Is no news good news? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Is no news good news?

Ok so I'm trying to get my house refinanced. It needed to hit a certain amount on the appraisal in order for the loan to go through how I wanted. The appraisal guy came out on Thursday of last week, and said he'd have the paperwork in to the mortgage company by Friday. I've been busy all day, have not heard anything back from either of them yet (today was the deadline for the application, etc.)

I have already scheduled my closing date, etc. at the title company. I would think that if I did NOT hit the number I'd need, the mortgage company would have called me and notified me that the loan isn't going to fly, no?

Think it's safe to assume "No news is good news"? (Of course I'm going to call them tomorrow anyways...) If it goes through it's going to save me a TON of money. It means the difference between MAYBE POSSIBLY having a race budget next year, and becoming a full-time crew chief...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I assume you told the guy what you were looking to get? If so you probably got it, as long as it was resonable.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 08:17 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

I work in the loan industry (8 yrs) and 'usually' NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS. If there was an issue you would have been contacted and maybe even the appraiser would have told you that you were not going to get what you needed. Also, depending on the mortgage company, the company usually tells the appraiser what loan amount they are doing and how much of an appraised value they are looking for to get the loan done. But, if you want to be sure get involved with some phone calls to the mortgage company, but this scenario is not uncommon. Good luck.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Yeah, I told the guy what I was looking to get, and I don't think it was all THAT unreasonable. I'm shooting to see a value increase of +35k over what I bought it for 2 years ago. A lot, I know, but considering the house across the street from me that's HALF the size of my place just sold for 30k over what IT originally sold for - and a new townhouse development down the road from me has new units going for 45k over what I'm hoping mine is worth NOW... I figured I should probably come pretty close to getting what I want.

I also made sure to tell the guy a couple times what I was hoping to hit. I've heard stories that these guys are somewhat impressionable if their actual calculated value is fairly close to what you're trying to hit.

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2003, 01:01 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

You should be OK Omni. We are just up the road from you and our house valued out at $40k higher than what we bought it for 2 years ago. good luck

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode