Crazy weather - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes
 
Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Crazy weather

First 20 inches of show then -20F.

After moving down south, I do miss shoveling the sidewalk on such days.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
Ain't no big thing - Its the Mid West in Winter - It will be 45 and sunny next weekend I am sure

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:46 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Ain't no big thing - Its the Mid West in Winter - It will be 45 and sunny next weekend I am sure
up for a ride bug lmfao

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 02:58 PM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where GM used to make Tahoes
Posts: 7,509
Location: Where GM used to make Tahoes
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Ain't no big thing - Its the Mid West in Winter - It will be 45 and sunny next weekend I am sure
Close, seeing forecast of 35 to 38 for sat.


Laughing that they closed schools through the state (and MN has also). Hell they've closed schools here because it was "too hot" for the students also. Kids are being made into freaking pussies. Wait until they get in the real world and they work at places that dont have AC and may not have great heat.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 06:25 PM
let's find some twisty's
 
mxvet57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: mt. prospect il.
Posts: 292
Location: mt. prospect il.
Sportbike: 06 Speed Triple 04 fjr1300, 88 ex500, 96 dr350, 96 gs500, 05 yz250, 01 yz250, 91 kx500
Years Riding: killing bugs since 1976
How you found us: search
  
Here's what i have to say to winter.


it's not the fall that kills you, it's that sudden stop
mxvet57 is offline  
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm always learning......
 
SloRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southwest Suburbs
Posts: 5,778
Location: Southwest Suburbs
Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS
           
This has already been a brutal winter. Had a fellow road driver run over and killed in the terminal last week partly because of the weather. Tonight at 10 p.m. I get to pull a set of doubles to Dubuque, Ia.. You guys be careful not to slide out of your beds tonight as I slide down the highway.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
SloRoll is offline  
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 12:05 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 3,454
Location: Chicago Illinois
Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!
           
Use those tire chains and keep the dirty side down, SloRoll!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
OldTimeBiker is offline  
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 07:33 AM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,288
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
Close, seeing forecast of 35 to 38 for sat.


Laughing that they closed schools through the state (and MN has also). Hell they've closed schools here because it was "too hot" for the students also. Kids are being made into freaking pussies. Wait until they get in the real world and they work at places that dont have AC and may not have great heat.
Until someones kid ends up dying because they are waiting for a bus that never comes and freezes to death. I agree with the schools close it down for a day or 2.
G2G is offline  
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 3,454
Location: Chicago Illinois
Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!
           
The ONLY reason the schools closed was because they were being heaviliy pressured by the teacher's union. The Chicago Public Schools had a reputation for never closing no matter what for over 100 years. The thinking was that learning should continue no matter what and that parents who have no options need to have a safe place for their kids during the extremes of our locale. The schools aren't run for the kids anymore...but, that's another discussion entirely.
The whole sensationalization of this weather is just a sign of how this country is becoming completely "pussified"! Sure, it's been awhile since we've experienced this kind of winter weather but, anyone who was thinking it was never going to happen again has been living in a delusion! For many years straight in the 70's and 80's, heavy snow and extreme cold were the norm, not the exception...Hell...I remember running ice races on Fox lake into the first week of April!.......Grab your woolies & long johns!........We could very well be cycling back into that pattern once again!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
OldTimeBiker is offline  
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
I'm a non-achiever.
 
shaugdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Naperville
Posts: 2,929
Location: Naperville
Sportbike: KTM 450sx/Sumo, XR50R w/training wheels
Years Riding: street 06; track 09
How you found us: the cops
           
I hope we are swinging to colder/snowier winters. My old man used to race oval and snowcross on snowmobiles in the Catskills and Adirondaks growing up. The Catskill mtn's don't get even a 10th of the snow he talks about.

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"
#313
shaugdog is offline  
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 02:32 PM
G2G
Registered User
 
G2G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 14,288
Location: Chicago
Sportbike: It changes everyday
Years Riding: since 1991
How you found us: Ur mom
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
The ONLY reason the schools closed was because they were being heaviliy pressured by the teacher's union. The Chicago Public Schools had a reputation for never closing no matter what for over 100 years. The thinking was that learning should continue no matter what and that parents who have no options need to have a safe place for their kids during the extremes of our locale. The schools aren't run for the kids anymore...but, that's another discussion entirely.
The whole sensationalization of this weather is just a sign of how this country is becoming completely "pussified"! Sure, it's been awhile since we've experienced this kind of winter weather but, anyone who was thinking it was never going to happen again has been living in a delusion! For many years straight in the 70's and 80's, heavy snow and extreme cold were the norm, not the exception...Hell...I remember running ice races on Fox lake into the first week of April!.......Grab your woolies & long johns!........We could very well be cycling back into that pattern once again!

No one really cares about the chicago schools. I for one am not talking about them. I am talking about my own kids school district and it was not closed because of the teachers union.
G2G is offline  
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 02:57 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
No one really cares about the chicago schools. I for one am not talking about them. I am talking about my own kids school district and it was not closed because of the teachers union.


So because they cancelled school today oldtimer are you saying that has weakened kids? Apparently you're in a delusional state of mind thinking women and kids can handle this temp. Most grown men yes because naturally the are more proficient at staying warm and cooler them women and kids. What about oldtimers such as yourself? should they be outside to avoid your term of pussified or is it slightly to dangerous for them? This is a rare occasion temps hit this low and don't say its a regular thing because the lowest recorded temp in Chicago was a back in 85 and -37 in IL back in 2009.

Heck dogs can tolerate cold and heat far better then people and my dogs only last 15 secs outside before they started holding their feet up and running back inside

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .

Last edited by C2M; 01-06-2014 at 03:20 PM.
C2M is offline  
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 3,454
Location: Chicago Illinois
Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
No one really cares about the chicago schools. I for one am not talking about them. I am talking about my own kids school district and it was not closed because of the teachers union.
I wasn't directing my comment towards you or anyone in particular really...The school closing thing has been a news story all day...My comment in total is how we seem to react to these extremes these days. Everything is so dramatized! It wasn't that long ago we took extreme weather in this part of the country in stride, bundled up and dealt with it......Nowadays everyone gets a pass...I mean my God...they didn't even deliver mail today!...The only time that's ever happened before was when it was impossible to move because everything is snowed in...I've never seen just cold temps alone stop the mail before.
We've become a nation of wimps whenever something like weather provides us with excuses!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
OldTimeBiker is offline  
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 PM
lust for bikes!
 
nouseforaname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: a prostitute
Posts: 3,941
Location: a prostitute
Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute
           
^complaining about complaining is still complaining. they closed schools. who gives a fuck. kids got to stay home. good for them

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
nouseforaname is offline  
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I wasn't directing my comment towards you or anyone in particular really...The school closing thing has been a news story all day...My comment in total is how we seem to react to these extremes these days. Everything is so dramatized! It wasn't that long ago we took extreme weather in this part of the country in stride, bundled up and dealt with it......Nowadays everyone gets a pass...I mean my God...they didn't even deliver mail today!...The only time that's ever happened before was when it was impossible to move because everything is snowed in...I've never seen just cold temps alone stop the mail before.
We've become a nation of wimps whenever something like weather provides us with excuses!
Aside from the extreme danger of those temps and what they do to the human body and mechanical etc. big fucking deal u didnt get you retirement check in the mail on time. I bet your logic would go over very well with the families of people who died in those two days.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I wasn't directing my comment towards you or anyone in particular really...The school closing thing has been a news story all day...My comment in total is how we seem to react to these extremes these days. Everything is so dramatized! It wasn't that long ago we took extreme weather in this part of the country in stride, bundled up and dealt with it......Nowadays everyone gets a pass...I mean my God...they didn't even deliver mail today!...The only time that's ever happened before was when it was impossible to move because everything is snowed in...I've never seen just cold temps alone stop the mail before.
We've become a nation of wimps whenever something like weather provides us with excuses!
What world do you live in? 10 minutes of exposure to this brutal weather can cause frost bite. That's the same amount of time it can take a kid to catch the next CTA bus. And god knows how under dressed they are. Most of them leave their homes at 7 am, predawn to go to school.

My guess is that you're sitting at home in comfort without the need to go out, complaining about the fact that the mail man didn't show up.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Cuddlie as a koala
 
YZFRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where GM used to make Tahoes
Posts: 7,509
Location: Where GM used to make Tahoes
Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2G View Post
Until someones kid ends up dying because they are waiting for a bus that never comes and freezes to death. I agree with the schools close it down for a day or 2.
Yet I went to school in days just like mon and tues. Then again we had enough common sense to fucking wear proper winter attire, not go to school wearing light coats, no gloves/mittens and no hats like many do now. Hell the fucking school district closed a couple years ago because it was "too hot" for kids.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
YZFRob is offline  
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Model citizen
 
Maynard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rockford
Posts: 10,023
Location: Rockford
Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
What world do you live in? 10 minutes of exposure to this brutal weather can cause frost bite. That's the same amount of time it can take a kid to catch the next CTA bus. And god knows how under dressed they are. Most of them leave their homes at 7 am, predawn to go to school.

My guess is that you're sitting at home in comfort without the need to go out, complaining about the fact that the mail man didn't show up.
Best post ever

Eric
Maynard is offline  
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Obsessed and Deranged
 
elroy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: il-west burbs and socal
Posts: 4,646
Location: il-west burbs and socal
Sportbike: SV1000S
Years Riding: too many years
How you found us: dumb luck
           
cant we all just get along?
elroy121 is offline  
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 3,454
Location: Chicago Illinois
Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!
           
I'm not complaining. Nor has anything I've posted been directed toward anyone specifically. I'm just making comment on how the media sensationalizes events like the extreme weather we're having and how our society has gotten soft. This weather is extreme and it is rare but...it's NOT unprecedented. When the biggest story to actually come out of it is setting a record for the coldest high of one day by one degree, how devastating is it really?
You're right...I no longer have to go out in it. I'm lucky... but, I did...I checked on my neighbors who are elderly and swept the drifted snow off their stairs and helped one neighbor get his car going so he could get to work... believe me, I know what it's like to have to be out in this and how to deal with it because I did it for many years. I have nothing but respect for those who go out and deal with it in these extremes because I know first hand what they're experiencing... My point is about those who have become so intimidated by the extremes that life can and does hand us that they refuse to participate because they can't stand to be inconvenienced or uncomfortable. They shut down and blame the weather....They hear sensationalized reports on the news how bad it is and they don't even try to deal with it.....It's a sad commentary on where we are and where we're headed.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
OldTimeBiker is offline  
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
I hear what you are saying OTB - The days of "Suck it up and just rub some dirt on it" and "if you're thirsty, drink from the hose" are LOOOOOOONG gone

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I'm not complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
I mean my God...they didn't even deliver mail today!
Sounds to me like an old man complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
My point is about those who have become so intimidated by the extremes that life can and does hand us that they refuse to participate because they can't stand to be inconvenienced or uncomfortable.
-44 F is not "uncomfortable." Its down right extreme for a human body to endure, especially children.

I agree with your point about society becoming lazier and all, but this weather is not the right example to use.

Anyway, its gonna be 70s later this week. I'm looking forward to that!

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Registered User
 
BanditCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: .
Posts: 2,083
Location: .
Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
I hear what you are saying OTB - The days of "Suck it up and just rub some dirt on it" and "if you're thirsty, drink from the hose" are LOOOOOOONG gone
Agreed...I had to bite my tongue a couple of times when I thought about complaining about the cold, but got to thinking about my uncle when he told me stories of when he was in Belgium in WW2....yeah it was cold the last couple of days, but at least I had thinsulate/gortex and wasn't forced to be outside.

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
BanditCPA is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:30 PM
lust for bikes!
 
nouseforaname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: a prostitute
Posts: 3,941
Location: a prostitute
Sportbike: a prostitute
Years Riding: a prostitute
How you found us: a prostitute
           
breaking news! this just [email protected]!!

the media sensationalizes events!

"Why are all these people here? There are too many people on this earth. We need a new plague…"

"Thats it, nobody gets out of here alive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobbins View Post
I agree completely with Steve (nouseforaname)
nouseforaname is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:05 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ
 
C2M's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Crook county
Posts: 11,372
Location: Crook county
Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
breaking news! this just [email protected]!!

the media sensationalizes events!
LMFAO don't forget everyones pussified for NOT challenging mother nature

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
C2M is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 3,454
Location: Chicago Illinois
Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
...I agree with your point about society becoming lazier and all, but this weather is not the right example to use...
My Friend,

Extremes like this weather are indeed the type of event and times that the strong character that makes people deal with the adversity of it is built, re-inforced and displayed.
I lament the passing of that kind of character.
If this kind of Winter becomes the norm for the next several years, (which in the past has happened and surely will happen again... if not now sometime in the future) Are we going to be people that cower at home waiting for the weather guy on the news or some "official" to tell us and guide us how to deal with it or do we want to be the kind of people who take it in stride and cope with it until it's over? I prefer to be in the latter group...If that makes me "old" or out of step with "modern" thinking, I can live with that...I'd rather think for myself and rely on myself any day!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
OldTimeBiker is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Gone In 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas/Chicago
Posts: 5,771
Location: Texas/Chicago
Sportbike: CBR1000RR
Years Riding: Been around the block with training wheels
How you found us: Folks
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
My Friend,

Extremes like this weather are indeed the type of event and times that the strong character that makes people deal with the adversity of it is built, re-inforced and displayed.
I lament the passing of that kind of character.
If this kind of Winter becomes the norm for the next several years, (which in the past has happened and surely will happen again... if not now sometime in the future) Are we going to be people that cower at home waiting for the weather guy on the news or some "official" to tell us and guide us how to deal with it or do we want to be the kind of people who take it in stride and cope with it until it's over? I prefer to be in the latter group...If that makes me "old" or out of step with "modern" thinking, I can live with that...I'd rather think for myself and rely on myself any day!
If schools are closed for couple of days during -40 F or if the mail doesn't get delivered because snow is 2 feet high, turned to solid ice, with mail men needing to be out for hours at a time during extremely frigid temps, I think that's perfectly reasonable.

You better be nice to America or we will bring democracy to your country.
Gone In 3 is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM
Bug
Ridiculously Good Looking
 
Bug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 32,746
Location: Gold Coast
Sportbike: Sportbike?
Years Riding: No F'in Idea
How you found us: 4 & 6
           
What does any of this have to do with Dave13 being able to carry a gun in Fla?

Buy a Busa and bring back PTG

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming WOW, what a RIDE !!"
Bug is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Registered User
 
Tupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
 
i dont mind the snow but i hate the cold
Tupp is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 02:00 PM
BH
Registered User
 
BH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: CowTown, IN
Posts: 4,740
Location: CowTown, IN
Sportbike: KTM
Years Riding: Long enough to get arm pump
How you found us: find who?
           
Send a message via Yahoo to BH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone In 3 View Post
If schools are closed for couple of days during -40 F or if the mail doesn't get delivered because snow is 2 feet high, turned to solid ice, with mail men needing to be out for hours at a time during extremely frigid temps, I think that's perfectly reasonable.
-40?
where?
wind chill doesn't fucking count. that's why the fucking make ski masks.
BH is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome