Call for Boycott - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2002 Turbo Hayabusa
Years Riding: Lost Track
How you found us: Tony

Call for Boycott

There's a new Subway about to open in downtown Naperville and the owner is not bike friendly. Tonight he was being a real prick about the bikes parking in the 3 minute parking while members of his work crew had been parked there all along.

Apparently he wasn't satisfied with being a prick instead of explaining that he had a load of stuff to deliver and nearly started a fight with one of the guys parked there until the officer told him to shut up and let him handle the situation.

I'll be damned if I'm giving that guy one penny of my business. If he's going to be hostile to bikers, I think we should keep our money in our pockets and tell as many friends as possible to do the same.

The guy who runs the Eatery around the corner is a much nicer guy and is a biker himself with a sweet Indian motorcycle. Plus he has great french fries.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Obviously this guy did not scout out that loacation before he bought it. Otherwise he would have know that he needs to chill. He isnt getting any of my money.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 08:23 AM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

same here...any moron knows he isnt gonna get business from people PARKING infront of his store to come in and buy then leave....80% of that blocks business is WALK BY business.

PERIOD....he wont get none of mine..and i am sure..if he pisses off anymore bikers..the shop will be in BIG trouble

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:21 AM
M109R

Sportbike: 07 Suzuki Boulevard M109R
Years Riding: 6
How you found us: ??

i don't really like subway sandwiches anyways

How do you turn this thing on?
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:26 AM

I love Subway, but that's just not cool. Where exactly are they building this place. I want more details than just downtown naperthrill........

boycott is on
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Fuck Him and Jarrad
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
Yanno, I never did like Subway.

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

Dunno bout you guys, But I have never been able to get in and out of a Subway in 3 minutes or less. What is the purpose for any parking that short.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:11 PM

It takes me that long just to get out of my damn gear!!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:15 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time

I'm in on the boycott. No cash for that punk!!!!!!!

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:25 PM
YO MAMA

there 2 doors down from the star bucks

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 12:30 PM

like who is going to enforce a 3 min parking sign? Is he going to come out and hose you down with old mustard?
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Y2KR1
like who is going to enforce a 3 min parking sign? Is he going to come out and hose you down with old mustard?
I told one of the calmer officers that perhaps I would start coming down with my cell phone and phoning the station for any of his customers who exceed the 3 minute parking. Even the officers (most of them) understand that even Starbuck's can't serve you in 3 minutes.

Interestingly, apparently Starbuck's complaint about "us" congesting the sidewalk enough last year that it backfired and they were not given permission to place tables on the sidewalk this year.

Arrogance, while annoying, generally gets rewarded appropriately in time!

Dave
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

How about letting Subway's head office know that he's harrassing potential customers.

Better yet, if you have your car/truck, go in and when they ask what you like, start ordering, then "remember" to say, "sorry, I forgot that this Subway discriminates against motorcyclists" and walk out with half the sandwich made.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2002, 09:43 PM
YO MAMA

you know what......GREAT FUCKEN idea rob....i saw next friday night...IF WAR already hasnt started there tonight...we get ALL the bike guys on the block dave and go in and start ordering sandwiches...and then we give him ROBS line and walk out...as we trash the place doing it.

(ok leave out the trashing the place part)

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

He's not open to the public yet. Personally, I'm not stepping foot in the place.

Dave
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-13-2002, 08:12 PM
Lovin this Twin

Sportbike: 05 SV1000S, Wide Glide, DR350
Years Riding: 1/2 hour then it rained
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan Send a message via Yahoo to Hooligan
3 min parking

I am a regular down at Starbucks and my experience with the 3 min parking goes like this.................{ and this is also what a Naperthrill cop said} If your drinking something purchased from Starbucks its ok to park there......... If your not simply park across the street, where most park anyway.

Its simply a way for the cops to have a reason to keep that corner clear for traffic and trouble makers.

As far as the new Subway goes........ its not done yet, and I wasnt aware of the new owner being a prick,

The cops actually like the bikers down there, its the punks with loud stereos and exhaust that they hassel the most

I personally think the subway is gonna have a hard time competing with the starbucks crowd down there I give him the rest of the summer and I believe he will be closed,,, it just doesnt fit down there.

This is gonna hurt!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 12:53 AM
rider for life

Sportbike: CBR1100XX
Years Riding: First let the clutch out in 1972
How you found us: no- you found me

You know, it sure seems from other's reports on this board and some media coverage, the Nippleville is a VERY anti-bike, uptight, fascist little plastic suburb. Glad I don't live there.

I've heard more than enough to convince me to not go there for anything or spend a dime there.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 10:25 AM

another angle...

here is a guy who probably just invested his life savings in a Subway franchise. He is trying to get his store open before the first lease installment is due, waiting for an important delivery which is probably late and then sees vehicles blocking the entrance, ignoring signs and hindering his progress. Did he specifically DIS bikers, yelling and screaming about how we are the scum of the earth and the source of all the ills in society? I wasn't there and don't know first hand what was going on, but c'mon, boycotting a Subway? At least have the stones to go to the guy, air your grievances and inform him of what you intend to do if these injuries are not remedied before blacklisting him on the "SBN Chicago" site...
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Re: another angle...

Quote:
Originally posted by dave333
here is a guy who probably just invested his life savings in a Subway franchise. He is trying to get his store open before the first lease installment is due, waiting for an important delivery which is probably late and then sees vehicles blocking the entrance, ignoring signs and hindering his progress. Did he specifically DIS bikers, yelling and screaming about how we are the scum of the earth and the source of all the ills in society? I wasn't there and don't know first hand what was going on, but c'mon, boycotting a Subway? At least have the stones to go to the guy, air your grievances and inform him of what you intend to do if these injuries are not remedied before blacklisting him on the "SBN Chicago" site...
I was there and the guy was a prick. He damn near started a fight with one of the guys and created a scene with the police. He asked us "Can't you fucking read the 3 minute parking sign?" while two of his own work crew's vehicles were parked there longer than us. The police, who have mostly been pretty cool about the whole thing (except for one unnamed officer who seems to have an attitude problem), have talked to us since, letting us know this guy is going to be a jerk.

He didn't even bother to ask us to move or that he had to unload some stuff and starts a scene between us and the police.

Come on down for a Subway sandwich if you like. Be sure you make a point to introduce yourself to the bike crowd and make your point before you do. I'm sure the guys will see your point!

He's not getting a dime from me! Welcome to capitalism, you piss off potential customers, you lose business. Even some of the officers know how stupid that is! We do have a choice whether to patronize such behavior.

Want to make a bet whether people can park in the 3 minute zone, get into Subway, order their sandwich, and finish the transaction in 3 minutes? Starbuck's can't do it most of the time and they serve drinks.

Oh, and one other thing:

You want to enforce 3 minute parking...fine, do it consistently and fairly. Ticket ALL vehicles that exceed the limit, including the business owners (it's a CITY ORDINANCE, not private parking). Then the bikers know it's enforced and they find another spot to park. Focusing specifically on bikes who can park 5-6 in a single space while ignoring the BMW is discrimination. Enforcing only when you're pissed off about something or need to show some authority is what creates the problem in the first place.

Dave

Last edited by BusaDave; 07-14-2002 at 11:34 AM.
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

So how is it that a business can put parking restrictions on a PUBLIC street? I dont get it.

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by YZFRob
So how is it that a business can put parking restrictions on a PUBLIC street? I dont get it.
It's a city ordinance. I'm sure the Chamber of Commerce had a hand in getting the City Council to pass this. It's been that way for a long time but it's only enforced when someone raises a stink and generally when the bikes are there.

There have been instances where the bikes are threatened with tickets but cars are left alone. I've forced the issue a couple of times and got tickets issued but if noone says anything they commonly leave cars parked there.

When we push the issue, there's one officer (the one with the attitude) that likes to threaten "one bike per parking space". Everyone knows the end result of that!

Dave
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Oh. As for the 1 bike per space BS, I know in WI you can legally park 4 bikes per stall. Thats in teh state book. I'm guessing Il has a similar one.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-14-2002, 11:37 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

Quote:
Originally posted by YZFRob
Oh. As for the 1 bike per space BS, I know in WI you can legally park 4 bikes per stall. Thats in teh state book. I'm guessing Il has a similar one.
Umm I think in Lake Geneva, a couple of the boys here got tickets for more than 3 in a stall. Hey Lupi am I correct?
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 07:21 AM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
Quote:
Originally posted by Champ91

Umm I think in Lake Geneva, a couple of the boys here got tickets for more than 3 in a stall. Hey Lupi am I correct?
City ordanace overrides state. Just ask Jim, his brother-in-law and myself. Hence the parking tickets we got last yer for having 4 bikes in one stall.

Ciao,
Lupi
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 07:27 AM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
Re: 3 min parking

Quote:
Originally posted by HooliganZX10
The cops actually like the bikers down there, its the punks with loud stereos and exhaust that they hassel the most
I guess that means I'm not alowed to be there then. Shuchks!
Ciao,
Lupi
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Re: Re: Re: 3 min parking

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael

you're not missing much .. except for some occasional eye candy .. but i think SOW has better eye candy anyway
C'mon, Naperville is a college town. Plenty of Eye candy

Ya know guys if you would just buy a cruiser and park over by the latern and have a few beers with me the cops wouldnt give you any hassle. Oh did you notice that right in front of Jimmy's they actually have motorcycle parking only signs now. Now thats awesome. We need ot get some of those over by Starbucks. Motorcycle parking only from 7 to midnight on weekends.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 01:07 AM

Sportbike: ninja
Years Riding: since I was a kid
How you found us: K.I.T.T.

bump support the boycott

did a search for frenchfries couldn't find my thread right away.

WTF, ask for fresh fries, and they just reheated the fries. could have waited 3 min.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 01:19 AM

Sportbike: '03 Gsxr 1000, '04 Zuma,07 GSXR 600 trackbike
Years Riding: june 2007, since new,july '10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Pilotx1 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotx1
holy old thread batman

stop whining about your fries

-Jason
CCS AM #31
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 AM

Sportbike: 2007 GSXR 600
Years Riding: 4 years now (off/on)
How you found us: friend

Subway is stale bread, Jarrad is a stupids asshole and that "5 dollar foot long" song makes me want to kill a man and anyone involed in those dumb "crowd singing" commercials. I've boycotting those assholes for years. Them and those stupid fuckers at U Haul. Fuckers...

As your attorney, I advise to you take this acid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode