Need a job? I'm hiring - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Old Squid on a Blade

Sportbike: 2000 929
Years Riding: Longer than most of you have been alive. And I'm still slow.
How you found us: The voices in my head told me to come here

Talking Need a job? I'm hiring

I know it's strange posting this here, but I know some of you are in the financial services industry and thought that I like most of you so why not post it...? Maybe I can help out a fellow rider. So after checking with Ken to see if it's kosher to post it here goes.

I'm hiring 2 new external wholesalers d/t an expansion of our business into a couple of recently acquired national accounts and a new opportunity. I'm pretty sure the first spot is filled. For the right individual it is a solid mid 6 figure spot. As scary as it sounds, I'm looking for a couple of mini me's. I just have too many leads and opportunities to cover my expanding market. So with that said, here is a copy of my Monster ad. Call or PM me if you are interested.

Bruce
800-444-4160

An expanding National Insurance and Financial Services Brokerage Firm is seeking a qualified Wholesaler in the Chicago area.

All candidates MUST:

· Hold insurance license plus at least 2-4 years experience in the financial service industry. Series 6 or greater license is a plus.
· Be a motivated, self-starter with a vision to build a successful, long-term career
· Possess strong communication and organization skills
· Be committed to “doing the right thing for your clients”
· Successfully work at a high pace in a rapidly changing environment
· Have previous experience with various business building techniques and extensive sales prospecting techniques
· Be interested in a career that has unlimited earning potential

Compensation is commission driven and predicated on your performance. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to rapidly succeed in a growing business. Please do not bother to apply if you are not interested in or capable of supporting a 6-figure income.

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 04:38 PM

Sportbike: Resurrection Built YZ250F, Various European Junk
Years Riding: Yes
How you found us: SBN

Dammit!

That's the salary I was lookin for too!?!?

Are you sure you don't need a parts guy?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 05:30 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Bruce...
Mid six figure...means $500,000 to me? Is that the absolute upside?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

Hmmmmmmm..... Maybe I should consider a career change. Hell I wouldn't even need that much dough.

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Old Squid on a Blade

Quote:
Originally posted by Kruz
Bruce...
Mid six figure...means $500,000 to me? Is that the absolute upside?
Naaa, but if you say more early on you scare people. I thought saying mid 6 was aggressive. It will probably take 2-3 years for the right guy to hit 7. Although, I've got some neat stuff to hawk right now and in the right hands...

Why, are you interested? Do you qualify?

There is nothing firm, nothing balanced, nothing durable in all the universe. Nothing remains in its original state, each day, each hour, each moment, there is change. Change is the essence of life. Embrace change as you do life. To fight change is to live in the past.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 07:02 PM

Sportbike: 05 CRF50
Years Riding: "Since 1992"
How you found us: You found me

Im qualified...don't have my ins. license, but that's easy enough. I'm just not a sales guy. Hate it actually...too much of an introvert. I think I'll stick with what I have.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Old Squid on a Blade

No John, this isn't for an introvert or the weak of heart.

Pete... my friend... that is the wrong attitude. You have to follow John's lead. It's never enough! Come over to the dark side of pure capitalistic greed and opportunity. It's sort of like owning the 10R. Wretched excess is good.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade Runner

Pete... my friend... that is the wrong attitude. You have to follow John's lead. It's never enough! Come over to the dark side of pure capitalistic greed and opportunity. It's sort of like owning the 10R. Wretched excess is good.
is this one of those license you can pick up at the dmv?? I could sell shit to porta poty company where do i sign up????

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Who's faster Lupi

Sportbike: 2004 ZX10R & 2005 CRF50
Years Riding: 20

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade Runner

No no no I mean Im seriously looking for a new job. Cant work for food you'll go broke

NESBA #456 Intermediate
Always 1 step ahead of Lupi. 1:24:7 BHF
And 1 step behind Kimmy

"SoB gets to spend yet ANOTHER season faster than me." -LUPI-
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 11:56 PM
IDK WTF TO PUT HERE NOW!

Sportbike: The GF!
Years Riding: 3,201,394
How you found us: champ91

Send a message via AIM to Lupi Send a message via MSN to Lupi Send a message via Yahoo to Lupi
So you are saying, I can work for you, make mad cach AND surf CLSB all day? Where do I sign up??

Ciao,
Lupi
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Old Squid on a Blade

Quote:
Originally posted by JimGoFast
is this one of those license you can pick up at the dmv?? I could sell shit to porta poty company where do i sign up????
That's the attitude.

Seriously, I've received a few PMs and really appreciate the response. I need to be clear. This is not an entry level insurance sales job. I really don't know too many that have this kind of upside potential. There really is a lot to know about the life insuance business. I know about all the jokes, but many of us do reguard it as profession that may take years of study and work to properly represent. We even tend to be edumacated (MBA) and have earned advanced designations. (CFP, although I no longer do planning. My attorney is cheaper than I am and does a better overall job.) Since I wholesale my employees and I need to be a resourse person for the agents that honor me with their business. My biggest client/agent ran almost $4,000,000 of commissionable life premium through my office last year and we are looking at growing that by 50%. Dealing with people like that we don't need to know everything, but we need to know the basics. I have tried to bring in someone cold in the past. It took 18 months before I saw a profit. I don't have that type of time line with my current projects. Most importantly, I just don't want to set some one up to fail.

Now, if someone can sell like mad and wants to look into insurance sales I can help give you direction. I also have a specific opportunity in the business market that doesn't take much experiance, where we provide excellent training and support, that could have a return similar to the above. I just can't help you directly with your own prospecting.

Once again, thanks for the kind words and interest.

Bruce

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode