Props to the Chicago bears - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Props to the Chicago bears

It's awesome seeing them helping out the wife of the fan that was killed in Florida. It's a shame that her husband had no life insurance policy to help out a bit. But from reading they are setting her up financially to make sure she doesn't lose the house

Best play by the bears this year props

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

Stand up move. Makes me proud to have been born in Chicago.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:13 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Very sweet. Love em or hate em, gotta give them a standing ovation for that move. Wish this kind of stories would hit the news more often.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 07:55 PM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

Awesome
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...slain-fan.html

Quote:
Late Sunday night, as the Bears were shuttling to the airport in Jacksonville, Fla., receiver Brandon Marshall read tragic news.

Bears fan Chris Pettry of Lake Villa had his throat slashed by Matthew Hinson at a Jacksonville bar early Sunday morning. Authorities arrested Hinson a short time later, and he confessed to the crime.

“When you get a win, especially the way we did, it really feels good. It’s something special,” Marshall told the Sun-Times. “But on the way to the airplane, to read the story, it just deflated me.”

Pettry’s death resonated with the Bears.

Coach Lovie Smith had lauded Bears fans repeatedly in recent weeks for traveling well and chanting, “Let’s go Bears!” at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas and EverBank Field in Jacksonville. Pettry was one of those passionate fans, which is why Smith opened his news conference Monday by offering his condolences to his family.

“Our fans were outstanding,” Smith said. “From the hotel and of course throughout the game, we had a lot of people who came down to support us. [Chris] Pettry was one of them, one of our loyal supporters that was killed as he came to Jacksonville to support his favorite team. So our prayers definitely go out to his family.”

The Bears have their bye this week, but players separately offered to help Pettry’s widow, Karen. Marshall and his wife, Michi, contacted her.

“The biggest thing was to encourage her and let her know they can find rest in the Lord and lean on him,” Marshall said. “Also, we got to talking a little bit. She was concerned about not having a job. I told her to take her time and get through this.

“Use the people around her. Use us to breathe and take the time she needs and be there for her children. Don’t worry about any of that because we got her.”

Wayne Jett of Sideline Marketing works closely with a lot of the Bears’ players. A mutual friend of the Pettrys and Jett put them in touch.

Jett informed tight end Kellen Davis, who immediately offered to help in any way he could.

They scrambled to put together a fund-raiser to benefit the family.

Chris, a general contractor, was the sole income provider. He didn’t have life insurance.

Karen said she isn’t sure how she’s going to pay her $1,500 mortgage on their Lake Villa home. Her mother-in-law has offered to pay for the funeral.

“It was such a senseless and just a terrible thing,” Davis said. “I just thought it was a good opportunity to try to give back.

“It was pretty much a no-brainer just helping out a fellow human being who is in distress.”

From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday at John Barleycorn in Wrigleyville, Davis and many other former and current Bears will host a fund-raiser. Signed memorabilia will be auctioned off from players such as Devin Hester, Matt Forte, Earl Bennett, Julius Peppers and Brian *Urlacher, among others.
CHRIS PETTRY FUND-RAISER

The facts: John Barleycorn in Wrigleyville, 3524 N. Clark Street, 5-9 p.m. Saturday.

Who’s coming: Numerous *former and current Bears *players are expected to attend, including Tommie Harris, Jason McKie and Kellen Davis.

For more information: Contact Wayne Jett of Sideline Marketing at (815) 529-3447.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

That is nice!

A life insurance policy owned by the departed would have been a lot better option. People insure their house, car, possessions etc., but too often fail to insure themselves. I just don't get it...

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Armed law abiding citizen

Sportbike: '74 Yamaha RD350
Years Riding: idk
How you found us: Google

I went to The Landing (where this murder happened) this afternoon for lunch. There was a much larger security and police presence there. It has always been a good area, but anything can happen anywhere I guess.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Sportbike: 600rr
Years Riding: 7 years
How you found us: From friends

I HATE to bring this up at the point of someones passing...but since others have posted this, I'll just share the same thought. See my sig.

Life insurance is too cheap of protection to skip, but most people to avoid it, in favor of cell phones with data plans, comcast bills, car payments, and Starbucks coffee.

I'm glad to see the Bears stepping up. Untimely passing can ruin a family.

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.

Peter Katowicz
State Farm® - Agent
108 E Lake St. Unit 2
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Office: (630) 980-9809
Fax: (630) 980-9858
[email protected]yAgent.com
www.PeterIsMyAgent.com

Benjamin Franklin - “It is a strange anomaly that men should be careful to insure their houses, their ships, and their merchandise, and yet neglect to insure their lives”.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

This was all too close to home. I didn't know Chris but, he was a very close friend of my cousin. It was my cousin that was with him in Jacksonville and of course it makes me shudder to think what could have been had my cousin gone to the washroom as Chris waited for him. This is the type of senseless violence that we will never understand..."But for the grace of God"... Thanks and props to the Bears and all who stepped up to help a family in need...Godspeed and Rest in Peace, Chris.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode