1. As many of you know, I don't get on the bike without my Knox.
2. The Knox fits under all my gear, but I normally need to remove the "factory" pad first or the jacket rides up to high and I can't turn my head. With the pad removed, it fits great under my Phoenix jacket and the race leathers.
3. Bad Steve, you know the Bohn is a rip off of the Knox. Spend the extra $10 bucks and honor the guy who did the work to develop it vs. one that is just ripping off a good idea.
4. Ummm, I didn't want to post this before as I though the timing would be bad or it would be in "bad taste". Andy is a Brother and I wouldn't want to say anything to hurt or dis him. That said, I am pretty sure he didn't have a spine protector. The last time I was out with Andy which was about 4 weeks ago with Steve, he didn't have a back protector. After Steve split we got to talking about it, as his Vanson jacket didn't even have the "factory" pad in it. Basically, my last conversation with him was that with the way we/he rides he really should spend a few bucks and get one as he really has no protection and that you don't want to mess with a spinal injury. You have no idea how many times I've replayed that short conversation in my mind and wondered what if... And if I should have pushed harder. I really hope I'm wrong and he went out and got one and that he gets up and walks around because he had it.
5. Buy and wear a F-ing back protector and all the necessary gear. Trust me, I worked in an ER for almost 5 years. You do not want to look like some of the guys and gals I've seen. More importantly, you don't want to feel like them. Even with all the gear, we are still so exposed it isn't funny. Give yourself a fighting chance. Just do it.
There, I got that off my chest. I really hope I didn't say anything to offend, but the whole back protector thing just keeps running in my mind and since it was already brought up I went with it...