Intelligent Quotes - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
CLSB SuperHero

Sportbike: None right now
Years Riding: since '95
How you found us: friend

Intelligent Quotes

Intelligent Quotes

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever," -- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff," -- Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life," -- Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body," -- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward.

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country," -- Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, DC.

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president," -- Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents.

"That lowdown scoundrel deserves to be kicked to death by a jackass, and I'm just the one to do it," -- A congressional candidate in Texas.

"I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves." -- John Wayne

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -- Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -- Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California. I practically grew up in Phoenix." -- Dan Quayle

" It's no exaggeration to say that the undecided could go one way or another" -- George Bush, US President

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?" -- Lee Iacocca

"I was provided with additional input that was radically different from the truth. I assisted in furthering that version," -- Colonel Oliver North, from his Iran-Contra testimony.

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein," -- Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

"We don't necessarily discriminate. We simply exclude certain types of people." -- Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC Instructor.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur." -- Al Gore, VP

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas." -- Keppel Enderbery

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances." -- Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night. And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record." -- Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman

“If we let the loggers go in and cut down all the trees we wouldn’t have a problem with forest fires.” – George Bush

Life is too short to ride anything but an R1

In memory of FastBlueR1...RIP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:59 AM

Sportbike: Kawi ZX-10R
Years Riding: Since February 2012
How you found us: NESBA bbs

Send a message via Yahoo to Chills
I love those quotes from celebrities. They are just morons who think their opinions are so important.

celebrities!!!

Never a bad time to climb... unless the weather is really horrible, and then you climb inside!

I bleed GREEN
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 12:21 PM
I want my two dollars...

Sportbike: 2004 yamaha r1, 2006 yamaha roadstar warrior
Years Riding: 8 years
How you found us: a member, zeus-9R

Send a message via Yahoo to yamaweezle
LMAO!!! some people are sooooooooooo stupid...

Matt
NESBA #347 "I"
2004 YAMAHA R1
2006 Roadstar Warrior
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Asphalt tastes bad, kids.

Sportbike: Boo-Boo('02 Black/Yellow F4i)
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: My brother is on here.

Send a message via Yahoo to Honda4Ever
I like the last one!

<----Jeff
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned

Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn

bush was prob misquoted.

But cutting down trees will cut down forest fires. Tree huggers are not allowing the natural forrest preserve parks to do it.

If they clean up a lot of the dead trees, and cut away some acres around homes, then it would prevent hundreds of acres of trees being burned.

Whats worse, 100s of acres of trees being burned, causing pollution, and burning homes downs. Or cutting down trees, using it to build homes...etc.... and replanting new trees?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 11:31 PM
The Victim Newbie

Sportbike: 2007 mountain bike
Years Riding: just started
How you found us: svrider.com

Send a message via AIM to clearwaterms Send a message via MSN to clearwaterms Send a message via Yahoo to clearwaterms
I would think, and I am far from an expect in this subject, but dead trees would present more of a dangerm to the living trees around it, then any possible good they could provide. Dead wood is dry wood, dry wood is good to burn.
If I remember an interview with the forresters of america, there are more forests now then there have been in america in the past 100 years. When they cut a tree down, they do replant more trees in it's place.

<-- Chris

turn the bars left and go right; that just isn't right
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Banned

Sportbike: Kawasaki Zx-10 Ninja
Years Riding: since i was 5
How you found us: sbn

clear, your right about it. A lot of the tree huggers ,dont want the dead trees to be removed.

i prefer seeing trees being used then just acres being burned and also sufficating and killing wildlife at it.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:22 AM

Sportbike: Honda Interceptor
Years Riding: including today?

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." -- Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

I always thought that was Yogi Berra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode