Let's Do It! - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Let's Do It!

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 08:46 PM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
Oh, bad timing!!! May 19th the gf and I are putting the bikes in my trailer and going on a road trip to New Mexico.... so I'll be buying A LOT of gas.

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

yeah dont buy gas on may 19th email has been going around for years!! itll never happen

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 02:48 PM

Sportbike: Yamaha FZ1
Years Riding: Can't remember
How you found us: member

Your heart is in the right place, but the approach is misdirected, in my opinion. The oil companies are not going to choke on any stockpiles.

Rather than not buying gas on one specific day, you can have a more lasting impact by doing things that reduce how much gas you need to buy on a regular basis. This will ultimately reduce our dependance on oil, and therefore reduce the amount of money we send to these oil rich middle-eastern countries that are run by a collection of scoundrels, tyrants, dictators, thugs, and corrupt royalty.

What can you do?? Conserve!!!

Drive the most fuel efficient vehicle you can. Do you need a huge 12 mpg SUV or truck to go shopping?
Minimize the amount of driving you do.
Avoid lots of single purpose, short trips by consolidating your errands.
Find other means of getting around when possible--carpool, public transit, bicycle, etc.
Drive your vehicle to maximize gas mileage.

The way to hit them is by changing your habits to use less oil products.

Keytickler
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keytickler
Your heart is in the right place, but the approach is misdirected, in my opinion. The oil companies are not going to choke on any stockpiles.

Rather than not buying gas on one specific day, you can have a more lasting impact by doing things that reduce how much gas you need to buy on a regular basis. This will ultimately reduce our dependance on oil, and therefore reduce the amount of money we send to these oil rich middle-eastern countries that are run by a collection of scoundrels, tyrants, dictators, thugs, and corrupt royalty.

What can you do?? Conserve!!!

Drive the most fuel efficient vehicle you can. Do you need a huge 12 mpg SUV or truck to go shopping?
Minimize the amount of driving you do.
Avoid lots of single purpose, short trips by consolidating your errands.
Find other means of getting around when possible--carpool, public transit, bicycle, etc.
Drive your vehicle to maximize gas mileage.

The way to hit them is by changing your habits to use less oil products.

Keytickler

In theory this would work. In theory communism works though. Stopping the purchase of gas on 1 day is impossible. No chance that people everywhere would be aware of this or participate. Remember, people are specifically worried about themselves. Thus they wont do it. THey have to get to work, drive to school, whatever. The oil companies would look at it as a anomoly and that is all.

A shift in the population's consumption of gas is also a falacy. No chance this would happen short of gas being at $4 per gallon. That is when everyone would re-evaluate the driving habits. every aspect of our economy relies on gas. Wish it could work but the economics, unified nature of americans actions and reality are all completely seperate and independent of each other. (Well kind of. Economics and reality are pretty related.)

Just be happy that the gas isnt $4 per gallon like Europe has had for years. We are the richest nation in the world. I am not happy about it but we can withstand this. That is what big business is all about. On a side note it is OPEC by the way, not the oil companies. The oil companies cant tell the saudi family they NEED to drill more. They would get laughed at.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:52 PM
-= OuterSpace =-

Sportbike: Yamaha YZ450
Years Riding: too many to keep track
How you found us: Shizzle

Quote:
Originally posted by JimGoFast
yeah dont buy gas on may 19th email has been going around for years!! itll never happen
Exactly!

04 Yamaha YZ450F - Off-Road it, mang
06 Kawasaki BruteForce 750i
09 Yamaha Raptor 700r

- Mike - OldSkool - MC -
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
In theory this would work. In theory communism works though.
LOL.. i love that.. i use it all the time when people tell me "it SHOULD work.."

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 07:51 AM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

Damn I thought this was a post of a girl needing some sex!

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 12:25 PM

Just another email urban legand.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 12:39 PM

Sportbike: looking to get dirty!
Years Riding: long time
How you found us: SBN

Theoretically this would have the opposite effect. I'll spare you all the economic formula's but what would happen, since gas has a virtually inelastic demand, is that everyone would go out the day before and fill up there tanks. That helps the gas/oil companies by:

1. depleting inventory early and improving asset turnover ratio's and other financial ratios
2. brings in profits earlier giving them the opportunity to create better Returns on investment. In turn ROE, ROI ratios improve. Stock price rise and gives them even a greater financial position
3. gives them the opportunity improve margins and in turn profits if forecasted correctly.

Need I go on?............

Brian (F.K.A. Crazy)

Gamertag: CRAZY403

“You can’t escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”

-Abraham Lincoln

“Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt.”

-Herbert Hoover
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
4.6 Billion dollars in ONE day seems a little high to me, but what do I know. And all the people that WOULD have bought gas that day will be buying gas the day before or the day after, so it would all even out. It's not like no one is going to buy gas for a year. I don't really think that it's going to affect returns on investments blah blah...

Besides, this comes out like once a year... It's like the Bell curve in high school. If we can get everyone to bomb this test, we'll all get A's! Well, there's always some shed box who can't do it, and so it never works.

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode