The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement - Chicagoland Sportbikes
Chicagoland Sportbikes

Open Forum This forum is for all off-topic discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Too late, I have a 3 year old. But we're not having more, so it's the slowing down process that I'm involved in.

<--------Sticky Nicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:19 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

"As VHEMT Volunteers know, the hopeful alternative to the extinction of millions of species of plants and animals is the voluntary extinction of one species: Homo sapiens... us."

just for that i am having 5 more kids

extinction of millions of species of plants and animals --that is bs.

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:26 PM

The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Any supporters here?

"Phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense."

http://www.vhemt.org
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:27 PM
CLSB's Florida Chapter.

Sportbike: Ducati
Years Riding: 3 days
How you found us: unemployment office

Send a message via AIM to MoparBoyy
wow.. those people are crazy

-Mopar

1997 Dodge Viper GTS
2013 Dodge Dart Rallye
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:27 PM

Sportbike: Moto Guzzi V-11 sport
Years Riding: since 1998
How you found us: .

Is it me or did the site have a German flare to it? (guess it's another way for them to sustain the "master race" )

Funny site though

Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoparBoyy
Why do you think that, would you care to elaborate on this?
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 01:40 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Quote:
Originally posted by MoparBoyy
Yes they are! Why in the world would you want the human race to die off????? They must be smokin some good weed, or else they're just a dumb, clueless, cult.

Having kids and a family is GREAT........most of the time. It's why we are here, to procreate and keep our species going, improving it along the way.

I'm sorry Anna, but unless you have kids of your own, and understand the unconditional love/bond you have with your children, you won't understand how truly stupid these people are. I couldn't imagine my life without my girls. They are THAT WONDERFUL.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoFactory
I'm sorry Anna, but unless you have kids of your own, and understand the unconditional love/bond you have with your children, you won't understand how truly stupid these people are. I couldn't imagine my life without my girls. They are THAT WONDERFUL.
I wanted to start a discussion about this, why do you assume that I support this movement just because I posted a thread about it.

I know it’s a hot topic, but I’m just curious about people’s views. I read their website, I agree and disagree on some things that they talk about.

Last edited by VIVID1; 09-17-2004 at 02:08 PM.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:05 PM
SICK OF IT ALL

Sportbike: missing my RC51
Years Riding: 9+
How you found us: drove by Strats one night & stopped in

Quote:
Originally posted by 2weelpilot
where does this thread originate? Is there a story or?? a link or??

http://www.vhemt.org

Wayne

Standing together
Side by side
Staying true to what’s inside
United as one, we fight

post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:19 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

where does this thread originate? Is there a story or?? a link or??

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:27 PM

Sportbike: yz250f
Years Riding: 25 years
How you found us: dont recall

I dont have near the time it would take to go through that site but is the jist of it to not have sex???

Mike

When the tailgate drops..the bullshit stops
Hunt ethically - Hunt with a trained Retriever !
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:28 PM
VTwin FTW!

Sportbike: 2013 Ducati Diavel Cromo
Years Riding: 20
How you found us: Friend

Anna,

My mistake. I thought you did by your response to Moparboy.

IMO, what they are saying is just plain nonsense. "let's just let the human race extinct itself to save other plants and animals." What the Fock? It's survival of the fittest, or, only the strong survive. Take your pick. It's the way of the world with ANY species.

Hopefully after 10 years these nut jobs will extinct themselves, so we won't have to hear anymore of this crap.

Mike

"Life is all about ass ... either you are covering it, kicking it, kissing it, sitting on it or trying to get it."
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Cuddlie as a koala

Sportbike: Which bike?
Years Riding: Too long.
How you found us: Ken offered me money to join.

This thread is f-ed up.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Sportbike: A couple of pasta rockets
Years Riding: Since 1989
How you found us: In the beginning there was CLSB and Tony saw that it was good.

Send a message via AIM to HDTony
testing

HDTony.... Damn glad to meet you!

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

- Ronald Reagan

AirTek Heating & Air inc.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 03:11 PM

The well educated "affluent" segmetn of socienty is already practicing this. Most wealthier families in teh US are only having 1 or 2 children these days. The struggle is with the less educated, lower income segment, who commonly have 3-4 kids. I've heard that based on birth rates in teh Chciago area. The Hispanic segment is suppsoed to become the majority of the population in the Chicago metro area within the next 30 years.

I'm not racist, but my concern is that there will be a shift in the area will be dominated by a culture that doesn't value higher education... resulting in a shift in income per capita. On the other hand... the large population of hard working manaul laborers has attrcted a lot of industry to the area. Labor costs for factories in Chicago are almost 50% lower than the unionized workforce here in SE Iowa.

I've made a lot of generaizations here... and I hope I didn't offend anyone
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoFactory
Hopefully after 10 years these nut jobs will extinct themselves, so we won't have to hear anymore of this crap.
I think groups like this one will be on the increase in the future. As the world’s population grows, many people get angry and start organizations or get into politics. I was reading some reports from the Population Development & Environment meetings and population control, which is already being implemented in Europe and China, will also have to take place in US in the near future at this rate according to their experts. Since the people don’t want to do anything about it themselves. In the future we might have government meddling even more in our private lives.

From their report :
“41. Of special concern to the Expert Group was the fact that the current problems of land degradation would be compounded by the impact of population growth, which would add 1 billion people to the planet every 11 years: 900/million over the decade of the 1990s. Thus the coming decade could see a combination of mounting grain deficits, surging grain prices, and spreading hunger among ever larger numbers of people.

Between 1985 and 2010, soil erosion alone could precipitate a 19-29/per/cent decline in food production from rainfed croplands.”

Source: UNITED NATIONS POPULATION INFORMATION NETWORK (POPIN) UN Population Division, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, with support from the UN Population Fund (UNFPA)

Last edited by VIVID1; 09-17-2004 at 03:49 PM.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Special Agent Lance Boyle

Sportbike: 2010 KX250F
Years Riding: 26
How you found us: Sportbike Network

Send a message via AIM to Sticky
Interesting topic;

Cherry, I think the expanding population of lower income could be due to both religious and social factors. No contraception=more babies. Also the well documented fact that our welfare system rewards mass breeding. I don't know what has changed in our warfare system to change that, but I know that it's been an on going problem. I find it hard to believe that lack of education has anything to do with it, no one is really that stupid are they?

<--------Sticky Nicky
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 03:53 PM

"The Cantankerous Americans. We are in a bind. Take a nation with a self-image of immense freedom; let it practice that freedom for two centuries; confront it with the dangers that our behavior poses to our own health and survival; and watch what happens. The hostility to "government meddling" grows precisely as the need for some sort of control increases. "I'll run my snowmobile where I choose." "My family has been grazing this National Forest for four generations; who are you to tell me I'm running it down?" "Don't tell me I can't use my backyard barbecue!" "This well is on my property; I can pump what I want." "I'll drive to work if I please. Alone"—even if it's 70 miles.

A nation of 75 million, in 1900, could tolerate a good deal of that sort of thinking. Our mega-nation of 275 million in 2000 cannot." - Lindsey Grant
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Head Stepper

Sportbike: TREKK
Years Riding: 9
How you found us: member referal

Send a message via AIM to Pirate Send a message via Yahoo to Pirate
Not only does the topic of this thread messed up, but the whole thread is jacked up... why don't you wipe it and start over when Tony gets everything fixed up so it makes a little sense.

<-------- Jeff

Hey baby! You ever been on the back of an expensive sportbike??

Property of Evil Monkey Racing
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 04:15 PM

We don't need groups like that...eventually, by nature (this is just my educated guess), people will have less kids. I'm guessing that we're already having less kids than back in, oh say the 'pre-electric' days. That's mostly because you depended on your family to survive. Now here's what's happening from what I've seen. People with a good amount of kids, say 5 or 6...have to live where the cost of living is a bit cheaper. Not necessarily outside of the Chicagoland area, but most likely not downtown either. The beauty of it is that the more populated an area gets, generally the more it costs to live there. Not just rent, but even grocery shopping and general life style. For example I work with a guy who drives about 2 hours to Glenview each day from Poplar Grove...wherever that is...the salary is one here and the space he needs for 5 kids and a spouse is out there. If he wants a big enough house out here he'd easily pay double whatever he paid out there if not more. Now my observation is based off just 3 cases so I could be way off, but no doubt there's at least some truth to it...kids cost money. Eventually it won't be economically feasable for some people to have kids or they'll live in an area that's not the best for raising them. I think as time goes on, you'll see the 2.5 kids average, drop to 2 or below.

On a side note, there's lot's of folks out there who just plain shouldn't have kids...hell I'm as anti-government as the next guy, but seriously we need someone to step in and control some folks. You get the 19 year old who's pregnant with her 3rd and whichever the current daddy is, ain't making much. We need someone like Adam Carolla to step in and tie off some tubes for people
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm always learning......

Sportbike: 2k14 FLHXS, 1981 FXE, 1949 HD EL Panhead, Yami PW80
Years Riding: Long, long, long, long, long time.
How you found us: GPS

White people need to make more babies. Let's all get out there and do our share. Buncha' slackers.

Synthetic Lifelike Organism Responsible for Observation and Logical Learning - SLOROLL

Remember there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over. Zappa 1974

And I said....."Look here brother, who you jiving with that cosmik debris? Now is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho? Zappa 1974
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 08:02 PM

So when we all die off....WTF then? What good is the planet if no people live on it?

Those people need to be taken out and shot......dumbass tree huggin' hippies.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Joe Momma...

Sportbike: None
Years Riding: 1,2,4,5 count d'z rocks biatch!
How you found us: member

Send a message via AIM to JoJo
I believe that we will have elsewhere to go before we outgrow the planet. The private sector is finally getting serious about space exploration. We will have the technology to make the other planets in the solar system habitable. I foresee a future much like the one in Total Recall where the other planets are populated.

My name is JB, people call me JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
"I wouldn't be surprised to see this guy catch a pass with his ass cheeks"
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 08:45 PM

Sportbike: 08 YZ250F, 03 Tuono
Years Riding: Eh?
How you found us: .

Eh...you're pointing at the wrong problem. We can have as many babies as we want to - it's the DOCTORS and SCIENTISTS that are fuching everything up! If they would just stop curing diseases we'd still only live to 35yrs old. Then the population would be just fine.

See how easy that is? End the doctors and the healing drugs=no more population issue.

Tell that to your wackjob interweb pals! (just kidding Anna. Don't tell them anything about me please!)

<---- Patrick

Property of Evil Monkey Racing

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 04:31 AM

Sportbike: 07 zx6r, 05 gsxr 1k, 06 Duc 749
Years Riding: 27 years
How you found us: ex member, just been gone for awhile...apex

Quote:
Originally posted by JoJo
I believe that we will have elsewhere to go before we outgrow the planet. The private sector is finally getting serious about space exploration. We will have the technology to make the other planets in the solar system habitable. I foresee a future much like the one in Total Recall where the other planets are populated.
+1

I am what I am, and I do what I do!!
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 04:38 AM

Sportbike: 07 zx6r, 05 gsxr 1k, 06 Duc 749
Years Riding: 27 years
How you found us: ex member, just been gone for awhile...apex

Quote:
Originally posted by Underdog
Eh...you're pointing at the wrong problem. We can have as many babies as we want to - it's the DOCTORS and SCIENTISTS that are fuching everything up! If they would just stop curing diseases we'd still only live to 35yrs old. Then the population would be just fine.

See how easy that is? End the doctors and the healing drugs=no more population issue.

Tell that to your wackjob interweb pals! (just kidding Anna. Don't tell them anything about me please!)
jus a lil something to add to ur comment... i believe that the government has already begun a population control, of sorts!!! i believe that they already have cures for many known diseases such as aids, diabetes, etc...i think that they are toolin around with not offering the cures to see jus how much of an impact it would make on our population!! now i dont have any real evidence of this, but in a nation that is soooo technologically and medically advanced, its hard for me to fathom the idea that these diseases are not curable!!
jus my $.02

I am what I am, and I do what I do!!
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Your friendly Crazy Canuk

Sportbike: Ducati ST3 2005 Gloss Black, Monster 620, 2007 Sport Classic 1000
Years Riding: Crashing sucessfully since 1969
How you found us: Thru favorednation (ron)

Send a message via AIM to RickC1957 Send a message via Yahoo to RickC1957
Populations "self adjust", always! We live in on a plant with finite resources, we are using them up at an alarming rate! So far technology has given us the edge, but will it forever? I don't think so! Yes, we have better farming techniques, better pesticides, genetically engineered plants and seed, to increase the usable produce per acre of crops. We have better medicenes, better surgurical techniques, we as human are healthier than ever before, so the population is sky rocketing, we will soon be fighting (killing) each other for the little liveable space we have and the little resources we have left, and the population will self adjust, to proper levels. First step in that process of self adjustment, is as Mike pointed out, is the population becomes more homogeneous, there will be no pure causians, asians, hispanics etc, we will interbred, the general level of education will peak, then rapidly decline, pollution of our environment will rapidly increase, where our natural resources will decrease, with those 3 major factors, humans will kill each other, for what precious resources we have left, then a number of governments, will "push the button" and we will be in a nuclear winter for 25 to 30 years, where 75% of the world population will die off, and we will be right back in the dark ages.

Sometimes goodbye is your second chance.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoJo

You my friend, have been reading too much science fiction, the reality of our (humankind) situtation is we are stuck on this planet and we will never get off it. We (America) don't even the technology to send man to the moon anymore! NASA and short sighted government officials pissed away valueable resources on the shuttle program. they spent trillion of dollars on a useless endeavor, should I start on the billions spent of the Hubble! They immediately should have started on a "moonbase" after landing on the moon, then started on a Mars mission, they could of started "terra forming" Mars back in the late 70's and been just about done doing that by 2010. No, NASA and the government pissed valuable time, personnel and dollars on a space "truck" who's lifting capablities are useless, and a space telescope which didn't work, then spent billions on repairs, to see the edge of the universe, and didn't even find anything usefully. We lost of window of oppurtunity in the late 60's and 70's now we are stuck in damage control mode, trying to fix the planet that is beyond repair!

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by VIVID1

A nation of 75 million, in 1900, could tolerate a good deal of that sort of thinking. Our mega-nation of 275 million in 2000 cannot." - Lindsey Grant
Precisely.....but it's not just this country, it's the entire planet with that kind of f__ked up mentality! We live on a planet, with countries run by governments that, at the most think out to, maybe 4 years in the future (read that as the next election folks) where someone should be planning to at least the next 100 years! We are truly f__ked!

post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sticky
Interesting topic;

I find it hard to believe that lack of education has anything to do with it, no one is really that stupid are they?
It has a strong impact. Especially in 3rd world countries. They key is the educate the men. Educating women in very poor regions has little ompact on improving the standard of living, while educatign the men allows them to make more informed decision in life. In very poor countires here is the simple ratonale.... "If 1/2 of my kids die due ot starvation and infant mortality...I will simply have twice as many."

But yes, you are correct, religion and social factors such as teh not using birth control ar a major problem.

Example. Here in my town in SE Iowa, I estimate the instance of teenage pregnanacies is approx. 3 times higher than in the Chicago suburbs. Why? I believe that it's socially acceptable in the suburbs for teenage girls to use the pill, and women also have more ambition in the burbs and want to go on to good paying jobs, college, or somethign other than being a housewife. The males have the same mentaility. A guy in teh suburb wants to start his own business, learn a trade, go ot college, or otherwise make something out of himself.

I think the poorer communities in Chicago act very similarly to those in SE Iowa.

Ever notice than DOctors lawyers, busnessmen, any person with education, money power, influece almost exclusively make informed decisions about having kids (many have none), or choose ot have them later in life when they re estabilished.

Just my observations.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chicagoland Sportbikes forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode