Pirelli Tires - Grave Disappointment - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Old bikes RULE! RIDE ONE!

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50
Years Riding: since dirt was new and Jesus was a baby
How you found us: Doc, CherryPicker, BFree - The Paddock at Grattan Raceway

Pirelli Tires - Grave Disappointment

It's with the greatest disappointment that I report this.

Unfortunately, and obviously unbeknownst to me, to successfully complete the requisites for a free Pirelli front tire I was supposed to register on a website. That information was not visible to me on the coupon I received in .pdf format. According to Pirelli's Customer Service personnel anyone not registered via website will have the coupon and receipt returned to them without the front tire. If I receive my coupon and receipt returned to me in the mail I will be selling the Pirelli Diablo in my possession never to purchase another Pirelli tire. Should anyone be interested in the 180 spec tire please contact me.

Bill Taborn

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

The first turn is the worst turn, between the left ear and the right one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Inu
Computer Junkie

Sportbike: 02 Katana 600
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: http://www.katanaplanet.com

Send a message via AIM to Inu Send a message via Yahoo to Inu
That sucks ass! Sorry to hear you got screwed man!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: Aspencade - sold, GSX-R 1000, GSX 600 F - sold, CB 250, DT 100 A, JR 50

This was sent, by me to Pirelli Tires North America, just minutes ago.

As a matter of coincidence, after speaking with Customer Serivce today, I received the coupon and receipt submitted for a free Diablo front tire. Along with the coupon and receipt submitted were instructions for website registration to complete the free tire offer. Please accept my apology for doubting the seriousness afforded to customer service duties by Pirelli Tire North America.

Bill Taborn

"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard..."

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

The website for registration is us.pirellimoto.com

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Apparently registration at the website has been closed since March 19, 2004. This thing is really getting old.

Bill Taborn

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

At this point I'm putting the tire up for sale. I can get Bridgestones for the same price and I know I like those tires. Pirelli's disclaimer is that the offer was only good while supplies lasted and the demand was overwhelming. I can tell you from professional experience that any business that uses that tact is unprepared to do business and ultimately suffers. I would have even accepted paying wholesale cost for the Diablo because all the requisite stuff was not completed by March 31, 2004 but Pirelli will not even make that concession.

If anyone wants the tire it's actually a 190 spec not 180 but it's yours for $139.00.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 08:38 PM

I went through the process, and got my tire in quick fashion. No problems here, and they are great tires. You will be missing out.

In order to recieve a free $100+ tire, you have to dot all of the i's and cross all of the t's.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

I admit to being an uniformed consumer. Since no one has purchased the tire I will definitely use it. I would be foolish not to do so. However, I have decided not to purchase Pirelli tires from this point forward.

I called Pirelli and was told I failed to correctly register. I explained the situation and was informed my failure to correctly register would prevent my receiving the tire. I then, later that day, received a notice in the mail from Pirelli stating I failed to register via the website and needed to do so in order to obtain the tire. But, of course, the website said the offer was closed as of March 19, 2004. So supplies ran out earlier than anticipated.

This leads me to several thoughts. First, Pirelli specified that the offer was for a limited time only and as long as supplies lasted. Okay, they don't owe me an apology or a tire. Second, the goal of the program was to garner a larger market share. As I understand things to have gone a large number of people missed out on the offer although they did, in fact, follow all the appropriate instructions. So, wouldn't it have been better for Pirelli, in the long run, to at least offer a wholesale tire to those who legitimately registered in time for the offer? Wouldn't it have been easier, for the consumer, to be able to redeem the offer at a local dealer? Pirelli did as much as they could to make this a steeplechase, at least from my vantage point. And like all rebate offers they expect and devise a certain failure rate. So, I was one of the statistics. So be it. I just hope that they don't mind not having repeat business from me.

Bill Taborn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode