Chicagoland Sportbike Forums banner

CLSB Update

5K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  J Cal 
#1 ·
Still in Naperville. Still riding.

Heavily modified CRF250L, a CRF230F and a PW50 for the little guys...how times have changed.

#7 ·
Yes, and yes!!

$10k+ price tag...but still that thing looks awesome. That said, I could have a really, really nice dual sport AND trail bike for that price tag! Really great to see Honda reacting to the Euro makes taking over the off road scene.

Still have the YZF although its be out of commission since July 2013. Just haven't got around ot work on it. Have a SV650 I've been racing since 2012. Picked up a Zuma 50 2 yrs ago. Got hit by a car on the HD in 2014, hit and run. Apparently some asshat ina prius cant seen a big black tour bike with a rider in a grey/fluorescent yellow Aerostich suit with yellow helmet on a nice sunny day. Then didn't have the balls to stop.
I had a KTM 950SM that I just sold, partly because it just wasn't well suited for 1/2 of the riding I was doing and because the street is getting worse and worse. Hopefully you weren't too banged up from that. Are you running CCS?

#6 ·
Still have the YZF although its be out of commission since July 2013. Just haven't got around ot work on it. Have a SV650 I've been racing since 2012. Picked up a Zuma 50 2 yrs ago. Got hit by a car on the HD in 2014, hit and run. Apparently some asshat ina prius cant seen a big black tour bike with a rider in a grey/fluorescent yellow Aerostich suit with yellow helmet on a nice sunny day. Then didn't have the balls to stop.

#14 ·
I'd love to see this place return to even half of what it used to be. I never posted much, but used to check in all the time. Went on a handful of group rides which were great, even if I didn't know anyone personally.

My small group of riding friends has dwindled down to one and, even then, he hardly rides anymore.

#16 ·
Hey all, been a long time. My wife, @jenkow, and I are still riding. She has a Triumph Scrambler and I have a Triumph Tiger 800.

If anyone is interested in setting up a ride, shoot me a PM. Would love to do a group ride (especially sport adventure with a little off-road action) like the old days. Well, except for all the noobs crashing and such...

Some pics of the crew:

Attachments

#18 ·
Where do you usually ride? I've been riding my KTM almost exclusively on the street and want to do some more adventure/off road stuff. I'm tempted on just riding on some cool spots I've seen, but not sure what the penalty is if I get caught.

#20 ·
Here for the Gang Bang

#23 ·
Hey guys, just randomly remembered this site and figured I'd log in! Sad to see this site so dead considering the number of riders I see on a daily basis. I wasn't around when this site was as busy as you all say, but I'd love to help bring it back that way...

#30 · (Edited)
Got myself a decent job last fall, and a 2015 FZ09 to celebrate!

Also the password requirements for this mostly dead forum are bullshit. lmao

I *do* miss the forum being active though, catwlights blasting me on that anything goes forum be damned. Reddit etc feel like ~adhd~ insert non-offensive descriptor here with no way to refresh/update older news.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.