Check out this post on SBN about ghosts and stuff - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

Check out this post on SBN about ghosts and stuff

Kinda scary, freaky stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM

Thank You. You have officially scared the **** out of me at midnight. Congrats
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
yo quiero su taco

Sportbike: Honda CBR 954 blk/slvr
Years Riding: 10 years
How you found us: They found me. Follow the white rabbit.

lol It was 12 midnight when I read that stuff, I'm still sitting here all freaked out! waiting for my dead dog to come scratching at my bedroom door.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteSeatEnvy
lol It was 12 midnight when I read that stuff, I'm still sitting here all freaked out! waiting for my dead dog to come scratching at my bedroom door.
Off to bed I go
Crying like a little baby
In fear....
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Death is coming....

Sportbike: 2001 F4i r/w
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: Search

"I had this friend who thought he was being probed by aliens...but we realized it was only his dad wrapped in aluminum foil."

It was scary until I read that.

<----Reaper
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 05:27 AM

Sportbike: 04 Gsx-R1000
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: search engine

Send a message via AIM to gsxRboi17
man that is some freeky stuff.
i have a ton of personal ghost stories that come to mind after reading those!
wanna hear?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:28 PM

I'll kick off the stories here...There's this supposedly haunted graveyard near Alsip called Bachelor's Grove. It's about 1/4 mile walk into the woods off of this one turnpike. I heard about it through this one book my buddy had which named the 20 most haunted places in America or whatever and that was one of them. So anyway, I had been there a handful of times, including halloween, but the cops try to keep everyone outta there. It's mostly a overgrown graveyard with old tombstones. It's not uncommon to run into other people coming or going there since it draws lot's of people there. One time though...I was coming in with a buddy of mine and we ran into a group of other guys also coming there. They were mostly joking around and trying to scare each other...so at one point my buddy and I are sitting there and we hear wind chimes. We thought nothing of it...someone probably hung some up on a tree not to far away to scare people, but right after we hear this girl scream from across the yard and she goes booking out of there. All we hear is her yelling that it sounded like wind chimes and was slowly walking towards her. Actually we just figured that it's someone messing around with the people there so mad no big deal out of it, but decided to head out anyway. As we're walking out, one of the guys from the group we met decided that he had to take a leak real bad and did it more or less right out in the open. A few guys said that it was somewhat disrepectful, but he didn't seem to care and laughed it off. So we all ended up walking out together...until we got to where there was a street light. My buddy noticed something dripping off this guys hand (the one that took a leak). As we approached him, everyone stopped and looked at his arm...there was a good amount of blood now dripping down. We looked for for a cut or something, but there was nothing there...it was as if he dipped his arm into a bucket of blood and it was now dripping off...now that's freaky.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Well, here's my story... Actually I have two... I'll tell you the less scary of the two first.

My room mate and I both play guitar. Well, I have only known the room mate for about a year and a half. One night, I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. I woke up around 5:00 in the morning to the sound of a guitar being strummed across all six strings. There were no chords or fingered notes, just six open strings up and six open strings down... It was coming from my room mates bedroom. This went on for about 5 or 10 minutes. I didn't really think any thing of it until about a week or so later, it came up in conversation. I asked him what he was doing up at 5:30 in the am, and why he was playing guitar. he responded by telling me that I was crazy, and that he hadn't been up at 5:30 am on a weekend in years. Well, I told him the story of what I heard, and he figured it was time to tell me the story about his guitar. back when he lived in Iowa, this happened more than once. He described it exactly how I heard it a week or so previously... Talk about freaky. I only heard it one other time, but I was too scared to get up to see what was playing guitar. We have just accepted the fact that the guitar is haunted, and try to leave the thing in its case.

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Slowass

Yeah, I fully believe in the paranormal. What interests me also is how these things get invited into people's lives. They seem to only surround certain people: I, myself, am some sort of an antidode to this stuff. For example, I bet if I were to buy this guitar, this stuff would stop. It never comes to me, whereas with some people I know, it follows them everywhere.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirate
We have just accepted the fact that the guitar is haunted, and try to leave the thing in its case.
I too have a haunted guitar. No, not the kind that plays itself. The kind where all the previous owners die a violent death shortly after selling it. I bought it in the 60's for $30 from a buddy of mine named Ed, that enlisted in the Army. Back in those days you were pretty much assured you were going to Vietnam if you were in the military. Well, we had a going away party for him and off he went. One month later we hear the sad news. He was hit by a rocket or mortar and killed. Flashback to the guitar now. It turned out that Ed had bought the guitar from another acquaintance of mine who was killed in a violent auto vs. truck accident on I-55 shortly after selling the guitar to him. I've had this old guitar now for close to 40 years. I guess when it goes, so do I.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 03:55 PM

Bachelors Grove - why visit? I am not a big fan of going into graveyards for any reason other than paying respects to the friends or relatives who may be buried there. It's supposed to be your final resting place, and here people go in and vandalize the graveyard. What lowlifes.. if there does exist life after death, can you blame those buried there for being upset? Tombstones kicked over, garbage all around.. I don't need to be any part of that.

Some of the stories mentioned sure are interesting though. I've never had any personal experiences with the paranormal, but I suppose I do believe it's out there. Fun stuff to read about!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 04:36 PM
CLSB SoCal Chapter

Sportbike: 2004 Red Kawasaki ZZR 600
Years Riding: since 2004
How you found us: My hubby Shane aka "Nickyfan"

Always believed in the paranormal. Mine not really a scary story, actually just bit eerie but very comforting.

My sister died of leukemia when she was 6, I was 13 years old. She died in December. I remmeber if was extremely windy that day. Not too strange since it was December and this is Chicago.

Anyhow, whenever anyone of my family goes to visit her grave, no matter what the weather is like, it always gets windy when we're at her gravesite.

I know it sounds a little strange, this is Chicago but even if it's hot as hell and there's absolutely no breeze blowing, it will always blow when we visit her.

She died 18 years ago, a breeze still blows by whenever we go and visit her.

<--------Paulette
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who refuse to
GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!
"Number '69' All the Way!"
"GO NICKY HAYDEN!!!"

Paulette's Facebook
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Slowass

Hey Jeff! Post story #2!!! I'm leaving work soon!

Sloroll -- DON'T SELL THAT GUITAR!!! Somebody block Ebay on his computer!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

some pretty freaky stories..

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Oh yeah... sorry, I forgot to post story #2...
Here it is.
While sleeping one night in my bed, I awoke in the middle of the night. I clearly remember going to sleep with all the lights OFF in the aprtment, because I looked at the cat, and I had to squint to see if he was sleeping. When I abruptly awoke, for whatever reason, the light in my hall closet was on. I was a little freaked out, but no big deal. I decided to get up and investigate. When I walked into my bathroom, I found nothing out of the ordinary. So, I walked out in the living room, and to my surprise was a Playboy laying on the chair. I picked it up, looked at it, and the hairs on my neck stood straight up as I slowly backed into the bathroom... Sure enough, I remember placing this EXACT issue of Playboy on the counter. SOMEONE WAS IN MY BATHROOM AND HAD TO WALK RIGHT PAST MY BED TO GET THERE. I didn't want to say anything to the room mate about it because I thought at first that he was playing a joke, and if I didn't say anything, it would bother him and he would ask me about it. Well, he never did, and I couldn't take it any more... I wasked him about it, and you could tell that he didn't have anything to do with it by the look on his face! We now lock all of our doors at night, and I snuggle with a stuffed rabbit... (shh, don't tell anyone... but you would to if you experianced that)
At least we have a cool ghost... He reads Playboy.

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 06:00 PM

Sportbike: '97 YZF 1000
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: friend

Send a message via AIM to Atlas
Jon, if callie came back I think that pharmaceuticals might have something to do with it.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 09:56 PM

Quote:
"What kind of man reads Playboy?", appearently a dead one.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
I'm one of these scientific, empirical proof type of guys. I'd like to believe, but the proof is in the putting. Having said that, I'm amazed at the amount of "encounters" people have had.

Once, I go out on a limb and recount my ghost story. Others are then willing to recount their own.

As for mine, when I was a kid, I saw what I believe was a ghost. I was walking down the stairs, going the living room and while I was going down the stairs, I decided to change direction and whipped around to go back up the second floor and go to my parents bedroom. When I did that, I saw something at the top of the stairs. This "white shimmer" was there for about half second and then it disappeared. It's like I caught it off guard when I decided to change my direction from going down the stairs, to going back up the stairs. It's hard to describe what I saw, but it was not my imagination. I can remember what that "thing" looked like to this day. It's as if the image is burned into my brain. You don't forget an experience like that.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Grammaton Cleric

Sportbike: 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa LE
Years Riding: Since 07-01-2001
How you found us: Google, I believe

Send a message via AIM to MrBusa Send a message via Yahoo to MrBusa
One more...

I probably should not tell this story because my mom would kill me, but that the heck. On two occasions, my mom has also seen a sprit or ghost. As it turns out she saw the sprits or whatever they were shortly after two relatives had passed away. My mom was unaware the relatives had died, until a few days later.

It was her believe that they were saying "goodbye", when they appeared. Freaky.

-- Matthew --

"I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the Universe" - Jango Fett
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 10:55 PM

Well, one night a few months back something freaky happened.

I sleep at night with my remote under my pillow. I set the sleep on my tv and set the remote under my pillow, I remember exactly because I had to adjust my pillows after. Well I close my eyes, and about 2 minutes later my tv turns off. I fall asleep quickly, so I figured that I just dosed off. Well, when I look over to see what's on tv, my remote is on my night stand with my dvd remote. The dvd remote was previously on my chest.

So yeah, I still pee in my sleep,

More stories to come
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 10:59 PM

My DVD player turns on in the night and during the day. I usually know it's not a power surge or something because 1 of 2, the power strip is off or I dont notice a surge in anything else of mine.

I used to see figures in our sunroom as I would walk in our living room, there are windows in the walls there so you can see one room from the other.

Whenever I walk from the kitched to my room I get the feeling something is following me. But I suppose that's my natural paranoi.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 05:46 PM

Electronics turning on or off without other very strange stuff going on is nothing to be worried about. I used to have a touchlamp that would strobe between brightness settings and on/off somtimes throughout the night. Scared the hell out of me, but eventually I found it was people driving around with high powered CB radios. They have also turned on my TV at one point, been heard over the TV speaker talking and even heard on cordless phones (when I used to have a land line). Dirty CB amplifiers seem to spread signal across A LOT of different freq bands instead of only the ones used by the CB. If they are using large enough amplifiers it can turn things on and off or make thier voice heard through speakers. Strange, but true.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 07:02 PM

Ok, so here is my story....

When I was a little kid, probably around 8-9 (I can't remember), I was over at my friends house playing. No one else was in the house at the time. We had this motorcycle toy that we were jumping from the top of the stairs down to the basement below.

At the bottom of the stairs, there were two open doors. The one straight ahead led into the bathroom, while the one to the right led into a bedroom.

So there we are zinging this motorcycle down a flight of steps over and over. One time we zing it, it lands and the front wheel snaps off and goes forward into the bathroom, while the back half veers off into the bedroom.

Well, we go down to collect the motorcycle and start looking in the bathroom for the front wheel. Just cannot find it. Are moving things around looking for it. No luck. So we go into the bedroom to get the back half, and there lying in the room is the whole motorcycle.

We both saw the same thing... parts separated and went into different rooms. And here is the motorcycle, all in one room... and IN ONE PIECE.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 07:17 PM

Sportbike: 04 Gsx-R1000
Years Riding: 1 year
How you found us: search engine

Send a message via AIM to gsxRboi17
well....

when i was a kid (6 or 7) i used to sleep with my dad, my mom worked nights and we were all alone in the house. If you remeber the "clapper" was a big hit and we had gotten one and use dit to turn the tv on and off. Well the first night we had it i turned off the tv and was hugging my dad, and not even five minutes went by and this very loud, very pronounced clap came and it sounded like it was right above my head? i pretended not to hear it and i know it wasnt my dad because i was holding his arms and after it happened he started shaking!!!

He didnt say anything about it at the time because i guess he didnt want to scare me. The next morning when we woke up i asked him if he heard it and he repiled, "YES!" his face was worried like he had seen a ghost and that morning the clapper was unplugged and thrown away!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM
Slowass

Quote:
So did you find any green glowing ectoplasmic goo next to the mag?

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
Quote:
Oh yeah... sorry, I forgot to post story #2...
Here it is.
While sleeping one night in my bed, I awoke in the middle of the night. I clearly remember going to sleep with all the lights OFF in the aprtment, because I looked at the cat, and I had to squint to see if he was sleeping. When I abruptly awoke, for whatever reason, the light in my hall closet was on. I was a little freaked out, but no big deal. I decided to get up and investigate. When I walked into my bathroom, I found nothing out of the ordinary. So, I walked out in the living room, and to my surprise was a Playboy laying on the chair. I picked it up, looked at it, and the hairs on my neck stood straight up as I slowly backed into the bathroom... Sure enough, I remember placing this EXACT issue of Playboy on the counter. SOMEONE WAS IN MY BATHROOM AND HAD TO WALK RIGHT PAST MY BED TO GET THERE. I didn't want to say anything to the room mate about it because I thought at first that he was playing a joke, and if I didn't say anything, it would bother him and he would ask me about it. Well, he never did, and I couldn't take it any more... I wasked him about it, and you could tell that he didn't have anything to do with it by the look on his face! We now lock all of our doors at night, and I snuggle with a stuffed rabbit... (shh, don't tell anyone... but you would to if you experianced that)

pfff, its obvious joe was wacking to your playboy and was embarrased you caught him. At least it wasnt a sears catalog.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode