Integrys Electric Aggregation Program - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: Its my first time ;)
How you found us: Leghumpers Anonymous

Integrys Electric Aggregation Program

WTF???? Is this one of those programs where you dont control your electricity and they decided when to limit you? Someone explain this to me, and why I dont want to be part of it

WERA CCS EX #169
I would like to thank the 2014 sponsors...
Riders Discount AllBalls Racing Woodcraft VinylSaurusRex Pit Bull Chicken Hawk Racing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
details?

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

I think its a Chicago only thing. And I really have no idea what it means. Looks like they are sourcing from a Non-coal provider at a lower rate, but still delivered by ComEd. You have the option to Opt-out, which in the information they provide seems stupid, but I'm concerned there is more to it than that.

WERA CCS EX #169
Riders Discount AllBalls Racing Woodcraft VinylSaurusRex Pit Bull Chicken Hawk Racing
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:36 PM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
its happening in a bunch of suburbs around here too, couldn't find any details beside what you said about it... seems like alternate sourcing at a more variable and potentially lower rate than com-ed.

i was afraid it was gonna be a aggregate daily rate program, a guy in my world of tanks clan lives out in colorado and had that happen to him and between 4-8pm his electricity rate is quadrupled

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post
its happening in a bunch of suburbs around here too, couldn't find any details beside what you said about it... seems like alternate sourcing at a more variable and potentially lower rate than com-ed.

i was afraid it was gonna be a aggregate daily rate program, a guy in my world of tanks clan lives out in colorado and had that happen to him and between 4-8pm his electricity rate is quadrupled
My though was that during peak times they were going to regulate usage, ie, cut the electricity so you cant run the ac when its 100 degrees outside. I've heard of communities going to something like that. It seems like this is almost a co-op version of electricity sharing, but without much info to go on, I cant be sure. If its just alternate enegry sourcing at a lower rate, then why not, but I still question the motive behind it

WERA CCS EX #169
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 04:26 PM

Sportbike: A couple
Years Riding: too long to have any sense
How you found us: NESBA

It's a group buy kind of thing.

The City buys electricity from someone else than Com Ed for it's residents, at a contract price that is cheaper than Com Ed's rates.

If you don't want to be in on the group buy, you can opt out. I'm getting a better rate from Champion Energy.

Craig
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotx1 View Post

Can't do that without time-of-day metering, and Com Ed is delaying rolling out those meters in its Illinois territory. New date for completion was moved from 2012 to 2015 at a recent ICC meeting.

Craig
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Wild slide rule roots

Sportbike: 2002 Suzuki TL1000R, yel/blk (Street) & '04 GSXR750 (Track)
Years Riding: 8
How you found us: Got the link through NESBA

It's going to be a fixed rate of 5.424/kWh, according to the letter I got (vs. 8.819/kWh on the ComEd rate). It's not an hourly rate.

The trick is, while Integrys has promised to match the ComEd rate, they're only going to do that each time the contract with the City is up for renewal. The pundits are suggesting that ComEd's default rate will come down in June or so, so the savings aren't likely to be quite as good after that.

Now, if you want an hourly rate, that's available too. ComEd's is at https://rrtp.comed.com/, and I'd imagine there are others (though I can't find them at present).

Morrand
NESBA #561 (I)
Jabber/Google Talk: [email protected]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Are you making the switch?

WERA CCS EX #169
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 PM

I switched last April to an alternate supplier. My current contract rate is $0.052001 /KWH ( 5.2001 cents /KWH) through the end of October. I don't see either ComEd's or the City's rate beating that in the contract time frame.

You still pay ComEd's serivce, metering and delivery charges and the city franchise fee recovery (we pay ComEd for the money they gave the city to have it's electric franchise.) + state and city tax on top of that per KWH rate. In my case, ComEd's service, metering, delivery and franchise charges are usually about equal to or higher than my charges for KWH usage.

I looked into Real Time Pricing. You get killed with the estimated (not based on your actual previous usage) demand charge the first year, and compared to my fixed rate, it's not a better deal. I haven't seen any hourly price lower than 3.0 /KWH in the winter, and at peak times in summer, (last summer) it went above 16 /KWH on hot days when my usage is higher due to air conditioning. And the Demand Charge can effectively double that rate.

Additionally, consumers on ComEd's RRTP residential rate can't access actual usage on an hourly basis as far as I can tell from their literature. you can only see it on line (hourly price) after it's already in effect, and your actual usage a day or two later, when it's too late to adjust usage. Without the ability to see real-time usage and pricing, including estimated next 15 minute/next hour pricing, I don't see the point.

It also appears that ComEd isn't supporting OpenADR for residential customers, which would allow residential consumers to use devices that respond in real-time to pricing changes and limit electric usage. At least I can't find any mention of it in ComEd's literature.

All in all, as far as I can tell, ComEd's RRTP is a non-starter in its current implementation.

Craig

Last edited by beac83; 01-09-2013 at 05:54 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM

Sportbike: CBR1000/GSXR1000
Years Riding: Not long enough
How you found us: Buddy

Send a message via MSN to BFLY
But what fuel source are these new company's using to produce electricity?

Natural gas or oil?

過労死
--------------------------------------------
Brian
Nesba #98
CBR1000
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 AM

The statement of origin for energy that I got from Champion says that 100% of their power comes from unknown sources.

I guess it's magical power.

They are a power broker, and I would assume it comes from whatever is cheapest at that moment.

They do offer a "green energy" contract that is a bit more costly that is some sort of green power.

Craig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode