i deleted it - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

i deleted it

and to those offended by the use of the word idiot, i apologize
to you, not my intention to offend. I only hope people will learn from these mistakes

Rip

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Jim
Tgf Og

Sportbike: trek
Years Riding: 2
How you found us: the smell

Quote:
Originally posted by butchf
Jim in a way I wish you had not deleted the post.
Here's my twisted logic. By reading diverse opinions, I learn to grow as an individual. I may not agree with what is written or even take offense by what I read, but I try to read it anyway to see others side of a particular subject. Also gives me some clue as to who I may choose to associate with and who to avoid. These type of posts are always risky but, IMO we can find some value in letting them sort themselves out.
I don't find any thing personnally wrong with your post or your choice to delete it. Just plain interesting and thought provoking.
Having read many of your posts in the past I knew in my heart you meant no disrespect. As far as the balance of responses, I say educational insight to the individual.

Very respectfully,
Butch
Butch,
many of the people dont understand or know me enough to understand why im upset to see these accidents time and time again on the expressways. I/Many of us lost a true riding companion to an accident just like these, though he did not die, he is stuck in a wheel chair for the remainder of his life. My brother-in-law broke his hip in an accident in much the same type of accident, he had 1 year old twins at the time and a pregnant wife. I just dont understand why people choose to do these things, especially at night. Peer pressure or what I dont know but I wish there was something that can be done to stop this shit from happening, because it just doesnt need to happen.

Join the NRA, help protect our Second Amendment rights
GO Bears!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:45 AM

Sportbike: CURRENTLY LOOKING
Years Riding: since I was 8
How you found us: The NET is MINE

The thing is that we are now getting a lot bigger as a board, that that presents this kinds of problems. A lot of us are used to think of this site as a small little family where we can say thing and they can be taken as a comment made to a cousin or a best buddy face to face. But now that we are this big, some of that is lost. I am not against the site growing, but I do like the feel of it being a big family. That is why visiting strats and getting to know people face to face is probably the most important thing about the site.

Logtar - John

My Blog - @Logtar - Google+
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Not too Slow Not too Fast

Sportbike: 2003 Aprilia Falco
Years Riding: Too many
How you found us: ApriliaForum.com

Send a message via Yahoo to RSVMillenian
I do agree with some of the comments at this tread, however, I would have left the original tread where it was.
If someone is offended by calling the rider that was killed last night or on Dan Ryan last month idiots then that is their problem. They probably worship the guy who rode on LSD 167mph few years back.

Common Sense is not that common.

Dejan
CCS very very Amateur #144
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by butchf
Jim in a way I wish you had not deleted the post.
Here's my twisted logic. By reading diverse opinions, I learn to grow as an individual. I may not agree with what is written or even take offense by what I read, but I try to read it anyway to see others side of a particular subject. Also gives me some clue as to who I may choose to associate with and who to avoid. These type of posts are always risky but, IMO we can find some value in letting them sort themselves out.
I don't find any thing personnally wrong with your post or your choice to delete it. Just plain interesting and thought provoking.
Having read many of your posts in the past I knew in my heart you meant no disrespect. As far as the balance of responses, I say educational insight to the individual.

Very respectfully,
Butch
well said.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JimGoFast
Butch,
many of the people dont understand or know me enough to understand why im upset to see these accidents time and time again on the expressways. I/Many of us lost a true riding companion to an accident just like these, though he did not die, he is stuck in a wheel chair for the remainder of his life. My brother-in-law broke his hip in an accident in much the same type of accident, he had 1 year old twins at the time and a pregnant wife. I just dont understand why people choose to do these things, especially at night. Peer pressure or what I dont know but I wish there was something that can be done to stop this shit from happening, because it just doesnt need to happen.
i lost three good friends this year to motorcycle(sportbike specific) accidents. all of which could have been avoided with better judgement. i truly understand your frustration. your frustration is testament to how much you care for the clsb community.

unfortunately, the crashing thing is never gonna go away. i've learned to accept things the way they come and move on.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM
YO MAMA

Sportbike: 2010 Electra Glide Police Edition 103cu
Years Riding: a long time!

jim, posted his thoughts and reasons, none of which i think should be tried to change for HIS decisions.

end of story.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode