Marriage experiences - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Marriage experiences

As some of you know, I’m getting married in a few months, I was married once before, but it was a “shotgun wedding” and not much went on with it and I married for all the wrong reasons , but have a great daughter from it. Now I am doing it for the right reasons and I am VERY HAPPY and I can’t wait. I hear a lot of stories good and bad, what are some of you guy’s stories, stuff that happened at the wedding? And how long have some of you guys and girls been married?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

Heard all those jokes about marriage? They ALL came from married people.

I couldn't leave that post like that. I was married for 8 years to the wicked witch of the south. After my divorce I swore off marriage (probably normal) until I bumped into Deb one night. We had known each other for about 10 years. We dated for about a year and a half, then got married on top of a mesa in Arizona with a helicopter pilot as the witness. We have never and will never accept what people consider normal and that is why our marriage is still great after 6 years.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons

Last edited by bluebusa60544; 02-02-2004 at 06:31 PM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 06:05 PM

I'll be married 12 years this June...I have a daughter that will be six in March and another kid due at the end of June...I wouldn't give it up for the world, they are the reason I get up every day.

No goofy wedding story here other than we had a Sunday morning wedding followed by a brunch to avoid her family's alchohol-induced stupidity...the fuckers ended up tailgating in the parking lot but managed to behave themselves anyway.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 06:05 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

Nothing really happened at my wedding. Pretty uneventful. I got married in May of '99. I got a good one, lets me ride when I want and we have 2 little boys.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Been Married for 7 years, together for 13 and very happy about it. Sure there have been ups and downs but that's life eh? We have a 3 year old daughter and that's rules, best thing that ever happened to me!

We did all of our own wedding planning(Mary mostly thank God). We had a bunch of friends rent a bus so they could tank up seriously. We left for our honeymoon promply the following morning; that's the way to go! Get hitched and get away right away for some time alone

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 PM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

Married for 3 years, almost 4. Best decision someone else made for me. LOL

Just don't forget she is the boss and you will have a happy marriage.

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 08:39 PM

I always think back to one of my favorite 3 Stooges line....."So, are you married or are you happy?"...

Just kidding, been married 9+ years...

Just work on your listening skills, seems to be the #1 complaint!!!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:12 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

going to be married 13 years this feb, and known each other since i was 15, thats 18 years ago. i love her as if i just saw her for the 1st time again every morning as i wake seeing her next to me.

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:18 PM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Been married 7 years and love her just as much today as when i met her. She has given me 2 beautiful children and she is my best friend to boot.

Would not change it for the world.

Nothing bad at the wedding but the most memorable thing was instead of a champaign fountain with that crappy champaign they serve we ordered a neverending Margarita Fountain. The guests loved it and it was a huge hit!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Work In Progress...

Sportbike: 2005 Harley Night Train
Years Riding: I dunno ?
How you found us: Been around a couple years

Send a message via MSN to BuzByU
20 years here... its had its ups and down.... as many marriages have and will continite to have . Be true to yourself, and it will work out. We are looking forward to 21 years.

2005 Harley Night Train
2001 Golf GTI VR6 - Super Charged-Intercooler, Nitrous = 305 HP... stage 4 to come soon! .. can you say 400? HP? in a Go Kart!
1999 Ford SVT Lightning - Super Charged @ 600 ponies

Yea I am compensating..

Gregg
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:38 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Married for almost 9 years. Best thing I ever did. My wife is the greatest and gave me 2 beautiful girls.

The only advice I can give you for a happy, healthy marriage is summed up in 1 word. COMPROMISE. It's not just about you anymore. It's US and WE now, not ME and I. Also pick your battles wisely. You will have many "battles" over the years, just make sure the battles you choose to wage are important. This way, when you need to get a new bike or some mods, she won't fight you too much on it. Sometimes you are right, but you're wrong, but just let it go.

Good Luck!!

Mike
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

This is all really cool. When I see Stace and I still can't believe I have a great person like her. She's been threw so much in her life and now she has me, and my daughter. My daughter looks up to her, wants to be like her, and one time my daughter saw Stace reading and now my daughter loves to read. Stace is a really good influence with my daughter. That was the one thing I was worried about, if my daughter would like the person I am with. It's very important to me.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 11:07 PM

Today (2nd) was my eight anniversary. This is my second (and last) marriage, and I really couldn't be happier. Neither of us is into sweating the small stuff and we mostly agree on the big stuff. Lisa doesn't complain about the money I spend on the bike these days, but I always let her know first - give her a chance to veto.

Wedding stories? Well, we got married up in Eau Claire, WI on groundhog's day (she wanted a holiday, but not a normal holiday) It was freaking 40 below when we woke up!

Best wishes!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

have been married almost 6 years now, best thing thats happened to me was meeting her and now the arrival of our son. I couldnt be happier. we've had our moments, mostly my fault but it all works out, and we couldnt be happier! just remember its about the 2 of you not just one of you, what one does effects the other and you will be good to go!!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
I'm coming up to a big anniversary March 14th. Diane is the best thing that has ever happened to me She is my anchor in life, gives me direction, and when things get bleak, she is the light at the end of the tunnel. Only advice I have.....arguing with a wife is like playing russian roulette with a semi-auto My wedding story...Diane always thought it was odd that I had a latin/english dictionary, when we went to file the papers, the clerk was wearing a sweatshirt with a latin saying on it. Diane went "ok mister smarty pants, what does it say" I read it, pondered about it and then translated it....the translation was "If you can read this, your over educated" the clerk just about shit himself.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.

Last edited by RickC1957; 02-03-2004 at 06:43 AM.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 07:05 AM

Married 20 years and counting.

2011 Suzuki GSXR750
2001 Suzuki GSXR600

Last edited by jcc_rr; 02-03-2004 at 07:10 AM.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 07:50 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Quote:
Originally posted by RickC1957
She is my anchor in life, gives me direction,
Glad to hear that rick, we (the hunting party) knows you and mapquest are not the best of friends!

Seriously though marriage is by far the best thing i have ever done in my life. The most noticible thing (don't get me wrong here) is clean clothes and a variety in dinner! Not to mention i went from 170-220 since we were married!

Yep i love her to death and the only advice i can give is don't sweat the small shit! together you guys will work out everything!

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 07:58 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Well, I had two marriages and two divorces under my belt by the time I was 25. I'm always on the look out for another ex- Mrs. Hills. (anyone know what movie?)

Seriously, though, marriage can be great. We had some really good times. But we rushed into the first marriage, and should have taken more time with the second. I was married to the same woman twice. Fortunately we didn't have any kids. I can't offer any more advice than what everyone else has posted. Just never forget why you are marrying her. She's your better half.

Will I ever get married again? I don't know. I'm dating this awesome woman right now but marriage isn't on my mind.

Congrats man.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
I am one of the truly happily married men. My wife is awesome. I wouldnt trade her for anything.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:20 AM

Sportbike: BMW R1100s
Years Riding: 13
How you found us: Rider

Been married since Oct 03. Great so far. I'm better friends with her than anyone I've ever known. We meet in the middle on just about everything which really helps the inthe compromise department because we both don't feel we are giving up much to meet in the middle.

Blah, Blah, Blah

Get your Portable ID!
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:22 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Question. How do you know when it's time? I've been dating my gf for 5 years, she's gonna be 22 in Feb 25, and i turned 23 in Dec. Still young, and im not financially stable yet. We never actually speak about it, come to think of it, we never even spoke about moving in together. How did the topic of getting hitched come up? Did you ask? Did she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Quote:
Originally posted by EndlessRR
Question. How do you know when it's time? I've been dating my gf for 5 years, she's gonna be 22 in Feb 25, and i turned 23 in Dec. Still young, and im not financially stable yet. We never actually speak about it, come to think of it, we never even spoke about moving in together. How did the topic of getting hitched come up? Did you ask? Did she?
You may not have spoken about it, but I gaurantee you she's thinkin about it.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:23 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Hey, Endless, I thought your girl was going to take a job in Cali?

Oh, and I proposed to my ex wife out of the blue the first time, the second time it was more planned.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:29 AM
B.O.B

Sportbike: 'nana.
Years Riding: Look at my join date, ruh-tard.
How you found us: SBN?

Send a message via AIM to EndlessRR
Quote:
Originally posted by Chills
Hey, Endless, I thought your girl was going to take a job in Cali?

Oh, and I proposed to my ex wife out of the blue the first time, the second time it was more planned.

Eh, she changed her mind. She was going to move there for the wrong reasons, and i told her that moving was a big mistake. I kinda convinced her that it wasn't the best thing to do, besides, it's not like a major career move or anything, she could find a similar job here. As for marriage, i think that she may be far from thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G
No one says you have to get drunk everytime you drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoodles
Isn't that like having sex and not finishing though?
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Quote:
Originally posted by GsxrTony
I am one of the truly happily married men. My wife is awesome. I wouldnt trade her for anything.
Tony, I don't know how to thank you. We been friend for a while now and seeing you and your wife when I was married before (to the bitch), I thought to my self "I want what they have". You have helped me so much and I can see you two being together forever. Some of the advise you gave me in the past helped a lot and other people on this said it too, don't worry about the small crap, and it's true.

When I met you guys at Hooters, I would never have thought that you guys would say this about you wives, it's really cool.

Thanks to everyone!!!! And maybe after the Honeymoon we can have a get together with the wives (husbands), girlfriends (boyfriends) and have fun.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Quote:
Originally posted by EndlessRR
Tony's right, she is thinking about it. But I new the day I met Stace I wanted to be with her. The first 2 nights we spoke on the phone, we talked for over 8 hrs each night watching COPS (only thing on at 3 AM). It was great. We moved in with eachother and I knew I wanted too marry her. I started looking for the "perfect" ring and I had time because I was waiting for my tax return. I told her my tax turn didn't come and got the ring that day. I first called her dad and asked for his permission, he said yes and he was happy, and this was Firday. I was going to take her out that Sunday after dropping my daughter off at her moms. But I was so excited, I got down and asked that Firday night. This was last March and later found out Stace was hopping I would ask the Christmas before, then nothing. Her b-day, still nothing. V-day, still nothing. So you see, girls are thinking about it a lot. I'm so glad I did it and can't wait until May.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 01:53 PM

In a marriage..

You can be happy
or
You can be right..

Pick ONE.
post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 03:03 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Quote:
I was married to the same woman twice.
Once wasn't enough for you?

Mike
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 03:14 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Been married a little over 4 years. I basically did it for a permanent designated driver.

Best thing I ever did. My wife is cool as hell. She even forgave Ken for the little mishap I had the first time I rode with these guys. She also told me yesterday she hopes I can do some more track days this year cause she actually had fun with everyone out at the track.

Everything has ups and downs, it's how you deal with them that makes a marriage work.

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 03:16 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

hey man stop play blaming me for your sucky ass riding skills and for not listening..lol ,...fucker...lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode