To much going on - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
To much going on

My wedding is less han 2 weeks, today I just found out my grandmother has cancer today. I have the best day of my life coming soon and I feel like crap at the sametime. My dad just retired and for some reason it's getting to me, like a sign he's getting old. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it bothers me. I keep telling my self that an old man can't build a storage shied like he has been doing. I am so worried about my grandma, she lives about an 1 1/2 hour a way and I have a crappy feeling inside me. I feel so bad for trying to be happy about the wedding and knowing this is going on. I'm sorry if this brought anyone down, I just needed to get this off my cheast. I think it's time now to get a beer.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:39 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

hey i hear ya, thats a tuff spot to be in, just remember to keep things in there place, and by all means pray and wish for the best outcome for all the them.

no matter what life has in store for us, its how we handle these things that makes us what we are.

prayers go out to your grandma.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:44 PM
Yamahaulin !!

Sportbike: 2003 R6 Liquid Silver
Years Riding: 4 yrs
How you found us: on line

not that its the same.. but I just got a married two years ago and at the time my grandmother was not looking good.
There was some guilt in me leaving for my honeymoon for two weeks and not knowing if she would be ok...
But after some thought... I realized she would not want me to be mourning her during what is the happiest times in my life... go be married and enjoy your time.. you know thats what your grandmother would do.... Honor her on your day with a special dedication song or something.. and live life as you should... after all thats why you ride a motorcycle right?

Peace and love to all Grandmothers!

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary . . . that’s what gets you” Jeremy Clarkson
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 10:56 PM
pfft.

Sportbike: 01 F4i (Well, I HAD one, anyway)
Years Riding: 7
How you found us: I google myself regularly

I am going through a similar up/down time right now. Hang in there-- it's life, and we're all here for ya if you need to rant.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 03:21 AM

Been there......my grandpa died the day after we left for our honeymoon.......glad I called home when I did, or I would've missed the funeral. It sucks.....but that's life.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
Ive known you for a lot of years. You have alwyas let shit get to you more than you should. Worry about the thing s that youactually have comtrol over and let the rest work themselves out. No point in trying to put everything on your shoulders.

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 08:50 AM

Sportbike: 2000 Hayabusa Blue & Silver! Mods-> Oh yeah!
Years Riding: Oh just a couple or so....
How you found us: Old SBN days.......

Jim i have only known you a short while and i am no one to give personal advice so by all means take what i say with a grain of salt.......

1. Your grandma was diagnosed with cancer. She is not in the ground and dont put her there in your mind. Do you know how many cancer survivors there are? There are a ton of em and THATS what you need to see. Be strong for her and she in return will hopefully be strong as well. Its the people that give up that get consumed before their time.

2. Your Dad retiring? Bud that should be friggin EXCITING for you! Jim he just bought a Harley and since he has worked the MAJORITY of his life he deserves a break! Or retirement that is. You are only as old as you feel bud. Dont take the persona of he sits on a rocking chair and whitles a stick! This is his time!! Would you rather he work till the end? Isn't that kind of selfish? He knows when he is pushing it so dont pad all the corners and keep him from being active! Quit thinking and TALK to him. I bet he is VERY VERY happy to be retired.

Good luck and one more piece of advice........Dont sweat the small shit........and........Dont make a mountain out of a mole hill.

This is YOUR time for happiness so just enjoy it.

<--Kelly

2000 Hayabusa
2006 Honda CRF50
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

Live life day by day and don't take for granted of the things we do have. Noone would want us upset and sad. If I were to die today I would pray that my family would take it ok. If I were sick I would tell my family they cannot stop living just becuase I may have to slow down because of the illness.

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
To Punish and Enslave

Sportbike: A 10 speed :(
Years Riding: 25
How you found us: I know the dude that runs the website

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to Jimbo
Thanks guys. I feel better more today than probably in the last 3 weeks (family is driving me nuts about the wedding, and it's the distant family) My grandmother sounded good when I talked to her, she looks on the bright side of things and she said the doctor feel good about this. Tony, I know I let things bug me, but I am not as bad as I use to be. I am more laid back than I use to be. After I got laid off, I got mad, then I was ok. I knew everything was going to be fine. Ever since that day, I think I been cool with stuff. If something happenes, it's going to happen.

Tell you a little about my grandmother and how cool she is. When I was a kid, we lived across the street from her. My friends use to want to go to her house b/c they thought she was cool. She even played basketball with us too She really held this family together threw hard times too.

Thanks guys!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"- Benjamin Franklin

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vcook View Post
hahahaha, nice try. Everyone knows men age like wine and women age like milk. It's a scientific fact!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode