cubs parking - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2005 V-Strom
Years Riding: 24 years
How you found us: Google

cubs parking

I may be attending a Cubs game tomorrow. From research I've done a motorcycle can park in any residential street parking spot without a local permit. I got this from Abate as well as other sources. A co-worker advised me against this even if it was true. He said that cars tend to attempt to fit into very tight spaces and many won't care about knocking a bike over. Is this true? It is safe to park a bike near Wrigley Field? Any other good options for motorcycle parking near Wrigley Field?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

We went back in 84. Was a PITA to find ANY parking. Streets were packed. Ended up parking in some private 'lot' for $5. I wouldn't even try to ride a bike there. Doesn't the trains go from Elgin to downtown Chicago?

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 07:43 PM

Sportbike: 08 gsx six fiddy F
Years Riding: 1
How you found us: forum link

Skip it and go to the hawks game instead. Much more to see there.

2008 Suzuki gsx 650f.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
Thomas Jefferson
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Model citizen

Sportbike: ktm
Years Riding: a few
How you found us: SBN

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFRob View Post
We went back in 84. Was a PITA to find ANY parking. Streets were packed. Ended up parking in some private 'lot' for $5. I wouldn't even try to ride a bike there. Doesn't the trains go from Elgin to downtown Chicago?
Lol! Pretty sure someone here may have a more recent experience.

Eric
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 02:58 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Lol! Pretty sure someone here may have a more recent experience.
Yeah its probably $40 now to park in those residents "lots".

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 PM

Sportbike: Triumph Bonneville...the original sportbike!
Years Riding: Since about 11 years after my adult teeth came in
How you found us: I tripped over ya on my way to the can!

All motorcycles can legally park on any Chicago city street that requires a residential parking permit without a permit.

I live about 7 or 8 miles west of Wrigley field right off of Addison avenue. Come park in front of my house and jump on the Addison bus. I'm far enough away that you won't have any of the hassles of traffic congestion and trying to squeeze your bike between cars that are parked very close...Allow some extra time for the wait for a bus and travel time.
Seeing as how this is likely moot for today's last game of the season the offer will stand for next year!

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-25-2014, 10:41 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeBiker View Post
All motorcycles can legally park on any Chicago city street that requires a residential parking permit without a permit.

I live about 7 or 8 miles west of Wrigley field right off of Addison avenue. Come park in front of my house and jump on the Addison bus. I'm far enough away that you won't have any of the hassles of traffic congestion and trying to squeeze your bike between cars that are parked very close...Allow some extra time for the wait for a bus and travel time.
Seeing as how this is likely moot for today's last game of the season the offer will stand for next year!
Straight from the city of Chicago website:

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en...inchicago.html

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-26-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman82 View Post
Straight from the city of Chicago website:

http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en...inchicago.html
UMMMMM...Exactly what I posted...if you park a motorcycle on a street that requires a residential parking permit THE MOTOCYCLE (or scooter) does NOT need a residential parking permit.

City stickers and residential parking permits are 2 separate entities and if you are not a resident of the city you do NOT need a city sticker.

"Dirt is for racing on...Asphalt is for getting there" OR "Flat trackers go in deeper and come out harder... OR (With apologies to General MaCarthur) "Old motorcycle racers never die, they just slip off the groove and fade into the dust!

If you want to anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal all one must do is tell the truth!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Please attend carefully..

Sportbike: 2000 ZX6R (the green one!)
Years Riding: 2000
How you found us: I've been here a while...

Quote:
UMMMMM...Exactly what I posted...if you park a motorcycle on a street that requires a residential parking permit THE MOTOCYCLE (or scooter) does NOT need a residential parking permit.

City stickers and residential parking permits are 2 separate entities and if you are not a resident of the city you do NOT need a city sticker.
Just giving you backup.

"Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it." - JP2

"Life is just a place where we spend time between games" - former Philadelphia Flyers coach Fred Shero

"everyone's a nutjob, some just have more restraint than others" - EndlessRR
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2005 V-Strom
Years Riding: 24 years

OldtimeBiker, thanks for the offer. I might just do that next year. When I got to the field at 4:30 there were a few bikes parked in the area. I could have probably parked next to one of them. I ended up parking in Skokie and taking the L down.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman82 View Post
Just giving you backup.

...Cool...

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 06:52 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

7-8 miles away and take a bus thats at least a 1.5 hrs ride with cubs traffic plus regular traffic?

You can easily park a lot closer to the park and walk or take the bus. or even park at the devry parking lot 2.5 miles from the park and take the cubs shuttle bus.

Im at irving park and California which is 2.9 miles and to drive to the park for me on a cubs day would easily 45 mins in that traffic depending on how much road rage i decided to have that day it could be less.

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 AM

Sportbike: GT7243
Years Riding: 2

Chicago Cubs Parking Passes are on sale now at Stubhub. Buy parking passes before you arrive
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 02:07 AM

Wrigley Field Parking - Find, compare & book discount parking spots near Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 02:08 AM

As of July 1, 2008, the LV-2 Cubs Night Parking program has been eliminated in the 44th Ward.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Spambots be full of shit......Come park by my place...it's free, no permit needed if you're on your bike...There are bikes in front of my house all the time...The 152 Addison bus stops about 10 steps from where your bike will be...the bus ride is usually about 40 to 50 minutes for a weekday game and I live far enough west that you will get a seat and then it drops you right in front of Wrigley Field!

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 05:44 PM
C2M
ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞɔnɟ ɐ sǝʌıƃ oɥʍ

Sportbike: 636/ zzr600/ r6
Years Riding: Since 07
How you found us: bathroom stall

Quote:
Spambots be full of shit......Come park by my place...it's free, no permit needed if you're on your bike...There are bikes in front of my house all the time...The 152 Addison bus stops about 10 steps from where your bike will be...the bus ride is usually about 40 to 50 minutes for a weekday game and I live far enough west that you will get a seat and then it drops you right in front of Wrigley Field!
Spambots please old-timer your still a dick. what I would give to personally tell you that too.

Im pretty sure after 37 years of dealing with cubs traffic and living here my entire life i have far more knowledge of it. By all means tho if having them park that far away and spending the same amount of time in travel as a game last makes you feel special by all means continue with your stupid advice.

BTW who said anything about parking permits? Where i am at there is no parking permits free for all and that last all the way up to damon ave after that is when parking permits are required then again bikes don't need to have permits as already stated thus your points mean nothing, Again whether his bike is parked by addison and harlem or California and addison or two blocks from the park its still the same 10 steps.

Lesson learned old-timer must obviously like taking the bus that smell like piss and shit from the homeless constantly riding, not to mention the whacks that troll the bus all day. to each is their own moron

go time traveler style and go back in time, fuck his grandma, then shoot forward in time and then fuck his mom. Then return back to present state and call him a the product of two incest whores and hes your son and show video of you plowing the both members of his family. .
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 07:35 PM

^^^The spambots shot wasn't directed at you...maybe if you took the time to read the whole thread you'd actually have a clue what was going on and the things that were discussed...I simply offered someone a nice safe place to park their bike for free and take a bus to the ballgame because it would be easy and convenient...especially if coming from the 'burbs...living where I do the bus is the best & easiest way to go to Wrigley... I've been doing it for over 50 years and I've never encountered or smelled any of your relatives! ... You got a hardon for me?...GOOD! I really like the fact I get under your skin because every time you post something to slam or belittle me you show everyone who reads it what an ignorant, self important, small minded little prick you really are.

Last edited by OldTimeBiker; 10-12-2014 at 10:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode