Dealers - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Dealers

Why are the service departments at local dealers such a-holes? I went to 3 different shops today looking for parts. The only place I don't mind coming back to is the Yami dealer in shaumburg. The woodfield suzuki service counter make you feel like they're doing you a favor just taking your money and the a-hole didn't even give me my change... Then I walk into the yamaha dealer and Dan (service guy) talks to you and gives a smile. that's all you need to keep a happy customer, just 1 extra minute... damn I'm still pissed about the suzuki place. don't think i'll be going to the woodfield honda/suzuki place again for anything.

Also the guys at 4&6 are cool. The service guys at the aprilia place in palatine are also not bad.

any other good place around here? I'm looking to dyno my bike and does anyone other than 4&6 have a dyno?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:36 PM

Lombard Kaw/Suz. I can't say much for sales or parts dept, but see Ron in service. He has a dyno and does a great job.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:45 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

jim at 4&6 has the eddy dyno, very accurate!
also we get discounts and parts price breaks for them, great bunch of guys.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:54 PM

Sportbike: 2001GSXR1000
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: guys at nesba events

Ditto that Ron at lombard kaw/suz one of the nicest guys you will meet.parts guys are great guys too.Larry in the sales dept.is great also.got a great deal on my gixxer there.and my rm250.they always go out of ther way to help me.they are not real big on the racing part of our sport though.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:58 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Woodfield suzuki just West of higgins on golf right?

If so i can say I REFUSE to go into that place! The service counter people SUCKED ASS when i went in there the first time. I needed a key blank for my bike and after i told the fat slob what i needed he said unless you have a code i can't help you. There were 3 people in the store. Him another CS guy and me. The lazy bastard did'nt want to do shit. I said can't you just compare the keys and i'll take the blank. He said "no; i don't have time." unreal! i said give me the Blank box and i will. he said yeah go ahead. Just as i opened the box the lazy ass picked up the Sun-Times and just sat there reading it. Thats what he had to do.

After opening the box there were 7 keys. took all of 3 minutes to find my key. i asked him how much for the blank? he said i am on break wait till the other guy comes up here.

I walked out and VOW never to return!!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 11:11 PM
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Quote:
Originally posted by Labdog
Woodfield suzuki just West of higgins on golf right?

If so i can say I REFUSE to go into that place! The service counter people SUCKED ASS when i went in there the first time. I needed a key blank for my bike and after i told the fat slob what i needed he said unless you have a code i can't help you. There were 3 people in the store. Him another CS guy and me. The lazy bastard did'nt want to do shit. I said can't you just compare the keys and i'll take the blank. He said "no; i don't have time." unreal! i said give me the Blank box and i will. he said yeah go ahead. Just as i opened the box the lazy ass picked up the Sun-Times and just sat there reading it. Thats what he had to do.

After opening the box there were 7 keys. took all of 3 minutes to find my key. i asked him how much for the blank? he said i am on break wait till the other guy comes up here.

I walked out and VOW never to return!!
HOLY SHIT if you are serious that is one HELL of a story!

Sounds like that place went to shit once Marsh left...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode