Gotta Love This Kid - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

Gotta Love This Kid

We all saw the initial Vid but I am happy to see the kid is doing better now...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: Scout 67

I used to get bullied too when I was a kid. I was always told "be the bigger man walk away" by teachers. I used to come home crying. One day my mother watched a kid jump on me from the fireman pole smashing me on the ground. My mother bitched and nothing got done. She told me to fight back. The next day I told the kid to slide down the pole first. I jumped on him smashing him to the floor. He cried that day. From that point on I hit "THE SWITCH" and said pretty much in my head I'm not going to deal with people's bullshit anymore. I got real violent when someone would pick on me I'd send them home with a black eye constantly getting in trouble. My mother had my back the whole time saying how when my son gets hurt nobody gave two shits, now that it's another student it's a big deal. This was before they had all these "Bully Free Zone" and "Anti-Bully Classroom" days.

Fast forward to about mid 00's I had a part time job to help pay for a turbo kit for my car. One of the kids I went to highschool with got kicked off a milk crate while smoking a cigarette (23) I was (24) approx. The assistant manager was the guy that did it. I was pretty disgusted. I did not know what was to be my current day friend other than a face in school. I told the assistant manager you don't have any right to pick on someone especially on there break. I told him there is nothing wrong with sitting on a milk crate and smoking. The victim told me to leave it alone. He said don't mess with him because he picks on everyone. I became upset saying something like "that's bullshit!" I could have given a rats ass if I lost my job that day being that he was the assistant manager of the store. I only had this job for maybe 2 weeks so I was a brand new employee. The guy got cocky with me stating things like "I know how to fight" yeah well I do too, but I didn't say anything and kept that a secret. He put his hands up in some retarded boxing stance... I grabbed his hand in a wrist lock and spun around slamming him on the ground and rear naked choking him out. His elbow was bleeding pretty bad and his eyes were completely blood shot. I told him he could fucking fire me. He never did. He never picked on the victim again, who to this day is actually a really good buddy of mine. Well word spread in the store that I stood up for the victim. The assistant manager got transfered to another store. I don't know if the manager got wind of it, I'm sure he did and transfered him or if the assistant just left on his own. I hate bullying. Just because you can fight DOES NOT give you the right be an asshole. There is always a bigger fish in the sea. I felt good to be able to help someone. I'd do it all over again if need be. It's one thing to poke a joke in a loving sense at someone but to get physical is not acceptable.

Anyways before someone says it I will, COOL STORY BRO!

LOL

Last edited by LockDownMike; 08-27-2012 at 08:32 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

One act of self-defense did what all those anti-bullying programs failed to do - actually stop a bully. Educational establishment, please take note before you hand out the same punishment to a victim as the aggressor.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see if Casey is now friends with the kid who attacked him, or if they will become friends in the future.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Good for him. Nobody deserves to get bullied and because he stood up and actually fought back after he couldn't take anymore, the issue is no longer an issue.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode