A FEW WORDS to the wise (about all the crash's) - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

A FEW WORDS to the wise (about all the crash's)

Well, how do I start this without pissing off a bunch of people?
Let me put it like this.
I AM NOT SLAMMING, FLAMING, DEGRADING, PUTTING DOWN, anyone.
I care about a lot of guys on here and also guys I don't even know, I wanna see people get better and more skillful, but not crashing Every time something NEW pops up that makes them run over there head.

I CARE that's why I made this thread.

What I wanna do is bring a little foresight into WHY these crash's are happening.

TRACK crash's, NO ITS NOT OK AND NOT A COMMON THING TO ALLOW for crash's at the track. Lets look at that. YES we are going to the track to run in a safer place, (no cops, cars, old people trying to run us down, gravel,etc...you all know the reasons by now) we go TO GET BETTER, TO GET MORE SKILLS, TO EXPAND WHAT WE KNOW INTO NEW KNOWALGE OF EXPERIENCES, TO GO A TOUCH FURTHER THEN WE HAVE BEFORE TO BETTER OURSELVES in our passion.

it seems ALOT of people are RUSHING TO GET BETTER by means of run offs, low siding, highsides, complication with other riders.
REMEMBER same thing applies on a track..RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE (ride within your means) GIVEN enough of track time, lessons, teachings etc...YOU WILL get better YES. ALOT of FRESH guys to the sport and some older ones are learning a great deal more running on the track. ITS A GREAT FEELING.

but DON'T wreck yourself, YES SHIT SOMETIMES HAPPENS.
ive heard a bunch of stuff. weither it be nesba, ccs, etc....clubs. oh that guy shouldda let me go by, this guy was all over the place, this guy was always stuffing me, he should have gave way to me, this, that, this that. these are ALL experiences use them as such and learn from them. i think anyone that runs faster then the speed limit on a track has some balls to them. SO I SALUTE YOU ALL.

But the MAJOR thing is LET that ego go a touch....build your highrise of motorcycle knowable brick by briCK..NOT floor by floor...rushing to fast and leaping to far will cost some serious faults in your building to make it come crashing down.

I suggest ANYONE that has ever crashed, to focus on what happen. almost 95% was to lack of skills in way of not knowing what to do, and in most cases, RIDING OVER YOUR HEAD.

the rear wheel let loose and i slide away (you CAN counter act this to save your ass)

the front wheel slide under me and i fell (you CAN counter act this)

when you run (to what your calling) my limit of traction..THEN YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THAT.

i went to pass some asshole constantly block me getting by him by means of out running him INTO the corner and fell from to much speed (this can me counter acted)

There's a ton of shit to list..but it all comes down to this.

GO SLOW TO LEARN AND CHECK SOME EGO AT THE DOOR.

P.s. I am not some 2 wheel god, infact I am far from it, I don't claim and don't prove the be the smartest and fastest around here. infact stupidity got my ass in a crash when i FAILED to use my fucken brains....and change the break fluid EVEN when I had a break failure at our own track day...then MONTHS later at R.A....guess what?
YEP never did it and it came back to haunt me.

I am just trying to help those that have crashed or guys that will from rushing to much.
YES it can be done...and YES it can be done safley.

Again this isn't meant as a degrading thread...you guys are all ready pissed enough as is...and my intention isn't nor meant to further that by preaching, cause I am not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 09:57 AM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

Actually, I'm not too pissed. I accepted the possibility before I went to the track. And I agree. I was riding within my limits but also trying to raise them. Popping into neutral pushed me beyond that. 20/20 hindsight tells me I just had to hold my line and roll through. I've seen my pictures, ground clearance was not an issue.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Nevertheless glad you and the others are OK and not to banged up bad.

And yes I know those false naturals are little pucker moments...I had about 6 of them on black hawks back on our day, I did like 330 miles that day on the track...fucken Kawasaki's long shift patterns.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:25 AM

Hmmm.....me thinks Twist of the Wrist II needs to be circulated around maybe?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:36 AM
No more street...

Sportbike: '99 R6
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: JimGoFast

Just a clarification....

A lack of focus/attention or a brain cramp, should never be mistaken for a big ego.

Just my 2 cents.

NESBA #132
Advanced
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

jeff...
Quote:
, A lack of focus/attention or a brain cramp should never be mistaken for a big ego.
your exactly right...and if it appears i meant my whole thread as such..(EGO) NO thats not what i meant.

but your words are also good ones to keep in mind to over come..NOT to do.

. again i am trying to bring some insight to this stuff and NOT start a attitude flame fest.

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:54 AM

All these nice bikes going down

I have 3 words to say to that :

"Yellow ZX7 Forsale"

Hehe sorry guys! Great time to advertise my forsale ad though
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 10:59 AM
No more street...

Sportbike: '99 R6
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: JimGoFast

Quote:
Originally posted by Odysseys

i am trying to bring some insight to this stuff
Ken,

I agree with you 100%.

I simply wanted to share the fact that you don't need a big ego to make a stupid mistake.

I was lucky enough to enjoy both yesterday (ego & brain failure).

NESBA #132
Advanced
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

Quote:
I simply wanted to share the fact that you don't need a big ego to make a stupid mistake.

i TOTALLY agree

i hopefully wanted to express my thread was more leaned towards, knowledge, and slowly gaining it, versus rushing to become ALOT better.

sorry if i confussed anyone.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:13 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Ken...just because you were doing the family thing and not riding you don't have to preach to us .... But seriously...we all know what we did wrong. I welcome the comments...I'm still not sure what happened exactly. I did learn to stay away from slow in the turns/fast in the straights idiots next time out.

If I had to do it again, I would take the proper line and run that idiot off the track to keep from crashing. I was riding safe and courteous to everyone around. A bunch of people passed me unsafely on the inside and I had no problems with them.

I had passed this guy a few times before in the same exact spot...he knew my line and sped up to cut me off.

Ego was not a factor here...I just wanted to get ahead of what I thought was a dangerous rider.

False neutrals??? is it just me or does anyone else never need to be in first gear? I mean except for the start and maybe turn 7 why would you need or want to be in 1st. Were you trying to get from 3 to 2 and hit neutral? Please explain...
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

kruz...i know what ya mean brother...i know what ya mean...when i am on the track...(IF i know the rider is 1 of my guys...) i cut some extra slack...to pass safely when possible...more then much...its some guy you dont know that was hogging and getting in the way...and of course you want to pass IF you are better then him...WHEN to do and HOW is the tickter.

REMEMBER 1 thing guys...FUCK THE NEXT guy (TO A POINT) if some little snot face idiot is all over the place, slow as shit and hauling mayjor ass down a stright...TRUST me...that boy is about to cause some problems for himself and you if he is dogging you..and if so...TAKE YOUR LINE without contact....if you do...then its his problem. face it...your doing him a favor...making him beware...(DUH you fuck....better check yourself)

dont worry about being a nice sweet luving guy on the track...MORE cases then non...its the nice guy who gets fucked from some moron that cant ride to save his ass.

i am not saying be wreckless or ignorant...just take it when its due and do it right.

also too...dont forget...these are a bunch of guys that arnt MILDLY pros and most not even good enough.
not everyone is in line and not everyone is playing nice.
and most of them think there racing AMA on a practice school.

i think we need ourselfs another KEN'S OPEN TRACK DAY

NEXT TIME I do it (when i do it) theres going to be less riders per session and more higher end spectrum of riders...then the last event i had.
all in the name of saftey and fun

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

oh kruz about the false neutrals...i think the CORRECT term is coming or popping out of gear.....even on BLF i was in from 1st-4th not so much in 1st...but remember a bigger more HPR bike...unlike the little 600's you got a lot more torque, and when i didn't feel the need to be in the high prime rpm range to pull rap aped threw a corner I would over gear 1 to mildly pull threw.
when the need for non hauling ass exiting was needed.

so its more so a mis-shift or comming out.

some geat boxs like mine are a longer throw then some tighter short shifting boxs.

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

From my little experience, reading, talking and doing are not the same. Sure I have read about situations, talked about them, but when it came down to it actually happening the "O Shit" mode kicks in. Granted in the back of the mind you know what should be done and hopefully you were able to apply it. But when its the first time it happens, its not so easy. At RA I experienced my first fasle neutral right when I went to turn into 5. Panic set in grabbed brakes and clutch, stood her up and tried to save it. Yes scarry, but when it happened again, I knew I could save it so was better prepared and it wasn't as much of a concern. Rather, I concentrated on getting it in gear. Saved me at BHF yesturday. Falsed at turn 7 and I was cruisin, well for me that is. Rode it out slammed it in gear after the trun and down the straight I went. My point it first time experiences are scarry and our survival reactions take over. hehe even thats in the books but after it happens and you make it thru, hopefully without crashing, if it happens again, your better prepaired for it.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

pete...PERFECT example..GOOD JOB

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 01:48 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Sounds to me like you guys may want to consider getting your gears backcut. it would help them engauge much more positivly. I had it done on my old zx-11 and t made a huge difference.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 02:08 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
Sounds to me like you guys may want to consider getting your gears backcut. it would help them engauge much more positivly. I had it done on my old zx-11 and t made a huge difference.
my gixxer was done to. 9 years of drag racing and never missed a shift. Even before the airshifter.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy

my gixxer was done to. 9 years of drag racing and never missed a shift. Even before the airshifter.
Exactly, It makes a huge difference.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 02:54 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

on my side I think it was more me than the bike. I ran hard all day Sat and Sun and only 1 time did it happen going frome 3-2 I did slip out after an upshift from 4-5 on the straight that was interesting. After I figured it out, was easy since it pegged the rev limiter, I was ready to break and shift for 1 anyway.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

have you guys noticed..when you get that lost gear...and flowing threw a turn..all yeah gotta do is counter weight the bike some..(bring your weight back over the center of the bike) you dont loose your radias...and you wont keep falling into the turn and on your nose.

p.s. michael...youve been a dead man ever since you spell checked my ass back in 2001 (just fucken with ya) or am i?

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
YO MAMA

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Serious inquiries only

Sportbike: Specialized Allez Comp; Gkotlin's SV650
Years Riding: Always learning
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Mort82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseys View Post

GO SLOW TO LEARN AND CHECK SOME EGO AT THE DOOR.
Bump for the start of the new season. This piece of advice is something even an asshole like myself does.

Is it me or does it feel like Spring time already? Just wanna fucking ride!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 02:53 PM
i need a new bike, this one is trashed

Sportbike: Yammies
Years Riding: A few
How you found us: fellow rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
Bump for the start of the new season. This piece of advice is something even an asshole like myself does.

Is it me or does it feel like Spring time already? Just wanna fucking ride!
One week more
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Illegitimi non Carborundu

Sportbike: That Bike
Years Riding: That Long
How you found us: Google Search for "sexy."

Send a message via AIM to Paul Send a message via MSN to Paul Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Send a message via Skype™ to Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
Bump because I'm bored as hell
Fixed it for you.

2012 Goldwing Owner
2013 Ninja 1000 Owner
2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special Owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode