Bears fan from Lake Villa stabbed and killed in Jacksonville - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2012, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Bears fan from Lake Villa stabbed and killed in Jacksonville

Shortly before leaving on a flight from Milwaukee on Friday to attend the Bears game in Jacksonville Fla., William Christopher Pettry posted "GO BEARS!" on his Facebook page, said his cousin Quincy Asbury Jr.

From reading the posting, Asbury knew how excited Pettry was to be making the trip with his best friend. Pettry was an avid Bears fan who was often too busy working at his construction and remodeling company and helping his wife raise their three children to take the time to go to games in Chicago.

Pettry, 42, of Lake Villa would never make the game because he was fatally stabbed early Sunday morning inside a restaurant where he was eating and drinking with a group of other Bears fans, Asbury said.

"He was such a huge Bears fan ... He never got to go to the Bears game, he never got to enjoy it," said Asbury, who can't understand how anyone would hurt him. "He was always the guy that made you laugh."

Pettry was stabbed at Fionn MacCools, 2 W. Independent Dr., an upscale Irish restaurant about a block from the hotel where he was staying, which also happened to be where the Bears team was also lodged.

Asbury, a River Grove police officer, said he spoke with Pettry's best friend after the stabbing and said he still doesn't understand what happened.

He said that the friend told him he was with a large group of other Bears fans enjoying the evening. He said near the end he went to go to the bathroom and promised to return with a round of drinks.

Instead he stepped out to an outdoor patio, and the friend told him a waitress came back to tell Pettry's friend that Pettry was hurt.

"They didn't know what to tell him. They told him your friend isn't feeling well, he went up to the front and he (Pettry) was on the floor and it was over," said Asbury."I'm still at a loss as to how he goes from the washroom to get another round to ... he never made it back."

According to a press release from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, police said they were called to the scene at 1:43 a.m.

Police have charged Matthew Hinson, 28, of Jacksonville with homicide in the slaying, police said.

Police said in a press release that Pettry was involved in a "disturbance" with two other individuals at the restaurant in Jacksonville Landing, a downtown shopping/dining/entertainment venue. Hinson was arrested after the incident and charged Sunday evening.

On her Facebook page, Pettry's wife Karen said that she was shocked by the news and is scrambling for answers.

"I'm so numb and I still can not believe it is true," wrote Karen Pettry. "Today my husband William Christopher Pettry (Most of you only know him by Chris) was taken from his family way too early."

"Some idiot has taken his life. Im so mad, just don't understand why, very lost right now," she wrote. "Please hug the ones you love because you never know if tomorrow you will have that chance."

The stabbing occurred near a hotel where the Chicago Bears were staying before their game this afternoon against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

http://touch.chicagotribune.com/#sec.../p2p-72770343/

This happened in a very fun part of Jax. Mandy, Abi, and I have been there plenty of times, and Mandy's favorite resturant in Jax is right next door to here. My heart goes out to his family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Wow

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:33 AM
U-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D

Sportbike: 04 GSXR6
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: I thought it was a line for muffins

Send a message via AIM to FiReBReTHa
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2M View Post
Wow
It happened in FL

should take the wow factor away for ya.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 AM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiReBReTHa View Post
It happened in FL

should take the wow factor away for ya.
Thanks for pointing that out its not like i didnt gather that part or the part where dave says he has been there before

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

sucks that it happened.

This happens a lot with soccer games in europe, but they mainly beat the crap out of you.

feel bad for the family. Losing a husband/father over something stupid.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
The guy killed is a friend of my friend. Totally sucks

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 12:02 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

Motives ?

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:07 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000/GSXR1000
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Buddy

Send a message via MSN to BFLY
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Motives ?
Someone got but hurt and it ended his life like most motives.

過労死
--------------------------------------------
Brian
Nesba #98
CBR1000
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Wow the detailed story was in the suntimes

He was on phone with wife and the guy walked up and cut his throat and walked away like nothing happened

Appears the police gave him a steady ass whooping to judging by his face

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Thee original azzhole!

Sportbike: 97 900rr-rip 09/09, 69 chevelle SS, & ???
Years Riding: it doesnt matter
How you found us: i see all

Send a message via AIM to Thunderstruck
Prelim report from cops say it was because pettry was talking to the suspects wife and the douchebag got jealous about it. Wtf?!

...plus my gf was with me saying "omg slow down, slow down" and I was thinking "Lose annoying squalk box in passenger seat, afford more mods and have less weight in the car and on the back of the bike"...so i dumped her and I'm single again as usual...HERE KITTY KITTY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
pussy is the root of all evil...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunny View Post
mmmm pussy
You dont like me....i dont give a fuck...cause i'll still put ya in the hospital...me tollerating you is all that matters...

Last edited by Thunderstruck; 10-09-2012 at 05:14 AM.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

http://www.suntimes.com/15630528-761...fe-police.html

Quote:
The throat-slashing murder of a Bears fan who went to Florida for Sunday’s game happened after an apparently jealous former military man saw Chris Pettry talking to his wife at an Irish bar, police said Monday.

Moments before the father of three was killed inside a Jacksonville, Fla. bar early Sunday, Pettry, of Lake Villa, had been talking to Matthew Reid Hinson’s wife at the bar, Jacksonville sheriff’s investigators said late Monday morning.

“For some reason, he became jealous, enraged, whatever you want to call it, and approached our victim,” said Jacksonville Sheriff’s Lt. Rob Schoonover. “According to one of the eyewitnesses, he calmly and basically cold-blooded just cut the victim’s throat, and calmly walked out of the restaurant.”

Police said Hinson confessed to the crime after being arrested in his truck shortly after the murder.

They found a small pocket knife believed to be the murder weapon. “During a subsequent interview post Miranda, Hinson gives admissions to stabbing the victim but also alleged he does not remember his reasons for doing so,” according to a police report.

Hinson, 27, was in the Duval County jail Monday, suspected of killing William Christopher “Chris” Pettry, 42, who was in Jacksonville to see the Bears play, police said.

Police said the slaying had nothing to do with Pettry being a Bears fan or any kind of football rivalry.

Bears coach Lovie Smith spoke about Pettry during his Monday press conference.

“Like we talked about last week, our fans were outstanding,” Smith said. “From the hotel and throughout the game, we had a lot of people who came down to support us. Pettry was one of them.

“You know, one of our loyal supporters that was killed as he came to Jacksonville to support his favorite team so our prayers definitely go out to his family.”

The slaying happened shortly after midnight Sunday, inside Fionn MacCool’s, an Irish bar and restaurant.

“Independent eyewitnesses gave detailed accounts of the incident,” according to a statement posted on the sheriff’s office website earlier Monday. “Each described how the suspect cut the victim and calmly walked out of the establishment.”

Quincy Asbury Jr. said his cousin was a devoted father to his three children, including a son who played football in Lake Villa. His wife of many years was too distraught to speak to anyone. Pettry’s stepfather died just a few weeks ago, Asbury said.

He’d gone to Jacksonville with his best friend to watch the football game, and the pair joined hundreds of other Bears fans at the bar.

The friend told Asbury Sunday on the telephone that he and Pettry were out on the bar’s patio when Pettry left for the restroom, then to the bar to re-up their drinks. He didn’t return.

“[The friend] told me explicitly nothing was going on. Chris wasn’t in any kind of altercation, nothing of that sort.

“What could you do to a person in a 20-25 minute timeframe to warrant that kind of rage?”

Pettry’s family is still awaiting answers. Fighting is out of character for him. So is chatting up women, Asbury said.

“We’re trying to just figure out, we got so many conflicting things: He was fighting, he was doing nothing, he was talking. Evidently there’s nothing I’ve seen that would indicate any kind of confrontation, provocation,” Asbury said. “I don’t know how that warrants slashing someone’s throat.

“I don’t know if this guy had a mental breakdown or what,” Asbury said. “You can’t get in a person’s mind.”

Police arrested Hinson inside his truck a short while after the incident, the sheriff’s office said. Investigators recovered what Schoonover described as a “little pocket knife.”

A jail mugshot shows Hinson’s face to be bruised and bloodied. In a posting on its Facebook page, the sheriff’s office said: “The suspect got his injuries when he was arrested by police. When police made contact with him, he resisted. The injuries were not from the victim.”

Pettry, 42, was transported to a local hospital, where he later died.

Pettry owned his own construction-remodeling business. “He helped family members, offered you work,” if you needed it, Asbury said. “He’s a hard worker.”

Pettry’s wife, Karen, wrote about the tragedy on her Facebook page Sunday, saying: “I’m so numb and I still cannot believe it is true. ...

“Today my husband William Christopher Pettry (Most of you only know him by Chris) was taken from his family way to early. Some idiot has taken his life. Im so mad, just don’t understand why, very lost right now. Please hug the ones you love because you never know if tomorrow you will have that chance.”

Karen Pettry also posted a poem that read:

“So hold your loved ones close today,

“And whisper in their ear,

“Tell them how much you love them

“And that you’ll always hold them dear

“Take time to say ‘I’m sorry,’ ‘Please

“Forgive me,’ ‘thank you,’ or ‘It’s okay.’

“And if tomorrow never comes, You’ll have no regrets about today.”

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
seriously

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Florida troopers are not gentle when making an arrest. I hope he gets the death penalty.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Chief Apex Inspector

Sportbike: The Bird is the *word* - XX
Years Riding: Lots
How you found us: Stuck on the bottom of my race boot.......

That was just cold blooded ...... Sad.

Tom

T2
It's ALL between the ears.....
NESBA Midwest CR #82 ( Hey - T2! ) Retired ?
FJR and a Big Red Wing-Thing
BLARNEY's GARAGE
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
PIKUACH NEFESH

Sportbike: Italian,British,Japanese,Czech
Years Riding: LONG TIME
How you found us: CRR

There has to be more to it than that , right ? It reads like a movie script .

MOTO AND MOTOR
1906 TECHNY RD.
NORTHBROOK IL 60062

SALES*SERVICE*PARTS
847-790-4848
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANIMAL View Post
Motives ?
Stan here is ur motive

Missing a few more French fries then even out stupidest members Tcm and gone for good

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 08:07 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Extreme paranoia and violent behavior? Hallucinations and detachment disorder? No memory?

Hope his time on death row is short and miserable.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode