Schaumburg Honda/Suzuki - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Sportbike: 2002 CBR F4i
Years Riding: 3
How you found us: Original Gangsta

Send a message via AIM to maks
Schaumburg Honda/Suzuki

Ok, so, as most of you know, I'm looking into getting another bike at the moment. I'm not really sure how much I'm going to be able to spend on a new bike, but I'm looking at new and used bikes just for the hell of it.

So, today I was browsing Cycletrader.com and came about this ad: http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/6/30668766.htm

I decided I'd send them a note via the "Contact Us" section on their webpage and see what kind of OTD prices they're offering, being that the ad on Cycletrader sounded pretty good.

The note I sent is as follows:

"Hello, I recently found your advertisement on cycletrader.com regarding 2002 CBR F4i's (http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/6/6/30668766.htm) and am wondering how great of a difference there is between your sale price and OTD price on these bikes. If you can get back to me with a good deal and have one in red and black, I may be interested in purchasing it. Thank you."

Their response, in an email I received a couple hours later, is as follows:

"you cheap prick buy it elsewhere"

What the fuck is up with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 06:52 PM
"PC" ,my balls

Sportbike: '02 GSXR1000 (street),'02 GSXR600 (track),'94CR125 (dirt), 3x pocketbikes (oval), KTMs x 3
Years Riding: 20 years
How you found us: Google search

I wonder if they were kidding or something. I bought my Busa from Chuck Gross up there. The price they had in the Cycle Trader was the real price. He had sold enough of them at that price he knew the tax from memory. I don't remember how much the prep fee was but it wasn't outrageous.

My wife thinks we're a bunch of Top Gun wannabes with our call signs, so for future reference, I'm Roger

I've done some things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting - Moe on the Simpsons
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

It certainly didn't seem as if the person who sent the email was kidding. I decided I'd send them an IM and inquire:

thisisntmax (6:44:39 PM): Hello. I just sent a request via the "Contact Us" portion of your website for an OTD price on a 2002 Honda F4i and received a rather harsh reply via email. I was wondering if you might be able to tell me who sent the reply.
Schhonda (6:46:26 PM): im sorry i do not know who sent it but, you can call joe at 847-362-7110 talk to him about any problems you have
thisisntmax (6:46:41 PM): Who's Joe?
Schhonda (6:47:07 PM): joe is the general manager of the store

I haven't called or anything, but, is that Joe's cell phone number or something? It's not the same prefix as the store's, as I'd expect if it were his direct line. Anyhow, maybe I'll call and ask for Chuck next time or something.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:00 PM
stuck in 6th gear

Sportbike: '99 SV650, GSX-R1K2, CRF230F5, '08 HM-S
Years Riding: not enough lately *(&%# work...
How you found us: LBK back in the day

wow, that is TOTALLY unexpected from that dealership. Still got the email and all the headers? If we corroborate that it was indeed someone from the dealership, they just lost my business unless they fire that butt nugget's sorry ass.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ernie
wow, that is TOTALLY unexpected from that dealership. Still got the email and all the headers? If we corroborate that it was indeed someone from the dealership, they just lost my business unless they fire that butt nugget's sorry ass.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's someone from the dealership. The form on their contact info page seems to have forwarded the information I put in to [email protected]. The subject on the email I received was "Re: Lead from ICS Solutions - Schaumburg_Honda." ICS Solutions is the company that does their website maintenance and hosting and whatever else, I assume. Oh, and I don't have all the headers 'cause I had it sent to my work address--darn.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:40 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

i would call AND BITCH...not only that let them know....youll be BASHING there store to the 300 members on this CHICAGO BASED website..and to the other 1000's of hits it gets a month..not only that..tell them your bashing letter will appear in every log on people see..then tell him to go fuck them selfs...if he is still on the phone.

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:46 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

max print that shit out and you and i will go there and talk to them. thats complete bullshit if it was from them. if its from them then they got some splanin to do!!!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:48 PM
YO MAMA

no shit..i say we get a LARGE group togther and show up there TAKE over the fucken place and have a sound off

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

ROFL, you two are great. The email is definitely in response to the note that I sent them which was sent through the "Contact Us" page on their website. They have it set up to forward to that AOL account and the person who sent it must have had access to their account, so I dunno how it couldn't be someone from the shop. I was going to call and ask to speak to the manager, but I might be out looking at bikes this weekend anyways, so maybe I'll ask about this crap in person. If you all wanna stick up for me and bitch at them, I'd encourage it. Jim, if you wanna go down there and kick some ass with me, that's cool, too.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 07:58 PM
YO MAMA

I say go in there being a nice guy first YET firm...and work it as how you are very disappointed in there actions of representation
and try and see if they make it up to you in $$$$ off a bike...but if they cop an attitude...tell him you'll be back to discuss this further.

Then we storm the place with 100 bikes and then we all stand behind you as you tell them...they just lost all our business and all these guys behind me are gonna slam you to every guy they know!

post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 08:37 PM
habitual line stepper

Sportbike: F4,Brutale,Warrior,DRZ
Years Riding: X
How you found us: .

Send a message via AIM to Jack
That's F'd up. They should be kissing your ass. And when they try to blow it off, point out that you're probably not the only person this dickhead has pissed off.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 08:45 PM
Work In Progress...

Sportbike: 2005 Harley Night Train
Years Riding: I dunno ?
How you found us: Been around a couple years

Send a message via MSN to BuzByU
That is wacked!........... One thing I have learned is BITCH when BITCHED at........ You usually Will end winning ... Try it .

2005 Harley Night Train
2001 Golf GTI VR6 - Super Charged-Intercooler, Nitrous = 305 HP... stage 4 to come soon! .. can you say 400? HP? in a Go Kart!
1999 Ford SVT Lightning - Super Charged @ 600 ponies

Yea I am compensating..

Gregg
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 08:48 PM
YO MAMA

KICK HIS ASS!!!

CUT HIS FUCKEN HEAD OFF...YOU CAN DO IT!

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 10:26 PM

I got my F4i from Schaumburg Honda/Suzuki... best price and quickest service, I delt with Chuck.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: SBN

Raise a stink about it. You have nothing to loose. May help you get the bike you want.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 12:25 AM

Sportbike: CBR 1000RR "Stinger"
Years Riding: 10
How you found us: Hung out here before

Send a message via Yahoo to bnutz24
hey I know some big toothless guys to back you max. with me I say we do the group show up thing. oh did I mention the toothless guys could probley buy the entire store cash. you know the unsavory Lexus driving 1000 wat amp having big gun toting kinda guys. see who is a dickhead then.

yes I was a little ummmmm rambuncious as a youth.

they might get us all free bike LOL just kidding but I would come out to support you with all the friends I know wether they ride or not. and I really do know the toothless guys to so pm me if you need help

'08 CBR 1000rr "Stinger"
Anything you say can and will be used aginst you.....so make it good
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Evil Moderatrix

Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Location: Think corn and pigs. Lots and lots of corn and pigs.
Sportbike: A Big Blue One, a threesome of Sexy Red Ones - and a Happy Yellow One!
Years Riding: Quarter century.
How you found us: I was looking for Jimmy Choo's in my shoe closet.

Send a message via AIM to KBOlsen
So what time is the ride to S'burg???

Kim
CCS AM #815 - the cute, fuzzy, yellow, spoiled-rotten half of Team Duc Tape!
I break stuff
Duck, duck, duck, GUZ!
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Sportbike: bikeless
How you found us: Shit, you know I'm a clsb OG!

Send a message via AIM to Vcook
the most disturbing thing is they listed the cbr as the fastest 600. Now that is just plain false advertising.

Chris
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:38 AM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Use that e-mail response as the dealmaker....you should be able to get that F4i for cost after that treatment.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 09:49 AM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Use that e-mail response as the dealmaker....you should be able to get that F4i for cost after that treatment.
DITTO!!
max lemme know when and im there!

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:00 AM

I got my gsxr from Chuck at the Shaumberg Honda/Suzuki. Thats messed up i didn't have any problems w/ them. They were fast and gave me a good price.
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:26 AM

I just remembered something... when I was there in April buying a bike, they said they let go of some people that were doing some shady business... I wonder if some past employee has access the AOL account and is getting revenge.

I like the dealership, I get all my maintenance done there. I went there because Maggy and Greg got their gixxers there. A lot of people do go there for service.

I think this is an isolated case, I've been so happy with the place that in April I even had a whole thread going about how great that dealership was.

Give them a chance to redeem themselves.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:35 AM

Sportbike: 06 CBR600RR
Years Riding: bought my first street bike in 2000
How you found us: SBN

yeah, i would strongly suggest printing it out and taking it there. be assertive with them. tell them you'll take their little email to the better business bureau. tell them that you will send a copy of that to honda and suzuki. also, i would suggest going straight to the owner or store manager. the guy who sent you the message probably was dumb enough to not delete it from the sent mail box in their email so have them go through the sent mail with you sitting there. they have to give you a good deal now.....or else, i'm kinda liking the idea of taking over a dealership....there are a couple of things that i need
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by GautamCity
or else, i'm kinda liking the idea of taking over a dealership....there are a couple of things that i need
We'll million man rush their ass.

Really though, I plan on getting down there maybe this weekend if I get a chance to talk to the owner/management about this. I'm fighting off the urge to call so I can do it in person.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 11:52 AM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Hell, for that matter, get the biike at cost and have them throw in a new helmet or something. Selling a bike at cost isn't too much of a pain for them. Not on one bike, but push for something in addition to that. They should be willing to give you one hell of a deal to save face!
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 12:17 PM

Max, I would call now and let them stew over it a bit then tell them you'll be in potentially over ythe wekend and that you would like some type of response or answer when you see them in preson.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 12:45 PM

Sportbike: 2002
Years Riding: 5
How you found us: sbn- ran into 20bikes riding

They(schaumburg) did'nt nessesarily win me over with deal he was trying to do with my ducati, thats part of the reason for the numbers , basically saying he did'nt want it.
$1000 less than on trade than what i got.
Price on the bike +$500 more than other places on top of trying to charge a $698 setup fee. I went else where,

Thank you Dupage honda
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Slow Poke

Sportbike: BMW Dakar
Years Riding: since '00
How you found us: member

I bought my F4 from Lamont over there. Lamont is a local CCS racer. They didnít even act like they needed my sale. I haggled and haggled for 2 hours straight. Lamont keep coming back from his manager with the same price, he even seemed put off. They would have done themselves a lot by just throwing me a bone, to make me feel good. Most people I know buy bikes every few years. When I picked it up, that manager gave me an awfully shady vibe. I thought car salesmen were shady, but they canít compare to the bike shops Iíve seen. Very unprofessional! Someday one of their competitors will figure it out, and put these strokes out of business.

I like the service manager (free CCT replacement), but not the service dept. The techs left greasy fingerprints all over the bike and forgot to hook up a vacuum line, so it ran like crap. I was in a hurry when I picked up, as they were closing. Thought it was starving fuel (res light was on), so I took it home instead of right back. It took me a couple days of diagnosis to track down the hose. I donít think thatís acceptable! When I was a mechanic, I made a few goofs too, BUT I CHECKED MY WORK WHEN I FINSIHED! Thatís why I wonít let any shop work on my bike.

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are the legislators."

www.allenskillicorn.com

Follow my views on Life (snarkiness), Liberty (politics), and Pursuit of Happiness (motorsports) on twitter. http://twitter.com/allenskillicorn
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

New developments:

I talked to my Dad today and when I told him the story about the email, he wanted to call the dealership and find out what was up. A little while later, I got a voicemail from Chuck Gross asking me about the email and asking me to return his call so he could see it or whatever. I called him back and he seemed to think that I emailed the wrong address, but I told him I sent the email through the form on their website (uh, he was kind of clueless about the computer stuff, but oh well). When I told him I talked to someone using the account on AIM and that they referred me to Joe, the store manager, at whatever number, he became kind of outraged saying this was Joe Dopps (however you spell it) from Bonzai and he's the one who did it. He was sure it was Joe because he used to work their so apparently he'd still have access to their AOL account and would be one to respond to their mail in such a manner. I told him to change his AOL password.

At this point, uh, I dunno about all this. Does it make sense that that Joe guy would be using their account, respond to my email like that, and then refer me to himself at Bonzai? It'd be kind of stupid because he'd be basically telling me that he sent the nasty email, wouldn't it? I'm confused, but anyhow, that's what happened.

As a side note:

Schaumburg's sale price on F4i == $6895 + $50 set-up + $295 freight + $507.01 tax + $90.50 plates == $7837.51 OTD
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 12:46 AM

Sportbike: CBR 1000RR "Stinger"
How you found us: Hung out here before

Send a message via Yahoo to bnutz24
Quote:
Originally posted by maks
New developments:

I talked to my Dad today and when I told him the story about the email, he wanted to call the dealership and find out what was up. A little while later, I got a voicemail from Chuck Gross asking me about the email and asking me to return his call so he could see it or whatever. I called him back and he seemed to think that I emailed the wrong address, but I told him I sent the email through the form on their website (uh, he was kind of clueless about the computer stuff, but oh well). When I told him I talked to someone using the account on AIM and that they referred me to Joe, the store manager, at whatever number, he became kind of outraged saying this was Joe Dopps (however you spell it) from Bonzai and he's the one who did it. He was sure it was Joe because he used to work their so apparently he'd still have access to their AOL account and would be one to respond to their mail in such a manner. I told him to change his AOL password.

At this point, uh, I dunno about all this. Does it make sense that that Joe guy would be using their account, respond to my email like that, and then refer me to himself at Bonzai? It'd be kind of stupid because he'd be basically telling me that he sent the nasty email, wouldn't it? I'm confused, but anyhow, that's what happened.

As a side note:

Schaumburg's sale price on F4i == $6895 + $50 set-up + $295 freight + $507.01 tax + $90.50 plates == $7837.51 OTD
He may not refer you to himself but insted hope you stumbled onto him or he may be out for blind revenge and just don't want schamburg to get any bussiness if he can help it. revenge makes people stupid and that price made me look twice
go for it and i am glad you got to the bottom of what was going on.

'08 CBR 1000rr "Stinger"
Anything you say can and will be used aginst you.....so make it good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode