Hahahhaha ricer goes down... - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Sportbike: none for now
Years Riding: ...classified...
How you found us: My psychic advisor told me about it

Hahahhaha ricer goes down...

Ok this is great... it's been awhile since I've had a good street kill

So some friends and I are coming back from dinner last night (rib tips at Famous Dave's in Carpentersville... mmmm....) As we're leaving the mall, I spot somebody with fake HID headlights FLYING up behind me, driving like an ass. He finally catches up to my bumper as I stop for the left turn lane to pull out onto Huntley Rd. I can see it's an Acura RSX, big wheels, big touring-car wing, and some other "usual" ricer accessories.

Noticing this, I grab my handy little Edge programmer and punch it up to "level-5" to give me a little extra power (I have an on-the-fly adjustable chip in my vehicle... http://www.edgeproducts.com) in the off chance I get to have some fun with this guy.

We cruise wst down Huntley Rd (single lane road, 45mph, lots of developing subdivisions on each side.) I'm just cruising, doing 5 over... and he is RIGHT on my ass. So, partly to get him off my ass, and partly for fun, I squeeze the throttle just a little bit and dump some black smoke out the tailpipe (ok so not really "some smoke" - more like a LOT - I could barely see his headlights! ) Friends riding with me get a good laugh out of the smoke... but ricerboy is still on my ass.

We come up to Randall Rd (big wide 4-lane with big median, 55mph limit), I hit the right turn lane... so does he. Get the greeen arrow as we approach, so we both roll onto Randall at about 25mph.

The Acura immediately pulls his "ricer" pass, swings across the merge line and into the left lane. I hear his car winding up...so I jam on it, and away we go I look in my mirror... he's not gaining! I get 4th gear, he's STILL not gaining.. in fact, I've inched ahead of him a little. I hit 5th gear somewhere around 70mph, and I start PULLING on him!

So I change lanes in front of him (since he's OBVIOUSLY not catching me)... I stay in it, so does he... somewhere around 90mph I hit the hazzards and back out of it. By 90 I put probably 3 cars on him.

We slow down, back down to ~55mph... he downshifts and tries to get around me again. So of course, I jam on it... and PULLED HIM AGAIN!

By this time, Tom, Nate and I are all laughing so hard, I think we were all about to pee our pants.

The Acura admits defeat by getting behind me, and keeping a solid 1/8th mile distance... he wouldn't even roll up next to me after that (I slowed to 30mph, and he STILL stayed 1/8th mile behind.)

The best part about all of this?

I did it while driving a 3/4 ton, full size, four-door, four-wheel-drive, DIESEL, pickup truck.

I would've given just about anything to catch him at a light... 830 ft-lbs of torque + 4wd holeshot = SEE YA!

Never did I think I'd have so much fun driving a pickemup truck. I don't miss my Z06 so much anymore.....

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 11:11 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

When did you get rid of the z06?

I remember years ago when I tried to harrass you and Nasty Nathaniel to race my TA. I dunno if you remember me...I still have that red cammin' TA...Haider's friend.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 11:13 PM
Rev

Street racing is bad, mmmkay?
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 11:17 PM

Sportbike: .
Years Riding: .
How you found us: .

Which is why I gave it up. I would have ended up without a license, crashing, or killing somebody. I'm better off on the bike.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 11:26 PM

why am i thinking about the k&n commercial with the twins argueing about the lifted 4x4 and the mustang.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 12:50 AM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally posted by 671rider
why am i thinking about the k&n commercial with the twins argueing about the lifted 4x4 and the mustang.

Thats a S2000 in that commercial.

Times like this I wish I still had my CSX.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 01:14 AM
bwa
Boom

Sportbike: None :(
Years Riding: not long enough
How you found us: Crazeinc

I wish I got to witness this
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Make my day!!!!!

Sportbike: Looking at a shiny Huffy!
Years Riding: 20+ yrs.
How you found us: member

I want to get the new Ford diesel and put the Banks 6 gun in it. Is yours just an adjustable chip and how much do they cost?

Living life! Because before you know it it is over!

Joe

FACEBOOK
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 09:20 AM

That's quite a truck. Who can argue with 831 ft-lbs of torque. Not much of a fair fight really.... but very funny none theless because of who you were racign against.

Then again my instinct would also be to try and pass the thing... not because I all competitive but typically big diesel trucks are always slow miving, turn stlow, can't see around then, you have ot breath in all the black pollution comming out the pipe, etc.... just a second opinion.

Who reall instigated this battle????
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 04:45 PM

diesel trucks are in now.

One engineer in cali designed a 1200hp truck and says diesel is the new fuel because theres no octane rating. HP is unlimited.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by YZFRob
Thats a S2000 in that commercial.
turns out we're both wrong. it's a mitsubishi eclipse.

"14.7 in the quarter.... bro"
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 10:17 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

Quote:
Originally posted by 671rider
turns out we're both wrong. it's a mitsubishi eclipse.

"14.7 in the quarter.... bro"

Thats what I wrote originally. Dont know why I thought it was an S2000.

And 14.7 isnt anything to brag about.

BTW does anyone else have the urge to bitch-slap those two twerps everytime that advert is on?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:11 AM

Sportbike: 07 zx6r, 05 gsxr 1k, 06 Duc 749
Years Riding: 27 years
How you found us: ex member, just been gone for awhile...apex

I am what I am, and I do what I do!!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RevMatch1
Street racing is bad, mmmkay?
mmmkay...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
Originally posted by jimzx9r
When did you get rid of the z06?

I remember years ago when I tried to harrass you and Nasty Nathaniel to race my TA. I dunno if you remember me...I still have that red cammin' TA...Haider's friend.
Ya I remember you... "Peanut" right? I sold the Z06 awhile ago. So you sold the TA? If I remember right, you were doing pretty well with that car and had quite the rep with the Greek boys...

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrypicker
That's quite a truck. Who can argue with 831 ft-lbs of torque. Not much of a fair fight really.... but very funny none theless because of who you were racign against.

Then again my instinct would also be to try and pass the thing... not because I all competitive but typically big diesel trucks are always slow miving, turn stlow, can't see around then, you have ot breath in all the black pollution comming out the pipe, etc.... just a second opinion.

Who reall instigated this battle????
Not a fair fight? Aw c'mon now. All I've got is a chip. And the last time I weighed my truck it was nearly 8,000lbs. It's not like I'm bragging about whacking him in a TransAm or something....

Tough to say who instigated. He started off by trying to drive his car up my tailpipe... though I didn't help much by sort of egging him on.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Grand Master Crash

Quote:
Originally posted by wingit
I want to get the new Ford diesel and put the Banks 6 gun in it. Is yours just an adjustable chip and how much do they cost?
Yeah mine is adjustable just like the Banks. I have the Edge "Juice" (http://www.edgeproducts.com) with the Attitude monitor. I think retail is around $900 for the whole package - though if you look hard enough you can find them for around $600. Try Kennedy Diesel (http://www.kennedydiesel.com). Last time I checked, the Banks unit cost the same $.

The Banks 6-gun is a good unit, though it's geared more towards tow performance. Most of the power from the Banks comes below 2000rpm (to help in towing heavy loads.) But it kind of hurts you if you're driving an automatic since you're never below 2000rpm anyways. Also keep in mind that the numbers that Banks advertise are "peak gain" numbers... not "gain-at-peak" numbers. So while they advertise +120hp on level 6.. that's only at 1700rpm. At 3,000rpm (where the peak factory 300hp figure is rated) it's only +80 or 90hp.

The Edge is usually considered more of a "race" box, netting better overall empty performance. Your average box-stock DuraMax with the Banks on level-6 will run low 15s in the 1/4... while an identical truck running an Edge will run low 14s (some claim high 13s.) The Edge DOES tow well though... I tow with mine on level-2 all the time and I get ~14.5mpg while pulling 10,000lbs (without the Edge I got 12.0)

The Banks is still a good box though. It's the only chip I know of that is CARB legal. Makes good clean hp. Just not as much as some of the other boxes out there.

Jim Ptak
-bikeless-
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OmniGLH
Not a fair fight? Aw c'mon now. All I've got is a chip. And the last time I weighed my truck it was nearly 8,000lbs. It's not like I'm bragging about whacking him in a TransAm or something....

... add a truck that costs nearly twice that of an RSX.

Like I said...still a funny story...I like ot see those little punks deflated a little. I'm trying not to give you too hard a time about having a monster truck... because I know you actually tow something with it on occasion. (i.e. you actually need and use it)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
See thats why you need a Cummins.. i can't even count on 1 hand the number of 12 second 1 Ton trucks i have seen.

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode