal and still gets free bikes from Kawi and is one of their test riders and spokesmen - He hangs out with Ronnie Renner and plays Golf with Celebs - Home boy has quite the life

I would say my man is doing JUST fine

post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 AM

^^^ All true and I don't begrudge him but, his career still ended in controversy and smoking the "evil weed" is alot different than the ravages of anabolic steroid use.
It doesn't brittle the bones, shrink the genitals, devastate sex drive, contribute to many devastating cancers including cancer of the brain, cause uncontrollable acne with gigantic draining pusstuals, shorten life expectancy by decades, cause overwhelming rage that often leads to extreme and sometimes deadly violent behavior...the list goes on and it doesn't get any more attractive...mostly uglier!

EDIT: For the record I am a Lance Armstrong fan and supporter. I believe him when he says he did not use performance enhancers...Someone who went through the cancer he did would be a fool to use them and Lance Armstrong doesn't strike me as a fool...Yes...he has alot against him but have you noticed that it's all coming from those who would love nothing more than to drag him down...including the French who from the beginning have HATED the fact that an American came and dominated the ONLY sporting event they could claim as exclusively their own...I say prove he used them...don't just strip him because he's gotten weary of the fight!

Last edited by OldTimeBiker; 08-24-2012 at 12:06 PM.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Yes but it was Lance's Choice to do so if he did - Would he have been that great without it if he did? - We'll never know

All I am saying with this thread is that if an athlete chooses to do so for the better of the sport he is getting paid millions to play, why not? - It is his choice to do so and we as viewers all benefit for the enhanced performance of the sport - If we are worried about the record books or possible role model implications, that is OUR concern, not the concern of the sport - They are they to play and provide entertainment and get paid to do so - Who are we to question the way in which the choose to do it?

Last edited by Bug; 08-24-2012 at 12:12 PM.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 12:45 PM

Well...I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one, my friend.

post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
^^^ All true and I don't begrudge him but, his career still ended in controversy and smoking the "evil weed" is alot different than the ravages of anabolic steroid use.
It doesn't brittle the bones, shrink the genitals, devastate sex drive, contribute to many devastating cancers including cancer of the brain, cause uncontrollable acne with gigantic draining pusstuals, shorten life expectancy by decades, cause overwhelming rage that often leads to extreme and sometimes deadly violent behavior...the list goes on and it doesn't get any more attractive...mostly uglier!
Everything you listed could easily be solved with proper steroid use. Every one likes to vilify them because like I said in my previous post, people are going to use them so they get their hands on them however they can.

The list you gave is from oral steroid use, which are very harsh. This could easily be solved by using medical grade injection steroids along with PCT.

Yes, I've researched steroids a lot. No, I've never used them.

Quote:
Noodles accepts no liability for the content of this post, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Noodles.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 02:56 PM

^^^ AND...Maybe that could be valid for a pro athlete under strict medical supervision but a 16 year old that's striving to be the best on his high school team so he has a shot at scholarship will take and use what he can get...Side effects? Long term consequences? Risks? How many 16 year olds or even 20 year olds with a shot at the NFL when he completes his college eligibility even has any of those words or concepts in their vocabulary or thoughts?
A line needs to be drawn...draw it right at the beginning...no steroids...PERIOD...end of story. Get caught, you're out!

Last edited by OldTimeBiker; 08-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Clever Girl

Quote:
^^^ AND...Maybe that could be valid for a pro athlete under strict medical supervision but a 16 year old that's striving to be the best on his high school team so he has a shot at scholarship will take and use what he can get...Side effects? Long term consequences? Risks? How many 16 year olds or even 20 year olds with a shot at the NFL when he completes his college eligibility even has any of those words or concepts in their vocabulary or thoughts?
A line needs to be drawn...draw it right at the beginning...no steroids...PERIOD...end of story. Get caught, you're out!
That's my whole point, except the line doesn't do any thing except encourage kids to hide it, to take low grade, dangerously manufactured, extremely harsh products without any sort of education.

If you think because it's illegal that it's stopping any one that wants to compete in the NFL, you're being extremely naive.

Go on google and type in "purchase steroids online" and you'll be able to get any thing you want for oral steroids that are 100% legal to purchase and use in the USA. Now, you will pop a drug test with them, but they will be out of your system and undetectable in 8 weeks. They will allow to you build a lot more muscle than without like advertised.

The problem with this is that the shit you can buy like that is a lot more dangerous and harmful on the body than medical grade steroids which you can still get, but it requires a significant amount of effort to do.

Alcohol is illegal under the age of 21. Ever heard of any high school students drinking? How about weed/coke/Ecstasy/etc? Those carry a much higher risk than steroids yet look at how many high school kids are doing those.

Quote:
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

I agree with Bug. Let em juice. Athletes are role models? Bunch of gang banging wife beating thugs is more like it. They're entertainers and I'd be more entertained if a football field was a blood bath. You have Olympic athletes with mechanical legs and that's OK. If he'd cut his legs off for the purpose of getting prosthetics would it be cheating? The goal is to run fast so why limit it? Drugs, mechanics, cattle prods, all's fair.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 04:59 AM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

I want to see 36 inch quads ripping cranks off bikes at 50mph however possible. Nuclear fluid, drugs, possum piss, or good old fashioned hard work, I don't care. Bring on the freaks. Let's get to work.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 05:14 AM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

By the way, one of our own CLSBers, Rick, has hit 48 in the flats and is obviously doping, but just turned 93 last week and is still sexy as hell with no health issues and still goes on concert tours with the Village People. Nothing wrong with steroids.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
By the way, one of our own CLSBers, Rick, has hit 48 in the flats and is obviously doping, but just turned 93 last week and is still sexy as hell with no health issues and still goes on concert tours with the Village People. Nothing wrong with steroids.
You're jealous I should post up my 55th birthday beef cake shot, but all the women would swoon FYI I have never done any performance enhancing drugs, all the drugs I do make me slow and hungry.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Sportbike: RC31
Years Riding: Since '03
How you found us: it's a small world afterall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't blood doping with EPO for endurance sports different than taking steroids? I mean, they're both performance enhancers and both have risks, but they function differently, yes?

Swift Molly's Motor Circus
Michelin Woodcraft Armour Bodies Spyder Leatherworks STT STG

UNAPOLOGETIC FAN OF THINGS THAT ARE OLD AND SLOW
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 AM

^^^ You're correct...There are several forms of doping for performance and as you say they all carry risks.
So...Those of you that think artificially enhancing performance should be allowed let me ask you this...You have a 14 year old son who wants to make the Olympic cycling team 4 years from now...will you help him by allowing him to use PED's? How about if his goal is to be a college baseball star or to be the best football player on his high school team and eventually get a scholarship and go on to the NFL? It's your son (or daughter) we're talking about now...not some "entertainer"...just someone that wants to be an "entertainer" who is your flesh & blood... is "Let 'em Juice" still your position?

post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Grid Marshall.

Sportbike: Tweener
Years Riding: Do I have to start over now?
How you found us: Followed the Bread Crumbs...

Send a message via AIM to Cerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I say if these motherfuckers are getting paid millions to swing bats, tackle dudes, peddle bikes, swim in a pool, or even turn laps on a 1000, let 'em juice the fuck up - I wanna see a 27-19 Baseball game with the D Train Runnin - I wanna see 350lbs lineman blocking for the back and just smashing the fuck outta someone - FUCK IT - it is their body and they are the ones who have to live with the consequences after they retire

I know the main argument is "For The Record Books" - Hey, START A NEW FUCKING RECORD BOOK????? - Fuck it, who cares - IT IS SPORT - let 'em do what they want for our entertainment a that is what it is really for - They get paid millions to play for our entertainment so fucking juice so I don't lose interest.....fuck yeah, supersize that shit
I'll tell you why I COMPLETELY disagree with you...because for everyone of these pieces of crap that cheat their way to a pro paycheck, there's someone else sent home to work at a bank or in the office who didn't cheat. I know this from personal experience, watched it happen to a family member. Everyone of these cheating bastards is filling a roster spot that would otherwise go to someone else....someone who has worked tirelessly to better their craft without use of supplements. Someone who did it honestly.

How is that fair?

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacitus
In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.

Last edited by Cerk; 08-25-2012 at 11:10 AM.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-25-2012, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerk View Post
I'll tell you why I COMPLETELY disagree with you...because for everyone of these pieces of crap that cheat their way to a pro paycheck, there's someone else sent home to work at a bank or in the office who didn't cheat. I know this from personal experience, watched it happen to a family member. Everyone of these cheating bastards is filling a roster spot that would otherwise go to someone else....someone who has worked tirelessly to better their craft without use of supplements. Someone who did it honestly.

How is that fair?
You sound like the Dad in "American History X"

post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Grid Marshall.

Easy to say for someone sitting on the sidelines enjoying the entertainment. Try busting your ass from the time you're 5 years old, giving up all of your free time, your party years...nearly every spare moment year round for decades by completely dedicating yourself to your sport and the training that goes along with it...and then try giving it up because a bunch of cheating sonsabitches out-stat you...people that wouldn't be able to compete at your level without cheating.

It's complete bullshit.

Tom

Quote:
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Bug

If that's what it takes then you have two options, rest on your laurels or jump in the fun

post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 04:33 PM
TOOS Racing

Sportbike: gsxr 1000 gsxr 750
Years Riding: enough to know better
How you found us: googled "pussies on bikes"

does anybody think actors juice for roles?

brad pitt in troy or fight club.
ed norton in american history x.
sly stallone in everything.

i agree with you cerk, but fuck it. i would rather see a guy crush a 500 foot dinger then screw himself into the ground on strike 3 verses a sac bunt and a single slapped the other way.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Grid Marshall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennywags View Post

i agree with you cerk, but fuck it. i would rather see a guy crush a 500 foot dinger then screw himself into the ground on strike 3 verses a sac bunt and a single slapped the other way.
I dig a legit 500' home run a heck of a lot more than the comic book characters putting up 60+ in the late 90s!

Tom

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode