OH YEA!!!! July 9th AMA FLAT TRACK 1/2 mile - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:00 AM
Grasshopper

OH YEA!!!! July 9th AMA FLAT TRACK 1/2 mile

Route 66 Raceway, (Half-mile), Joliet, IL
Tickets & event info: (815) 727-7223
Support classes: H-D Sportster Performance
Racing starts: 8 p.m.

THIS IS GOING TO ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!

We should get a group of as many hooligans as we can to group ride to this one next Friday night.

These guys are an absolute HOOT to watch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
OMG I LOVE FLAT TRACK racing

THOSE guys have SERIOUS ballz!

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Slowass

I'm definitely there. Rode my HD Sporster to work today! Did some drag racing down Cicero!
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowass
I'm definitely there. Rode my HD Sporster to work today! Did some drag racing down Cicero!

SHWEEEEEEEEET, instead of selling that you should slap some 1200 heads on that and build a Dirt track racer out of it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Grasshopper

BUMP DA BUMP

This is Awesome Pro Flat Track Racing guys, I can't beleive nobody is interested in this

This is the sport the Haydens Spawned from!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Slowass

I'm down like Syndrome...

I guess it's just you and me...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by Slowass
I'm down like Syndrome...

I guess it's just you and me...

You're a hand full Someone save me !!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
freaking newbies, man there slow, ha ha ha

Sportbike: Big Wheel
Years Riding: Since 3
How you found us: This is required?

persons without beer guts and mullets need not apply

...jusssst kidding

sort of
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Evil Moderatrix

Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!

8:00 on a Friday night from Waydafug Upnorth is a bit of a trick... but we'll see if I can't talk John into it!

Kim
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by CRAZe Inc
persons without beer guts and mullets need not apply

...jusssst kidding

sort of

Hey TOOL BOX, have you ever gone to a flat track race before?

You mite learn something about riding from watching these races. These guys back it in at 100 mph
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 09:12 AM

Sportbike: '09 Yamaha R15, '07 BWM X-Challenge, '05 SV650, (2) '00 VFR, '84 RZ350
Years Riding: 14
How you found us: Speedzilla

I've never been to a flat track race.....this might be fun!!

"and yes, I will be serving strawberry shortcake right out of my bikini bottoms. just come on by with a spoon and scoop it out of my ass crack." ill_ag

"Why would I beat someone with a pillow when all I really want is dirty coochy?" ill_ag
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 09:58 AM

I might be down dont have shyt to do Friday, let me know where we are thing about meeting up.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by swerve
I might be down dont have shyt to do Friday, let me know where we are thing about meeting up.

I'd like to get there around 6 because they will be qualifying. We can all meet at my house. I'm about 15 minutes from the track.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Grasshopper

Here we go guys, history in the making. Bring your Yuppy asses down from the North West Burbs and watch some good down home American Motorcycle racing on the SOUUUUUTH SIIIIIDE!

If anyone wants to go. Meet at my house 6pm. PM me for directions.

NASCAR Star Kyle Petty to be Master of Ceremonies at AMA Event

July 07, 2004 - The rolling thunder of the AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship rolls into Joliet, Ill., and Route 66 Raceway this Friday, July 9. The leading AMA Grand National riders from across the country will vie for the top prize on the half-mile oval in round seven of the 20-race series. Chris Carr, the defending and five-time AMA Grand National champ, leads the standings coming into Fridayís race. Carr has built a commanding 39-point lead by finishing in the top five at every round, including two victories in the previous six races.

In an historic first, this race is being held in conjunction with a NASCAR Nextel Cup Series and Busch Series race at the neighboring Chicagoland Speedway. The AMA race will be held directly after Nextel Cup qualifying giving NASCAR fans a unique opportunity to see AMA Grand National motorcycle racing. Many of NASCARís top drivers are expected to be among the crowd taking in the exciting two-wheel action Friday night and NASCARís own Kyle Petty will be on hand as Master of Ceremonies.

This year marks the return of AMA Grand National racing to Route 66 Raceway after a four-year absence. The track is considered one of the finest facilities on the AMA Flat Track racing calendar. The track has produced some outstanding racing in the past with lots of passing and a wide racing line

Carr comes into Joliet the pre-race favorite. The veteran racer from Fleetwood, Pa., is the winningest active rider on the circuit and is chasing his sixth AMA Grand National title. Riding a stable of motorcycles sponsored by Quality Checked Certified Pre Owned Ford, Carr has sprinted out to one of the biggest early leads in the 50-year history of the series.

Joe Kopp, the last rider other than Carr to win the series title, cut into Carrís lead with a victory on June 26 in Lima, Ohio, but a post-race inspection indicated the fuel of Koppís bike was out of compliance. An independent lab verified the result and Kopp received a 23-point penalty. Now the former champ from Mica, Wash., will have to regroup and try to chip away at Carrís considerable series lead.

Harley-Davidson factory rider Rick King, from Dysart, Iowa, comes into the race as the only former winner at Route 66. King comes into the race having already earned a victory this year in Springfield, Ill., and is ranked 13th in the series standings.

Joliet is rolling out the red carpet on Thursday night before the race hosting Fanfest. Fans can come out to meet and get autographs from the stars of the AMA Progressive Insurance Championship and check out their bikes. Plus they can meet some of the NASCAR drivers, and see NASCAR and IRL racecars. The Fourth Annual Fanfest will be held on Chicago Street in Downtown Joliet from 5pm - 11pm.

Tickets can be purchased at the Route 66 Raceway Ticket Office, by phone at 815-727-7223 or online at www.route66raceway.com. Tickets can also be purchased through the Ticketmaster Distribution Network - online at ticketmaster.com, Charge-By-Phone at 312-559-1212, or at any area Ticketmaster Outlet locations including Carson Pirie Scott, Tower Records, Coconuts, FYE, and Hot Tix.

For immediate post-race results, points, in-depth series and rider information, regular columnists and much more, log onto www.1800FlatTrack.com, the official website of the AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

FRIDAY, JULY 9, 2004

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Registration at the track

2:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. - Tech Inspection at the track

4:30 p.m. - Riders Meeting

5:00 p.m. - Practice

6:00 p.m. - Qualifying heats

7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Opening Ceremonies

8:00 p.m. - 8:10 p.m. - 1st Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Heat

8:10 p.m. - 8:20 p.m. - 2nd Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Heat

8:20 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. - 3rd Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Heat

8:30 p.m. - 8:40 p.m. - 1st Progressive Insurance Grand National Heat

8:40 p.m. - 8:50 p.m. - 2nd Progressive Insurance Grand National Heat

8:50 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - 3rd Progressive Insurance Grand National Heat

9:00 p.m. - 9:10 p.m. - 4th Progressive Insurance Grand National Heat

9:10 p.m. - 9:25 p.m. - HARLEY-DAVIDSON SPORTSTER PERFORMANCE FINAL

9:25 p.m. - 9:35 p.m. - Victory Circle for Harley-Davidson Sportster Performance Final

9:35 p.m. - 9:45 p.m. - 1st Progressive Insurance Grand National Semi

9:45 p.m. - 9:55 p.m. - 2nd Progressive Insurance Grand National Semi

9:55 p.m. - 10:05 p.m. - 3rd Progressive Insurance Grand National Semi

10:20 p.m. - 10:35 p.m. - AMA PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE GRAND NATIONAL FINAL

10:40 p.m. - Victory Circle for Grand National
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Grasshopper

This pretty much sucked

Joliet race washed out
July 09, 2004

Due to heavy rains in the Joliet area, Round 7 of the AMA Progressive Insurance Flat Track Championship, scheduled to take place at Route 66 Raceway tonight, has been cancelled. There is no rain date for this event. The series moves to Davenport, Iowa next Saturday. Tune in here for complete coverage of next weekend's racing action.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 04:03 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Yeah, tell me about it. I've never seen this type of racing before so I was looking forward to it. Watching them practice was very cool, then the rain came, and kept coming, all night. I was very disappointed.

The only good thing about that night was that I drank alot of beer.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 04:38 PM
Evil Moderatrix

No rain date?!?!

THAT TOTALLY BLOWS!

Kim
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 04:45 PM

That was some wild shyat!!! looks real odd! Thanks Nick I had a blast and I was hoping that tonite could be the continuation, but her we go again. That was awesome to see though that is the closest thing that I have ever seen to almost falling and almost not falling at the same time. Real funky, We swindled our way into the pits and there was some awesome stuff back there.

Even in the rain we still made the best of it all again thanks Nick and Raquel for the invite and courtesy. SOUTH SIDE!!!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally posted by swerve
That was some wild shyat!!! looks real odd! Thanks Nick I had a blast and I was hoping that tonite could be the continuation, but her we go again. That was awesome to see though that is the closest thing that I have ever seen to almost falling and almost not falling at the same time. Real funky, We swindled our way into the pits and there was some awesome stuff back there.

Even in the rain we still made the best of it all again thanks Nick and Raquel for the invite and courtesy. SOUTH SIDE!!!

Raquel? Who's that? Ohhhh, you mean Rachel

Yea man, fun times, how about riding you 929 through the mud at the camp ground, those racing slicks work real good for that.

I'm glad you made it home OK, and we should definitely get together for another ride bro. NOT IN THE RAIN
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Grasshopper
I'm glad you made it home OK, and we should definitely get together for another ride bro. NOT IN THE RAIN

Ya think!!! Next time I will get a chopper blackbird like this one so the harley guys feel a little more comfortable. And next time we go off roading witht he sportsbikes I will have to put picks in the tires, so we won't be like ice skating in the mud!

Hell yeah I'm down let me know!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode