Ama Flat Track At Rt. 66 - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Grasshopper

Ama Flat Track At Rt. 66

The best part about this is that its 15 minutes from my house

July 09, 2004
AMA Flat Track

AMA Flat Track Grand Nationals presented by Discount Tire Co.

Route 66 Raceway continues to provide the most diverse racing action in the Midwest and is happy to announce the return of AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) Flat Track Series to the Dirt Oval during the 2004 season.

The AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship replaces the World of Outlaws(WOO) on Friday, July 9 at Route 66 Raceway during Chicagoland Speedway’s NASCAR weekend.

Reserved tickets for adults are $30, Children 12 & Under are $10.

Round nine of the 2004 AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship will be held at Route 66 Raceway in conjunction with the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and Busch Series events at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., on Friday, July 9th.

“Holding an AMA Grand National on the same site and same weekend as a NASCAR event brings a great opportunity to present our series to new fans,” said Bruce Bober, AMA Flat Track Series Manager.

NASCAR time trials will conclude at 5:00 p.m. on Friday evening, at the same time the AMA Grand National bikes will fire up for practice. AMA qualifying is slated to go off at 6:30 at the Route 66 Raceway Dirt Oval.

Bober feels that fans of stock car racing will feel an affinity for AMA Flat Track. “The two forms of racing have a lot in common in that they are uniquely American, run on ovals and share a history dating back decades,” said Bober. “Also, each series is just a great show delivering some of the most competitive racing in all of motorsports.”

The AMA Grand National Championship is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this season. Chris Carr is the defending series champion and is shooting for his sixth AMA Grand National title this year.

Route 66 Speedway’s Half-Mile is part of the Chicagoland Speedway complex. This year will mark the return of AMA Grand National racing to Route 66 Raceway after a four-year absence. Previous winners at Route 66 include Rich King and the late Will Davis.

Tickets can be purchased at the Route 66 Raceway Ticket Office, by phone at 815-727-7223 or online at www.route66raceway.com. Tickets can also be purchased through the Ticketmaster Distribution Network - online at ticketmaster.com, Charge-By-Phone at 312-559-1212, or at any area Ticketmaster Outlet locations including Carson Pirie Scott, Tower Records, Coconuts, FYE, and Hot Tix.

For more information on The AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship visit their website at www.1800flattrack.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Slowass

Is this the new track that's going up in Joliet??? It's a freakin' TOILET BOWL track??? I'm so disappointed. I wanted a REAL track.

Yay. Turning left. What fun.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:00 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowass
Is this the new track that's going up in Joliet??? It's a freakin' TOILET BOWL track??? I'm so disappointed. I wanted a REAL track.

Yay. Turning left. What fun.

It's too bad not too many people like Fkat Track Racing. Where do you think all the Haydens Learned how to ride?

Uhmmmm, maby they raced Flat Track all the time. Thats how you learn how to "back it in"

Theres a big field by my house we Flat Track on, its a blast having the ass end out the whole time through a corner

You're rite though it is Toilet Bowl racing, but at least its not in a cage
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:14 PM

Sportbike: 2002 Ducati Bayliss 998S
Years Riding: 11
How you found us: Search

Nicky Haden, Ben Bostrom, Eric Bostrom, Chris Carr, Chris Chandler and Kenny Roberts Sr. Those guys all got their start on"toliet bowls" turning left and are or have been some of the bets racers in the word.

Its worth checking out.

Tim
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by SHARPR1
Nicky Haden, Ben Bostrom, Eric Bostrom, Chris Carr, Chris Chandler and Kenny Roberts Sr. Those guys all got their start on"toliet bowls" turning left and are or have been some of the bets racers in the word.

Its worth checking out.

Tim

I'm there man, theres no if ands or buts about it.

I went to Springfield for the mile last year. Bad ass shiattt

Next bike I'm building is a flat tracker or maby a supermoto, shit I don't know
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:26 PM

Those guys on the hile have huge cajones. Think about how fast they are going one handed down the straight with the wall so close. Just checking out all the fans bikes at the Joliet race was cool.

Tim
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:29 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowass
Is this the new track that's going up in Joliet???
This is the track they built several years ago next to the dragstrip. The new "private" track is a regular roadrace course.

And flat track racing is very cool to watch. I've been to Springfield several times and the short track in Plymouth, WI during Superbike weekend.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by SHARPR1
Those guys on the hile have huge cajones. Think about how fast they are going one handed down the straight with the wall so close. Just checking out all the fans bikes at the Joliet race was cool.

Tim

They break 130 down the straight. I was standing 3 feet away from them at Springfield.

I want to build one
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:30 PM

That old school Yamaha street tracker kit that is advertised in Walneck for a XS 650s does look pretty cool. It woudl definitely be original.

Tim
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Grasshopper

I have an XT500 motor, fresh top end
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 03:30 PM

That is awesome. Let me knwo if you build one, it woudl be cool to check out.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Resident Slow guy

Sportbike: 250x_Dirtbike Triumph_Tripled_955i 90_H-D_Bagger CR80_Mini_Motard
Years Riding: Street_LOOOOOOONG_Time Track Backmarker
How you found us: Google

Send a message via AIM to Ohfugit
Cool you got room to have a track in your neighborhood.
it looks like a blast.

You see Hayden and Yates and those guys just sliding em around like its nothing. meanwhile I'm going Woooooooaaaaa

I'm headed over to american supercamp in a few weeks to see if they can teach this old dog something new.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 02:45 PM

Sportbike: ZX9R
Years Riding: 10+ years
How you found us: Gixxer Tony

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1shadyninja
the new "semi private " track going up is a full blown road course
both nesba and stt will be there this fall ,,september
they have a website...
www.autobahncountryclub.net

your welcome

Our Company Facebook ==> http://on.fb.me/TYp7jw
First Place Oils
Check out what AMSOIL has for your bike!
See this post ----> https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...1&postcount=16
Click here for our CLSB SPECIAL!" https://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...68#post2010368
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 04:34 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by 1shadyninja
the new "semi private " track going up is a full blown road course
both nesba and stt will be there this fall ,,september
they have a website...
www.autobahncountryclub.net

your welcome

Dude, I'm not talking about the new road course, thanks for the info though, I was talking about dirt oval "FLAT TRACK RACING"

That Autobahn track looks bad ass though. I'm going over their after work to scope it out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode