SUV owners - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
SUV owners

I know some of you may own a SUV. I found a web site for SUV owners and our rights. It's very interesting.


http://www.suvoa.com/

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:55 PM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Hell I've been thinking of an 00 Excursion I found for $17K with 60,000 on it. But if I got that, I'd need a bigger trailer.D

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Registered User
 
GautamCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lombard
Posts: 2,074
Location: Lombard
Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000
How you found us: SBN
           
i'm bookmarking that site!
<------------I love my TrailBlazer!!!!!!!!
GautamCity is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Moderator
 
Chills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 23,640
Location: Naperville, IL
Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs
           
Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Cool. I love my Xterra.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
Chills is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
I think it's a great site. All we need is big government tell us what we can and cannot drive. I think its

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by GautamCity
i'm bookmarking that site!
<------------I love my TrailBlazer!!!!!!!!
It's still a Chevy J/K dude, they are nice looking

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally posted by GautamCity
i'm bookmarking that site!
<------------I love my TrailBlazer!!!!!!!!

You'll love it until the ball joint fails.
YZFRob is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:02 PM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
that sites bogus
especially the myth and fact section.

..... SUVs will cuz more damage and will kill a car owner in 2 seconds but it only happens 3% out of all car related accidents.



heres a real site

http://poseur.4x4.org/


I dont have a problem with people buying SUVs. But when "everyone" buys one, then it becomes a problem.
fierospeeder is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by fierospeeder
that sites bogus
especially the myth and fact section.

..... SUVs will cuz more damage and will kill a car owner in 2 seconds but it only happens 3% out of all car related accidents.



heres a real site

http://poseur.4x4.org/


I dont have a problem with people buying SUVs. But when "everyone" buys one, then it becomes a problem.
I don't like it when people buy them and just have one. I have one because I pull a 5600 pound camper. Can a 4 cly do that? NOPE. and they don't have station wagons, or cars I fit into well. I think you should buy whatever you want and what will make you happy. I bet a lot of people on this site use SUV's to pull there bikes. I also have a friend who says SUV are a waste and cause problems, but when he needed people to help him move, he called me.

It's also saying lets not have small cars because the big cars will kill the small ones, it's a joke.

That site is for the right's of SUV owners. The facts I have heard are true, that's why it's a FACT.

That site you put is just jokes and bashing SUV's with nothing to back it up. The site I put is how SUV drivers can be better drivers and stuff. The other one does't, it says all SUV drivers are bad, and that's NOT true. It's like saying all Sportbikers are jerks. That isn't true either, just look on this site, many of you are really cool and I said this before, you guys changed how I feel about sportbikers. I have more respect for bikers now than I ever had. If we have government telling us what we can and can't drive, soon they will be saying sportbikes shouldn't be around either. We all have the right to drive what we want, lets keep it that way. And that's my point.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-17-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Jimbo is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 05:07 PM
SICK OF IT ALL
 
Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,471
Location: Dallas, TX
Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in
           
cool site---i got a montero xls and i love it..

Wayne


Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

Ocean is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by gohsbc
cool site---i got a montero xls and i love it..
They are nice trucks, what year is yours?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:01 PM
SICK OF IT ALL
 
Ocean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,471
Location: Dallas, TX
Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in
           
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo
They are nice trucks, what year is yours?
i got a '02. i love it to death. rides great and have some goodies in it...bought it new and have plans to drive it for a looong time. just having problems keeping my wife from taking everywhere she wants to go and leaving me with the minivan (her car of course)

Wayne


Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

Ocean is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 11:37 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,495
 
It's just the style of construction that's a problem. Their crash standards are very low and the rigidity of the frame that makes them 1) cheap to produce (huge profit margin) and 2) good for towing... also makes them less forgiving in an accident.

I like the newer SUV's with unit-body construction based on a car chassis. 90% of the utility without looking like a mini-van.

But too each his own.... I just think they are annoying since you can't see around them, they're always so slow on on-ramps and pulling away from stop-lights.

Would Society benifit from some updated regulations... sure. Will it happen...HELL NO.... the automakers have too powerful of a lobby in congress.. along with the trial lawers who can make a fortune off various SUV lawsuits. It's most liekly the insurance companies that are pushing this. SUV's cause more damage and injuries to small cars and that costs the insurance companies big money.
cherrypicker is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:17 AM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
Jimbo, i guess you didn't "read" the website that i posted.


Because the author doesn't bash SUV owners that put the vehicle to use. But bashes people that are the typical soccer moms or dads that use it to cause road rage. Ive read the site numerous times. I see people with SUVs and they dont own motorcycles, boats, trailers etc.... they just buy it for the hell of it. aka status symbol.


And your sites facts. Ya they are facts, but they are half truths. Saying that bigger the vehicle is dangerous. But saying that SUVs hitting a car is a small percentage out of overall accidents. So that makes it okay for SUVs to cause a lot more damage to a smaller car because it doesn't happen all the time. So if theres some moron reading the site and sees the term "fact" they're gonna believe it.

Semi trucks are very dangerous if some idiot is tail gating it and becomes decaputated when he goes underneath the trailer. Doesn't happen to much, but the so called government you seem to be bashing is going to set regulations for real bumpers to be placed on trailers.


So is your SUV a v8 ? or a v6. Because four cylinders can tow. Theres more to towing capacity then engine capability. Because theres a lot of 4 cylinder trucks that can tow and haul a lot of weight.


You got three options, car,van, or a pickup truck. All three are 100% better then a soccer mom suv. If and I will be towing my motorcycles cars etc.... im getting a truck.


But if you feel the need for every john doe to buy anything they want. Then everyone should get Mack trucks. Runs of diesel, gives off a lot of pollutants because the US hasn't regulated the diesel industry like europe. Take up twice as much room. Have the capability to tow 300000lbs (est.) Go to the super market to get a pack of gum with a semi truck and bring along the trailer too. Got to put the gum someplace. Run over motorcycles a lot easier because it is gawd awful with blind spots.

Everyone should get one just like when Furby just came out.


Seems like your site is just a "oh no big brothers is gonna get us". I would get better knowledge from a truck site where it has a real forum and website. Real information. Not some propaganda from DC.

We had cars for around 100 years and no one has told us what not to drive. So why are you worried now? The only difference between now and then is emission regulations.

Are you going to say ... the government is forcing us to drive hydrogen cars in 10 years because we ran out of oil? But wait, lucky for you, there might be hydrogen SUVs.
fierospeeder is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Every 4-wheel drive vehicle I have owned has gone off roading, mostly deer and goose hunting and 4 wheeling in Eagle River with the wife. The wife has actually done a number of Jeep Jambories and 4 wheeled in Africa. I know, in Barrington at least, the SUV capital of Illinois, possible the world, it's a status symbol, I truly would love to see a Cayenne in the bush .I can't remember the exact stat, but, I do believe, 85% of SUV in America have never been used as intended.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:34 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 3,495
 
Rick.... you're the exception to the rule.


BTW - a semi tows closer to 60,000 lbs plus it's own GVW of 20,000... not 300k... but i see your point.

Yes 4 cylinders can tow. Give them a 6 speed gearbox with a short final drive ratio, and wiht just 150ft-lbs and 120HP, you could easily tow 5000 lbs or more. In trueth, the best configuration for towing is typically a Inline 6. But in america, the "V-power" has the perception of being better... and it tends ot fit better into most designs and more easily swaps with a I-4 or V-8 for vehicles with multiple engine options.
cherrypicker is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by fierospeeder
Jimbo, i guess you didn't "read" the website that i posted.


Because the author doesn't bash SUV owners that put the vehicle to use. But bashes people that are the typical soccer moms or dads that use it to cause road rage. Ive read the site numerous times. I see people with SUVs and they dont own motorcycles, boats, trailers etc.... they just buy it for the hell of it. aka status symbol.


And your sites facts. Ya they are facts, but they are half truths. Saying that bigger the vehicle is dangerous. But saying that SUVs hitting a car is a small percentage out of overall accidents. So that makes it okay for SUVs to cause a lot more damage to a smaller car because it doesn't happen all the time. So if theres some moron reading the site and sees the term "fact" they're gonna believe it.

Semi trucks are very dangerous if some idiot is tail gating it and becomes decaputated when he goes underneath the trailer. Doesn't happen to much, but the so called government you seem to be bashing is going to set regulations for real bumpers to be placed on trailers.


So is your SUV a v8 ? or a v6. Because four cylinders can tow. Theres more to towing capacity then engine capability. Because theres a lot of 4 cylinder trucks that can tow and haul a lot of weight.


You got three options, car,van, or a pickup truck. All three are 100% better then a soccer mom suv. If and I will be towing my motorcycles cars etc.... im getting a truck.


But if you feel the need for every john doe to buy anything they want. Then everyone should get Mack trucks. Runs of diesel, gives off a lot of pollutants because the US hasn't regulated the diesel industry like europe. Take up twice as much room. Have the capability to tow 300000lbs (est.) Go to the super market to get a pack of gum with a semi truck and bring along the trailer too. Got to put the gum someplace. Run over motorcycles a lot easier because it is gawd awful with blind spots.

Everyone should get one just like when Furby just came out.


Seems like your site is just a "oh no big brothers is gonna get us". I would get better knowledge from a truck site where it has a real forum and website. Real information. Not some propaganda from DC.

We had cars for around 100 years and no one has told us what not to drive. So why are you worried now? The only difference between now and then is emission regulations.

Are you going to say ... the government is forcing us to drive hydrogen cars in 10 years because we ran out of oil? But wait, lucky for you, there might be hydrogen SUVs.
What 4-cly can pull a 5600 pound camper??? That is not a diesel?? I have infront of me the tow ratings for 2004 and they don't even list all of the 4-cly in them because they can't pull, and the onse that are listed only pull 2400 at the most. I have a V-8 and I could get a van, but it's the same milage so I bought something that I like and fits in my garage. My camper is 5600 pounds, no 4-cly gas is going to pull that. I totally agree with you about people who buy one just to buy one. I hate the Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes SUV's that are out. They are over priced, waste of money, and I bet none of them take off raod. But we live in a country we can buy what we want, and I want to keep it that way. If a person wants to buy a Mack truck, more power to him. I use mine what it was built for. I take mine off road once in a while if we tent camp, so we go way out to do that. I been to some campgrounds that I used 4-low to get up some steap hills, so I'm glad I have that. Also thinks are changing with the SUV, like the '04 Durango. It has a lower bumber to match the hight of cars, and more are going that way. I also at one time tried a Rav4 and a 6'2 guy doesn't fit into one very good. And the same with cars for me. My mom has a Buick and I feel like a giant in it.
And if you haven't noticed Big Broher is watching us, just look at the new rules for boarding a airplane now, and they want all of our info when we check out book at the lybrary. Why do they need that info? A whole new post.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Ron
Workin' up to the track
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Central WI
Posts: 801
Location: Central WI
Sportbike: In between bikes right now
Years Riding: 15
How you found us: don't remember
      
I have a question for the SUV crowd...I have a Subaru Forrester. I think it's really a station wagon on steroids, but some people think it's an SUV. I bought it cuz it has good gas milage in the "small SUV" segment and the highest crash rating in that same segment. But is my Subaru really an SUV?

Disclaimer:
Before I get bashed for buying foreign, my other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler. (Yes Rick, I bought a Jeep.) I would have bought the Ford Escape but it came out for the first time the year I bought the Subaru and I make it a practice never to buy a car in its first model year.

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.

- Edward R. Murrow
Ron is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk
 
RickC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Posts: 12,731
Location: Barrington, Illinois
Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)
           
Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Quote:
Originally posted by favorednation
I have a question for the SUV crowd...I have a Subaru Forrester. I think it's really a station wagon on steroids, but some people think it's an SUV. I bought it cuz it has good gas milage in the "small SUV" segment and the highest crash rating in that same segment. But is my Subaru really an SUV?

Disclaimer:
Before I get bashed for buying foreign, my other vehicle is a Jeep Wrangler. (Yes Rick, I bought a Jeep.) I would have bought the Ford Escape but it came out for the first time the year I bought the Subaru and I make it a practice never to buy a car in its first model year.
Ron,

The Forrester looks like a pumped up station wagon to me.

Rick

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
RickC1957 is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where its free.
Posts: 7,511
Location: Where its free.
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
Rick.... you're the exception to the rule.


BTW - a semi tows closer to 60,000 lbs plus it's own GVW of 20,000... not 300k... but i see your point.

Yes 4 cylinders can tow. Give them a 6 speed gearbox with a short final drive ratio, and wiht just 150ft-lbs and 120HP, you could easily tow 5000 lbs or more. In trueth, the best configuration for towing is typically a Inline 6. But in america, the "V-power" has the perception of being better... and it tends ot fit better into most designs and more easily swaps with a I-4 or V-8 for vehicles with multiple engine options.

Actually a semi tractor with a Cummins can pull 200,000lbs. Weight restrictions of roadways usually lmits tractor/trailer units to 80,000lbs. In Australia they have one tractor pulling 3 50' 65,000 trailers in the outback. Got to love CDL driver school.
YZFRob is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
to your big brother. Your a little bit too paranoid.


So your gonna relate true 4X4 offroading to a government conspiracy.

And there has always been a bumper restrictions on 4x4 vehicles. You can check every state with that. All "true" off roaders have to modify their truck to comply with their state rules.


Hmmm i wonder why theres new restrictions with getting on an airplane. Wait, maybe because an airplane flew into a building.

Library wanting your information. OMG. So does block buster and any other place where you rent items. I went to jewel and rented a carpet cleaner. But they wanted my info to rent a machine. I bet jewel and the government are working together. Now when Agent Mulder searches my house, he will know my carpets are clean.
fierospeeder is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by fierospeeder
to your big brother. Your a little bit too paranoid.


So your gonna relate true 4X4 offroading to a government conspiracy.

And there has always been a bumper restrictions on 4x4 vehicles. You can check every state with that. All "true" off roaders have to modify their truck to comply with their state rules.


Hmmm i wonder why theres new restrictions with getting on an airplane. Wait, maybe because an airplane flew into a building.

Library wanting your information. OMG. So does block buster and any other place where you rent items. I went to jewel and rented a carpet cleaner. But they wanted my info to rent a machine. I bet jewel and the government are working together. Now when Agent Mulder searches my house, he will know my carpets are clean.
The library has to give the info of what we take out to the Government, Why? Why do Americans need to get hasseled at airports when "afgans" get to bored a plane and not get looked at due to the fear they will cry racisim? I'm not paronid, but just sick of my rights being taken away and they are using 9/11 to help them. they have a click it ot ticket it law, they can pull you over for just not haveing a seatbelt on, hey to me it's your life, if you don't want a seat belt on go ahead.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-18-2004 at 01:40 PM.
Jimbo is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by gohsbc
i got a '02. i love it to death. rides great and have some goodies in it...bought it new and have plans to drive it for a looong time. just having problems keeping my wife from taking everywhere she wants to go and leaving me with the minivan (her car of course)
Haa Haa the wife, mine likes driving my truck beter than her car, she has a Cavalier. You do have a nice truck and it probably will last a long time, do you have any extras on it, like a brushgurad or anything. I did have one on my old one, but not this one. It was nice. I have a K&N airfilter now, would like to get the K&N filp filter thinky Or whatever they call it.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
boy are you so narrow minded.


You didn't even back up your claim of the government caring so much what you check out.


plus you use a weak argument of a seat belt law which has been around for more then a decade.


And because you dont wear a seatbelt. WE have to pay for it. All of us has to pay your medical bills, the taxes that go into the ambulance and other services to help you out of the car. And our overpriced medical insurance.

If you did nothing wrong, a police officer isn't going to pull you over. And police officers are ordinary people that are not working for a corrupt government you claim they are doing. There are a few cops on this board and i know several. And i doubt they are pulling you over to check your penis size, because they have to inform the government.
But hey, you want parents to leave their kids unbuckled in their cars. So when a car accident does happen, it is the officers job to pick up a dead child that flew out of a car window. Because laws are just big brother watching us.
fierospeeder is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by fierospeeder
boy are you so narrow minded.


You didn't even back up your claim of the government caring so much what you check out.


plus you use a weak argument of a seat belt law which has been around for more then a decade.


And because you dont wear a seatbelt. WE have to pay for it. All of us has to pay your medical bills, the taxes that go into the ambulance and other services to help you out of the car. And our overpriced medical insurance.

If you did nothing wrong, a police officer isn't going to pull you over. And police officers are ordinary people that are not working for a corrupt government you claim they are doing. There are a few cops on this board and i know several. And i doubt they are pulling you over to check your penis size, because they have to inform the government.
But hey, you want parents to leave their kids unbuckled in their cars. So when a car accident does happen, it is the officers job to pick up a dead child that flew out of a car window. Because laws are just big brother watching us.
The car seat thing, I 100% agree with you. The kids can't protect themselves. And the seatbelt was an example. Since you ride a bike, would it be far if they made you ware a helmet?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
no. I wear my helmet 99% of the time.


I cant see how people dont wear a helmet. High wind noise, and debry from the streets.


Eye wear is required in Illinois. I wouldn't care if illinois did require helmet use. It's a safety aspect not big brother watching us.

Nascar requires car drivers to wear helmets. .... bike racing, fighter pilots, military, construction workers.... list goes on.

I think you get confused between safety issues vs government spying on all of us.
fierospeeder is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave
 
Jimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rockridge
Posts: 3,952
Location: Rockridge
Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website
           
Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Quote:
Originally posted by fierospeeder
no. I wear my helmet 99% of the time.


I cant see how people dont wear a helmet. High wind noise, and debry from the streets.


Eye wear is required in Illinois. I wouldn't care if illinois did require helmet use. It's a safety aspect not big brother watching us.

Nascar requires car drivers to wear helmets. .... bike racing, fighter pilots, military, construction workers.... list goes on.

I think you get confused between safety issues vs government spying on all of us.
It's not watching us, it's more they tell us what to do and we have no say at all.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Jimbo is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Banned
 
fierospeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 481
Location: Illinois
Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn
 
save up money and run for congress man.


or you can always vote.


Didn't mom and dad tell you what to do? Then later you said mom and dad were part of a bigger conspiracy when you grew up?
fierospeeder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome