WTF Has Happened to Our Country? - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking

Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6

WTF Has Happened to Our Country?

Everyday I seem to stumble across another story of "Bully'ing" and they all seem like horse shit to me - When did we become such a nation of limp wrested pansies who cry about every little thing that makes us feel bad?

I just saw an article about the chick from the HC dot Gov who says she is being bullied because her face was on the site? - WHO FUCKING CARES - Did they hurt you or your family? Un kind words from idiots will alway happen and how is this NOW news and everyones soft spot for attention?

We really need to harden the fuck up and not be so spineless - WTF happened to my Dad's generation of thinking that was "suck it up, be a man and mind your own business" ????

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Sportbike: 2012 Ducati M696
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: Scout 67

Not that I think it's right but I don't even give a damn about shooting or bullying. When people talk about it, i feel it gives others the idea that if they do it they'll get attention.

Do humanity a favor if you are one of these people reading this...go walk into a forest preserve and kill yourself quietly LOL
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 AM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Part 1: Snowflake Mentality
Part 2: The Hugging Generation
Part 3: Parental Guilt and Overcompensation

Fast forward to the anonymity of the internet, and how easy it is to be over-the-top aggressive on a keyboard to a stranger....and then it's easy to understand how the kids that didn't keep score in little league and got a trophy anyway could go ape when someone from another state tweets or whatever that they want to skin that person alive and eat their entrails or whatever.

As with all things - it's not an easy answer.

Back in the good ole days - you'd have to back up your shit talking or forfeit a few teeth. Tended to keep everyone in check.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Part 1: Snowflake Mentality
Part 2: The Hugging Generation
Part 3: Parental Guilt and Overcompensation

Back in the good ole days - you'd have to back up your shit talking or forfeit a few teeth. Tended to keep everyone in check.
Agreed - We use to get in fights everyday and 90% of the time it was with your friends as you would fire off comments to each other and the tussling would begin - Then you learned quickly what you could and could not "say" face to face without either throwing a beating or catching one

This whole country seems to think that because you have a heart that beats and lungs that work, you are owed something without putting forth any effort and if someone is not the way you deem as appropriate, they are bully and mean

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"

Last edited by Bug; 11-13-2013 at 10:42 AM.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 AM

Sportbike: R6
Years Riding: Its my first time ;)
How you found us: Leghumpers Anonymous

We've become a bunch of pussies

WERA · CCS · EX #169
I would like to thank the 2014 sponsors...
Riders Discount · AllBalls Racing · Woodcraft · VinylSaurusRex · Pit Bull · Chicken Hawk Racing
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:37 AM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
This whole country seems to think that because you have a heart that beats and lungs that work, you are owed something without putting forth any effort and if someone is not the way you deem as appropriate, they are bully and mean
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-b...b_3930620.html

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:40 AM
You got the talkin' done

Sportbike: 2016 Honda Africa Twin & 1979 Honda CB750F
Years Riding: long enough to have fallen off a few times - glad I wear a helmet!
How you found us: Loose Lips Sink Ships, Loose Wires Cause Fires

And the cry baby response:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-entitled-poor

If you ain't with us, then it's just bad news.
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks

Lol that article is awesome.
Thanks for sharing.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Everyday I seem to stumble across another story of "Bully'ing" and they all seem like horse shit to me - When did we become such a nation of limp wrested pansies who cry about every little thing that makes us feel bad?

I just saw an article about the chick from the HC dot Gov who says she is being bullied because her face was on the site? - WHO FUCKING CARES - Did they hurt you or your family? Un kind words from idiots will alway happen and how is this NOW news and everyones soft spot for attention?

We really need to harden the fuck up and not be so spineless - WTF happened to my Dad's generation of thinking that was "suck it up, be a man and mind your own business" ????
A LOT issues in this country are due to either BAD or LACK of parenting. And its only gonna get worse.

post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Its me

Sportbike: DRZ,VFR & Misc. Dirtbikes
Years Riding: 35 years
How you found us: Member/Jrock

nice

It all went south for me when I saw this dad and son taking the kids bike up to the shop to change a flat tire. People can't or choose not to do anything themselves these days and their kids can't do crap because of it.
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 01:38 PM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
A LOT issues in this country are due to either BAD or LACK of parenting. And its only gonna get worse.

What does parenting have to do with being politically correct to muslims?
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 01:51 PM

I blame people like Gone in 3 and his muslims friends that came to the US that freeload off the system(free education), then they fly back to their 3rd world countries.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

I may not always take a popular position on the subjects that get discussed on CLSB or endeer myself to everyone but, I'm certain I contribute rational points respectfully...why can't TDS do the same? he's just not even mildly amusing anymore!
His constant goading of specific participants and his lack of even trying to follow the subject matter at hand in order to spew his tedious troll comments have finally driven me to put him on my ignore list. I believe CLSB will be a much better place if everyone does the same.

Rant off...I'll contribute something constructive on this subject later after I cool off....

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I may not always take a popular position on the subjects that get discussed on CLSB or endeer myself to everyone but, I'm certain I contribute rational points respectfully...why can't TDS do the same? he's just not even mildly amusing anymore!
His constant goading of specific participants and his lack of even trying to follow the subject matter at hand in order to spew his tedious troll comments have finally driven me to put him on my ignore list. I believe CLSB will be a much better place if everyone does the same.

Rant off...I'll contribute something constructive on this subject later after I cool off....

thanks for showing us how you are those people that we are talking about in this thread. Go bury your head in the sand and pretend you are living in fantasy land.

Quote:
I believe CLSB will be a much better place if everyone does the same.
wow, it really was when I was gone for about 3 months. What was the post count? 2 a day Maybe you can have Odyssey buy back the forum when you put me on ignore too.

Last edited by taledarkside; 11-13-2013 at 02:21 PM.
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I may not alwake a popular position on me subjects that get discussed on CLSB or endeer myself to everyone but, I'm certain I contribute rational points respectfully...why can't TDS do the same? he's just not even mildly amusing anymore!

I enjoy his comments. Their absurdity amuses me, even though a good number of them are pointed towards me. Rock on tds.

post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 07:50 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
yet another example from the professor with NO EXPERIENCE

So since you're always saying parents are to blame is it safe to say its your parents fault that you're cheap and always trying to get everything you buy almost to the point its free

The list is long I can continue with more examples mateen if needed

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 AM

Sportbike: CBR1100XX & CBR1000F
Years Riding: I can't remember that far back.
How you found us: Member

Hey you guys are a bunch of bullies.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 AM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Ok yeah people need to be tougher. But on the other hand, it is not ok for people to see someone's face in an ad and decide they want to track that person down and nag/bully/annoy that person. A lot of people hide behind the internet and they do/say things they would never do/say in person-- they haven't yet realized how "real" the medium is. No one is perfect-- people are going to slip and somehow some piece of personal info is going to make it on the web. That doesn't make it ok for people to show up at your house, call you, mail you things, etc etc. Just as much as people need to toughen up when they are picked on, people need to stop getting so worked up about others and making these sweeping assumptions that one action/event represents an entire person.

I remember a while ago someone commenting that they saw a lady using food stamps and then she left the store and got into her Lexus. And there was this huge to-do about the whole thing, like this woman represented all of the horrible things that ever happened in the world. No one ever stopped to think that maybe she was buying for an immobile family member, or perhaps she was right at that sweet spot where something catastrophic happened to her finances yet she hadn't been able to sell her car. I mean, it was just cruel. Just as much as she didn't deserve to be berated, I think the person who picked on her really should have just shut the hell up and minded their own business.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:23 AM
DONATING MEMBER

Sportbike: Trackdayz "I" bike!
Years Riding: since last year
How you found us: In a fortune cookie

This all started when more motorcycle parts were being sold online. Coincidence? I think not.

------->> Best motorcycle shop ever!

http://www.chicagoperformance.com/
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

good thing we have the gold standard of humanity in this very thread to carry on the torch

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ag View Post
I remember a while ago someone commenting that they saw a lady using food stamps and then she left the store and got into her Lexus. And there was this huge to-do about the whole thing, like this woman represented all of the horrible things that ever happened in the world. No one ever stopped to think that maybe she was buying for an immobile family member, or perhaps she was right at that sweet spot where something catastrophic happened to her finances yet she hadn't been able to sell her car. I mean, it was just cruel. Just as much as she didn't deserve to be berated, I think the person who picked on her really should have just shut the hell up and minded their own business.
Not sure what Lexus has anything to do with it. It is a piece of crap Japanese car that poor people drive.

Are you upset that there are people who abuse food stamps? Or do you believe there is no such thing as food stamp abuse?
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
lust for bikes!

Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill_ag View Post
I mean, it was just cruel. Just as much as she didn't deserve to be berated

someone didnt get the memo...

you need to harden the fuck up.

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Performance View Post
This all started when more motorcycle parts were being sold online. Coincidence? I think not.
I bet the Free Masons are behind it all and using Obama as a puppet. And Obama tapping our phones to see who is buying motorcycle parts.
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:20 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

wow this thread kicked off I think I will choose my words wisely this time and not say more on the last few post :O)

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 10:38 AM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
someone didnt get the memo...

you need to harden the fuck up.
That is like shooting someone and saying it's their fault they didn't get out of the way. You can't just sit there and pick on someone mercilessly and then tell them that issue is they aren't strong enough to take it. The other side of the coin is that you should lighten the f^&* up and find something better to do than pick on someone.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Sportbike: CBR F4i, Kawi ZX6E
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Google

Quote:
But on the other hand, it is not ok for people to see someone's face in an ad and decide they want to track that person down and nag/bully/annoy that person.
Never understood the big deal with cyber/internet bullying. Most all browsers come complete with a handy little x at the top right corner of the screen designed to instantly end all that shit. Better yet, turn off the damn computer, walk away and get a real life. You know, kinda like we had in the early 90s.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by singram View Post
You know, kinda like we had in the early 90s.
When Hair Metal faded away into the Sunset Strip and Seattle put themselves on the Musical Map

Great era to be alive and on cheap weed

post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 02:51 PM

This thread reminds me of Jessi Slaughter. A foul mouth 11 year old who posted an epic rant to all her 'haterz' out there -- to suck her non-existent penis, get aids and die.

Internet vigilantes from 4chan or Reddit pick up on it and shit turned ugly.

Here's the follow-up lol

Wait for her daddy to chime in and report everyone to the Internet police

post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Bug

Good times - Almost as good as "What What" and all the crap he caught but he took it all like a champ........

post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 03:05 PM

I'm going to really spend some time rethinking my internet persona, and the how this social commentary reflects against my own real life misconceptions, and fears.

Last edited by Underdog; 11-15-2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode