Parking In Chicago - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

Parking In Chicago

Hey guys... so I got a call from the woman I am renting a space from in Lakeview, apparently the management for the building informed her they will be towing both my bikes - because parking a motorcycle in the parking facility is against their homeowners association rules. They claim motorcycles make too much noise and are a nuisance to people living there...

Both of mine are pretty quiet but I can understand they don't want loud harelys and stuff.

So I was planning on selling one of them anyway - the KLR 650, realized owning a car is more advantageous way of getting to work.

But the Daytona 675 will have no where to go. I was hoping someone on here lives in the city and could offer up some temporary parking till I find a more permanent place to park. Let me know through pm's or posts on here. I'm pretty pissed at the moment - but they gave me until Friday at 5:00 pm.

I'm currently on the road to an interview is N.W. Iowa and I'll be back late Thursday night. So I'll have to figure all this out on Friday.

Probably gonna end up selling the KLR to a dealer to just get rid of it quickly so I guess that's for sale too. 03' KLR 650 under 8k miles all service receipts and all the original dealer forms and such. Runs great and just had the oil changed less than 30 miles ago as well as rebuilt front master cylinder, a new clutch cable, and new grips. The pads are in good shape and the the Rear D606 tire is good too. Front might need to be replaced soonish but it still has decent tread depth. I've got a pair of Kenda K270 tubes but no tires if ya decide to go that route. I'm asking around 2k but open to offers.

Last edited by JRobbins; 09-26-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 PM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

If you're in a jam and need a place to keep it for a while let me know. I have room for a while until the storage bikes start piling in.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
I am the Stig.

Sportbike: 09' Triumph Daytona 675, 06' Triumph Thruxton, 74' CB360
Years Riding: Some say he's been ridin motorcycles since before they were invented... all we know is he's the Stig
How you found us: Met Chills while rockclimbing.

Thanks ken, I might take you up on that for the D675. I'll let you know soon.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I've got a secure warehouse if you need a spot.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 07:27 AM

Sportbike: KTM 690 SM
Years Riding: A little bit.
How you found us: I had the strangest dream.

I believe our garage might rent to outsiders. I live a LSD and Addison. Phone number is 773-296-0286 ask for the manager Matt during 9-5 hours. It's pioneer parking they have a few lots. Also I used to park my bike at 3450 LSD before they allowed bikes here. I can't remember that garage phone # number.

So she flat out said they were going to tow them? Not, hey please move you bikes because they aren't allowed? That's odd.

You could always go to the board and ask them for parking rights too. That's what I did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode