Power Motorsports sucks - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Power Motorsports sucks

Has anyone ever had a problem at that place. I think it's called power motorsports, in Palatine. Holly crap my buddy and I went in there and whoever runs that place sucks. It was like why are you bothering me, I mean holly s*%t are you trying to make people walk out. I mean, I was in there checking out aprilia's for god's sake. He didn't even seem to want me in there. I asked him if they had any speed triples there and he went into a little bit basiclly ripping Triumph. I sorry but that place suck's. I was in there once before and saw that guy. I mean I was totally cool when I went in there I was quiet, I didn't glam all the bikes or fuck around with them, and I just felt like the dude working there was put out to talk to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
i've heard some negative things. but on the other hand I know people that have had very good experiences there. Your mileage may vary.

Chris
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

I bought my Factory there because Mark gave me a good price. I have no complaints. However, the first time I went in there, I kinda of felt the same way. Once they knew I was serious about buying, their tone changed.

Since buying the Factory, they have been great to deal with. You just need to understand where they're coming from.

I guess that's just their style.

Mike
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 04:24 PM
ask me about my jiu jitsu

Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Location: where they plant the seeds to grow the trees to make the sticks
Sportbike: 2002 ducati 748S, 2009 triumph speed triple
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: google

a similar thing happened to me when i was in there looking at ducs. the guy was trying *very* hard to sell me an aprilia that was entirely out of my price range. he insisted that aprilias were superior and that i wouldn't be as happy if i went with the duc.

whatever.

i certainly don't have anything against aprilias, but that's not what i was shopping for. his whole angle seemed a bit fishy to me.

"i'm a sweetheart, i'm a prom queen" - big black
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
I don't care what anyone tells me...from personal experience that place.........SUCKS BIG TIME I know Mike and Kevin have bought bikes there, but they SUCK!!!!!! BIG [email protected]#$%%^^ They wouldn't know how to sell warm clothing to a fucking [email protected]#$$%^&* They are rude and only want to sell Aprilla, the last time I was in there, it was scooter heaven, which is kinda of cool, but sales and parts people are dipshits

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:35 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

so rick, come one tell us what ya really think...lol

good for you bro, tell those assholes off, infact i am gonna crank call them right now...lmao!

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:11 PM

Damn, I better not piss any of you guys off
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoFactory
I bought my Factory there because Mark gave me a good price. I have no complaints. However, the first time I went in there, I kinda of felt the same way. Once they knew I was serious about buying, their tone changed.

Since buying the Factory, they have been great to deal with. You just need to understand where they're coming from.

I guess that's just their style.

Mike
Mike....they should be serious anytime anyone walks in!!! If I did that to people who walked in my shop, I would soon be out of business. It a well known fact if you piss someone off, on average they will tell 80 people, if you make them happy they only tell 20. 90% of my business is walk in.....I treat a $30.00 sale as same as a $3000.00 sale, people like to feel they they are important and matter. Goddamn, I really want to buy a pasta rocket, but at the same time, I want to be sold on it. I know Kevin has bought two bikes there, you have bought one, was it because of salemanship? or are they the only game in town?

Rick

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 09:00 AM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

or are they the only game in town?

There's a place in Villa Park, CCC, on St Charles road. People in there are very cool. They carry Triunph, Duc,Aprilla, and some other stuff. I have a customer near them, and now that it's winter, I stop in whenever I'm out that way. The sales mgr, Jeff, I think, was Way helpful. Seemed to know what he was talking about, made comparisons between the 3 brands, based on what I was looking for. This was about the time when the weather was getting shitty, but he offered up test rides, and offered a test ride if we did get a nice day, just have to call ahead. He encouraged me to sit on various bikes and see what I liked. I have not made a purchase there yet, so I have no insight about service. I was very pleased to be treated so well.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 10:35 AM
VTwin FTW!

I agree, MCC is a great place also. Geoff and Greg are really good guys. Plus it's closer to my house. I live in Elmhurst.

However, I asked them twice to give me price on a Factory based on a trade of my 03 Busa. They said they would get back to me, and never did. I even gave them my cell phone #. I like them, so I went back a third time and talked to another salesman, and he wouldn't go below $17,000.00 on the bike. It lists at $17,900.00. I then went over to Power Motor Sports, and Mark and I negotiated a price of $16,100.00, so I jumped on it. $900.00 is alot of money to me. I was actually going to drive to a dealership in Iowa to buy the bike, but Mark matched their price.

I felt I gave MCC 3 chances to get my business, but they didn't want to deal, whereas Power Motor Sports did. Mark is fair guy, you just need to give him a chance.

Rick, I hear what your saying. I treat all my customers the same too. Everybody has a different way of doing business, and apparently Power sells it's fair share of bikes. Maybe they would get more business if they didn't come off so arrogant at first to some people, who knows.

I would recommend them though, based on my experience.

Now Chicago Cycle Center, where I bought the Busa, is another story. I wouldn't buy a pencil from them. The only reason why I bought the Busa there was because they were the only dealer that would take my Mille in on trade. If you think Power is arrogant, this place is 10 times worse and much more shady IMO.

Mike

Last edited by ChicagoFactory; 01-17-2004 at 10:40 AM.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 03:31 PM

Sportbike: 2002
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: sbn- ran into 20bikes riding

I bought my silver Mille there. The others were from MCC.
They had the silver one and matched the price.

I know what people mean when they are turned off by their style.
I got the same thing from one of their salesmen.
I guess you gotta know what you want and the price.

They were helpful when I went to DRA Ducati Revs America.
I got my bike early and went riding with them to Death Valley, Hoover Dam, Red Rock Canyon, and The Valley of Fire.
Got to know Mark, Lonnie, Paully the mechanic better.
That certainly helped.
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Is this Russia?

Sportbike: Formerly a Bandit 1200S
Years Riding: Since '94
How you found us: your mom

Send a message via Yahoo to MadMax1996
I live in Palatine and it's nice to have a place close enough for chain lube and such. The last time I was there I had a tire mounted (brought in off bike) and the mechanic was kind of a weenie. I occasionally look around and no one even approaches me - maybe they can tell I won't be buying anything soon.

A couple of years ago I purchased some Joe Rocket gloves and boots (two separate occasions). The guy that helped me both times was helpful and without me saying anything offered to knock some of the price off - so the price I paid was about what it would be if I ordered off the internet. Couldn't beat that!

I noticed that they put some small marks in my wheels when I got the tire done... not a huge deal, but I won't be returning because of it and from what I'm reading here.

A side note on tire mounting - I buddy of mine found that getting tires mounted at a Harley dealership is the way to go. Price was reasonable and those guys are used to being careful with high-end wheels.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 09:23 PM

This is turning out to be an interesting thread

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 03:00 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax1996
A side note on tire mounting - I buddy of mine found that getting tires mounted at a Harley dealership is the way to go. Price was reasonable and those guys are used to being careful with high-end wheels.
There's a HD dealership here where I am and IMO they are the best people around. They're careful and Harley knows how to treat customers better then any company I've ever dealt with.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 07:26 PM

MCC All the way...

I tried to buy my Aprilia at Power and ran into a hassle. I went in to MCC, talked to Geoff and he thought about my "deal" for 30 seconds and said, OK. Done deal.

Dave and Jason were the full time wrenches when I was in and out of there. Nice guys.

I would buy from MCC again and again and again. Good folks.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-18-2004, 08:30 PM

When I was getting my TT, I called over there to see what they had in stock. The sales guy asked me why I would want to buy anything other than an R6, since it is superior to any other 600 out there. I told him because everyone has a fucking R6, and do you have any TT's? He said no, and that was it.

I have also had a bad experience 1 out of 6 times there with their service department.

But, I would have to imagine that most dealers get their chains stroked all day long by a bunch of guys "just looking" that it must get real old real fast to want to help out every tom dick and harry walking in the door, when I am sure that a relatively low percentage of people actually buy.

I can appreciate that the guy tried to get me onto a Yammi, and Cailin on to a Priller. Those guys are obviously biased to the brands that they sell/like, and want to see the customer get the best bike. Is Aprilia better than a Ducati, or a Yamaha better than a Triumph? Maybe to some.

I say give them a break, and conversely a second chance. If you ask for help, and are seriously going to buy, and they still fall short, then yell foul.

Naperville Triumph Suzuki is ACES in my book, but there are others that cannot say the same.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:27 AM
VTwin FTW!

Dave333,

If they would have done that for me, I would have bought from them also. I like Geoff and Greg too, but a $900.00 difference in price is too much a gap, no matter how much I like them.

What model Aprilia did you buy?

Mike
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:09 PM
FASTEST AT CRA FOREVER!

Sportbike: 916 ducati, 2002 aprilia falco 1991 KZ750(the monster killer!)
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: speedzilla

MCC is the way to go. there are reasons other than price to buy a bike from whichever dealer you choose. While I may get better treatment than some since I've bought 11 motorcycles there, you cant beat Geoff and Greg for service.

The last bike I bought they offered to bring to me, I live far southside, and took they a personal check for $10,000. Iwent to motorsports walked around for twenty minutes and also had them try to push a Aprilia down my throat.
My girlwants to buy her daughter a scooter to ride to school
so we went back, it is a good place to see a lot of scooters and were completely ignored.

But hey it's still better than the snake oil salesmen at chicago cycle

Style is the excuse used by those who have neither the nerve or the intelligence to live their own lives.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:13 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Snake Oil Salesman??? Hey now, I resemble that remark! Serously though, CCC has some real "winners", but there's a handful of very decent, knowledgeable guys as well. It's a crapshoot unless you know who to deal with.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:23 PM
FASTEST AT CRA FOREVER!

Sportbike: 916 ducati, 2002 aprilia falco 1991 KZ750(the monster killer!)
Years Riding: 33
How you found us: speedzilla

I just don't like having to "know a guy" to get the treatment anyone should expect coming in off the street.

Style is the excuse used by those who have neither the nerve or the intelligence to live their own lives.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 12:31 PM

Sportbike: CBR1100XX
Years Riding: coming up to a decade
How you found us: crashed this party!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sk8boardIL
this reminds me of DuPage Honda. Another place I wouldn't reccomend.
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 01:32 PM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

Quote:
Originally posted by Underdog
Snake Oil Salesman??? Hey now, I resemble that remark! Serously though, CCC has some real "winners", but there's a handful of very decent, knowledgeable guys as well. It's a crapshoot unless you know who to deal with.
yep, like previous posts have said the individual experience may vary somewhat.

for my part, I've had positive results with CCC. I got my gixxer there with the least amount of negotiating hassles. It was downright simple compared to some of the other dealerships that I visited. I walked in and got a price already lower than what I was shooting for

Lazy ass that I am and wanting to use a dealership close to where I live, Powers consistently went out of their way to make the shopping experience sufficiently painful that I bought my Yamahas (both the 600 and liter bike) elsewhere.

so they'll probably forever be on my personal suck ass list, but then again some other people here have bought aprilias from them and are happy...your customer/salesman relationship tolerance threshold would have to be much higher than mine though...
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Quote:
for my part, I've had positive results with CCC.
except for that tall guy who hides upstairs......P something........

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:16 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

I'll get you for that one Sticky...
I'll have you know I almost never screwed someone on a bike. Unless they were stupid, or I needed the money, or I felt like it, or it was sunny outside, or my girlfriend pissed me off, or I was hungover, or... nevermind

CCC gives away their bikes if you know what you're talking about. They're so big they can afford to. If you get a bad salesperson though, and they think they can rob you blind...well, they just might try.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Old School

Sportbike: 85 V65 Sabre
Years Riding: 27 years of street and dirt before that
How you found us: from roach

Send a message via AIM to WITMAN
Talking maybe we should open a dealership??

I have dealt with several dealers in the area and they are all the same if they have your cash they are cool but if you just walk in they don't seem to care. I worked at a store in highland park for a lot of years and mrs jordan was a customer of mind. She walked in and was told buy one of our sales people that something she was looking at was too expensive!!!!!
Needless to say that almost cost us a very good customer. Moral-
bikers get judged unfairly just like she did.
So lets open our own shop and support it ourselves and it would do well. or wait larry pickup all brands of bikes and solve the problem alltogether. sounds like a plan to me.

whit

<............... Whitney

TWO WHEELS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO EXPERIENCE HEAVEN ON EARTH
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 12:37 AM

Re: maybe we should open a dealership??

Quote:
Originally posted by WITMAN
[B...or wait larry pickup all brands of bikes and solve the problem alltogether...[/B]
All in due time
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

Re: maybe we should open a dealership??

[QUOTE]Originally posted by WITMAN
[B]
Moral-
bikers get judged unfairly just like she did.

I have been in business since 1986. Over the years I've attended various seminars and classes, both techinical and business oriented. One of the first things that they teach about sales and selling: is to NEVER pre-judge any prospect. The guy in ripped jeans and a t shirt may have a wad of cash to spend, and the clean, well dressed, well spoken guy may just be a shopper or time waster. You have to spend a bit of time with each to figure that out. Shopping is part of the buying process. People will shop around for a $200.00 microwave. Being a sales person, you never know if you are the first place they are shopping or the last and ready to buy. The only way to find that out is to talk with, not ignore, the buyer. There are alot of poeple in sales jobs that are not sales people. They maybe know the answer to a few questions and can quote price, but they are not "salesmen". The buyer may have been treated badly at the last place they visited, now a little kindness and respect will go far to make the sale.
The point is to never pre-judge anyone. And to say that any one bike is the best, is a really stupid statement. Best for what?
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 04:47 PM

Sportbike: 03 Ninja zx6r
Years Riding: couple

Send a message via AIM to misiu00
that place fucking sucks, dude when I was shopping for a bike I went thier. The service it SUCKED!!! I guess the guy thought a kid wouldn't get a bike, since I am 18, but when i called up my old man, since he hinted me to check that place out. My old man came to the store and they flew to him, but when i was asking questions and shit they were basically ignoring me. So I left with my dad and told them to kick my ass. I was about to get a r6 from their thank god i didn't. I ended up buying a ninja zx6r. Also i buy oil only their, since it's not far from my house. One day i was in their I asked the dude for some performance upgrades on my bike totall fucking rip off!!! then he was like he do some more shop work i will give you free storage, hahah kiss my ass.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Wannabe racer

Sportbike: KTM, GasGas, Sherco
Years Riding: Lost too many brain cells to remember
How you found us: Duh!

Power is an interesting place for sure, I think it largly depends on who you talk to there.

When we got ready to buy the first Futura, I went in there and experienced this RUDE behavior you ask about. So much so I said to myself I would try one other Aprilia dealer and if they treated me that way I wouldn't buy one.

Went to MCC, and they were great offering a test ride right away and offering a great price on the bike. Overall good experience there.

Now after totalling the first one, we weren't going to buy one but still occasionally went looking at them and remembering. We went to power and they were closed, we were window shopping. The owner was inside and opened the door, said come on in I'm gonna be here for a bit so have a look around. We explained we weren't really going to buy just remembering our bike. He was really cool, talked to us and you could tell he is a bike enthusiast and is in the business because he loves it.

We wound up buying it up at Corse Superbikes just because they were nice to us before too, and they had the Ash Black in stock.

Since then I've been to power motorsports for service, and we were looking at a Mille too and again the owner was really helpful, and extremely nice. Also very willing to negotiate on the price of the Factory as ChicagoFactory stated.

So overall I think the dealership is good, I think there is a bad or a couple of bad employees that he needs to look at before they hurt his business more than they already have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode