help choosing new bike - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

help choosing new bike

Im looking to buy a new bike within the next couple of days....im looking for something i can finance. Ive been looking in the paper and i see some good deals on the 04 gsxr 600 for like $99 a month. im looking for something between 6K-7K. want to stick around a 600 or 750. Im not sure which is a better buy. R6, GSXR, CBR, ZX6 or ZX7? any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 09:27 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Dave, the best bike for you is the one that fits you (and your intended riding style) the best - and that you can afford.

All of the bikes that you mentioned are fine machines. Unless you're a better rider than the rest of us, you'll never be able to tell them apart from a performance standpoint.

So find something that you like, and that is comfortable. That's the bike you're going to log miles on and enjoy.

As for financing...I guess it's a necessary evil sometimes. My advice to you is to read through all the offers VERY VERY VERY carefully. Some of those low monthly rates will get nasty after about a year when the interest rates go up. Also, do you REALLY want to be making monthly payments this winter on a bike you can't ride?

For your reference, $100 a month at a normal bike financing rate (avg: 5%) will get you a $5,000 bike. There's all sorts of formulas to go along with that, but this holds up as a general rule. If someone says they can get you a $7-$8K bike for $100 a month - you know you need to read the fine print a little closer.

In your sig you mentioned that you've only been riding for a few months - any particular reason why you want to bump from the fizzer so soon? Especially at the end of the season? Just curious.

Good luck with whatever you do.

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

basically i just want something that i can ride...i dont stunt the bike but i want something that will not be afraid to lift the front wheel w/o popping the clutch...ive been riding for a little over a year now i just never updated my profile. i loved the FZR its just that i needed to put a transmission in my truck at the time and now i want something else....as for payments over the winter i know what you mean but i talked to a few dealers and they are trying to clear their 04s so the 05s can come in which is the reason for the low payments and interest rate. Thanks for the info and advice though...thanks, Dave
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-06-2004, 09:54 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

My pleasure Dave.
As I posted in your other thread about CCC - beware the "we need to make room" dealer con. Take it from a guy that spent a year selling bikes...you'll say just about anything to get someone into the shop sometimes.

Like I said, call in and talk to Stu at CCC. He's done some amazing deals for our members, and at the very least you'll know you're getting a straight deal.

If you have any questions, or need help getting a hold of Stu just let me know.

Finally on the financing - unless your credit is perfect, I suggest checking with your bank or credit union about a loan first. They can usually beat the interest rates of the bike makers by 3-4%.

Good luck!

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, i went in and talked to Nick....they had one bike in my price range and i wasnt impressed....he told me hed find me a nice bike by the weekend but i couldnt count on that....i had to go elsewhere. i wound up getting an 03 gsxr 600 for $5300 with like 4K on it and Great plastics. their prices on an 03 600 was like 6-7K. Thanks again in advance, Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode